Parking!

Is everybody who doesn’t have off road parking ready for the upcoming Parking wars? Every council up & down the country has been told to turn street lighting posts into EV charging posts for BEV drivers which begs the question, Where are the ICE vehicles going to park! I see trouble ahead. :open_mouth:
A lot of these charging lamp posts have dedicated road markings next to them for EV’s :open_mouth:

oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19046 … le-oxford/

I see a trip hazard here, and where there’s blame, there’s a claim!

All I can imagine is the Smith Families pinching the cables for the copper wire, boys and girls using them as skipping ropes, drunkards unplugging them for laughs, and kids daring each other to stick their fingers in them.

I’ve already enquired of my local council about installation of a charging for my future electric car and was told"not a chance."
So my zero road tax diesel car will continue to serve my purposes until the hearse arrives.

Gidders:
I’ve already enquired of my local council about installation of a charging for my future electric car and was told"not a chance."
So my zero road tax diesel car will continue to serve my purposes until the hearse arrives.

I got a courtesy call from the MG dealership asking how I was going on with the EV & the home charger, I said I didn’t get the home charger with the OLEV people because of problems with out of code electrics in the house. I had them tested by the electricity board & got a clean bill of health but that wasn’t good enough for the OLEV grant people. I ended up sorting a home charger myself.

She was telling me about her earlier courtesy call to another guy who had been refused a home charger through OLEV because although he parked his EV on his driveway he didn’t have a dropped kerb so they refused him on grounds of “Not a dedicated off road parking space” :open_mouth:

There’s another thing! where are all the trained ev -ready mechanics to work on them! The UK needs 75,000 EV-ready mechanics. fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest … -warns-imi