I suppose you've read this

Colchester: Lorry driver locked up for texting at wheel
Comment | Read Comments (1)
A swerving lorry driver seen reading text messages while driving has spent a night in the cells.

Lithuanian driver Vigintas Povilaitis,39, admitted using a mobile phone while driving on the A12 at Marks Tey on Friday.

He told Chelmsford Magistrates on Saturday he was receiving, not sending, texts…
"In interview he admitted receiving text messages and checking them on his mobile phone but denied making any calls or sending any text messages.

Roger Brice, mitigating, said the professional, qualified driver, would have received a fixed penalty notice at the side of the road were he from the UK.

Povilaitis was fined £60 - deemed paid after spending a night in custody - and three points would be added to a British record of his driving.

1:20pm today

Surely this can’t be true Harry, can it? :open_mouth:
A foreign driver being prosecuted and punished. Whatever next?
We’re always being told on here that it just doesn’t happen, and I do believe everything I read here. :unamused: :laughing:

harry:
Colchester: Lorry driver locked up for texting at wheel
Roger Brice, mitigating, said the professional, qualified driver, would have received a fixed penalty notice at the side of the road were he from the UK.

He forgot to say that had he been a UK driver his LGV licence would have been suspended for 2 weeks by the Traffic Commissioner.

in the next 2 years max a lgv driver with anything less than two hands on the wheel at all time will be done if spotted by plod its on its way you heard it hear :laughing:

scania245:
in the next 2 years max a lgv driver with anything less than two hands on the wheel at all time will be done if spotted by plod

That’s gonna be bad news for a certain Hanbury Davies driver. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

:open_mouth: how we suppose to change gear.

164480:
:shock: how we suppose to change gear.

autobox?

what about picking noses ,

or giving thumbs down signals to other drivers to warn them to get their hands on the wheel :laughing:

pmsl at Niel…

That’s gonna be bad news for a certain Hanbury Davies driver.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

scania245:
in the next 2 years max a lgv driver with anything less than two hands on the wheel at all time will be done if spotted by plod

That’s gonna be bad news for a certain Hanbury Davies driver. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dont remind me.