Lorry driver used mobile moments before crash

just read this

link

Lloyd worked as an agency driver for Focsa Services and had passed his LGV driving test seven weeks before the accident. He was sentenced to 26 weeks in prison, suspended for two years, and given a 15-month driving ban. He was also ordered to carry out 240 hours of unpaid work

mite make people think first before texting on your phone

Del

The court heard that Lloyd, of Bicton Avenue, St Peter’s, Worcester, received calls and sent and received text messages just before crashing the 26-tonne Seddon Atkinson refuse truck on 28 July 2008.
The incident happened as Lloyd and his two passengers were heading to the Throckmorton waste depot near Pershore via the A44 after completing their round. All three suffered whiplash.

I am ASSUMING that the two passengers were adult (male?) bin collectors and were in the cab with him so WHY OH WHY did they not stop him :question: :question:

would agree why didn’t there

del

i am surprise at the amout of people still texting and on the mobile whilst in slow traffic on motorway,

fuse:
i am surprise at the amout of people still texting and on the mobile whilst in slow traffic on motorway,

If the speed is under 20 mph in that situation then, although illegal, any incident/collision is likely to cause only vehicle damage.

Still not the best safe driving practice though :exclamation: :exclamation:

Here is a pic of a car that got crushed by a lorry because the driver was texting. It was shown on Traffic Cops a while ago. This will make you think twice before using your phone.

thats what i say rog ,for all the warnings they are still doing it and in the end could find themselves in prison with guilt they will never rid themselves of. also it may start as a slow speed shunt, but a mile down the m way it can finish up as a big pile up

I saw a woman driving a Mercedes the other day talking on the phone with kids in the car :open_mouth:
I made the phone sign to her as she blocked my way trying to turn a corner - next time she’s going to get 9t of Volvo B10M bus in the side “sorry officer but she was talking on the phone” :smiling_imp: