Plans in England for car chargers in all commercial car park

Apparently these plans are now being rolled back.

So the government will no longer permit sales of ICE’ed vehicles whilst making it more difficult to run an electric. As with most things with our present government it’s going well!

Dipster:
Apparently these plans are now being rolled back.

So the government will no longer permit sales of ICE’ed vehicles whilst making it more difficult to run an electric. As with most things with our present government it’s going well!

Some Govs lack “joined up thinking”.
We go beyond any conditionality our Gov lacks any thinking at all.!

Does anyone seriously think that it will matter to us of the pleb class when the time comes.
We don’t feature in the great utopian reset plans, we arn’t planned to have our own private transport, that’s for the elite and their lackeys.

Firstly the government isn’t banning ICE powered vehicles.
There will be no ‘new registrations’ of ‘petrol and diesel’ fuelled vehicles after 2030.
Hydrogen or etehanol fuelled ICE is fine.
Joined up thinking would mean a screeching U turn on this anything but green, unaffordable, nuke and biomass fuelled utopian idiocracy.
If they remove parking spaces, by making them EV only charging places, that obviously has another economic impact in loss of parking revenues and industries reliant on the lost trade caused by people turning away from the now anything but car parks.
To go with the unaffordability of 26p per kwh + road fuel taxes and the effects on the automotive industry in lost car sales caused by legitimate customer resistance to EV’s.
While the economic effects of the inevitable nuclear disaster also won’t be cheap.

Juddian:
Does anyone seriously think that it will matter to us of the pleb class when the time comes.
We don’t feature in the great utopian reset plans, we arn’t planned to have our own private transport, that’s for the elite and their lackeys.

Don’t fret, look what happened a few months ago when the fuel crisis meant panic and some aggro and that was just for a few weeks. We peasants will be revolting if our freedom of personal mobility is denied!

bigstraight6:

Juddian:

Don’t fret, look what happened a few months ago when the fuel crisis meant panic and some aggro and that was just for a few weeks. We peasants will be revolting if our freedom of personal mobility is denied!

To be fair the only panic and ‘issues’ were at those fuel stations which were actually open and obviously rationing fuel supplies as a frightener to create more interest in EV’s.
It would have all got more ‘interesting’ if the government had closed down all fuel stations indefinitely.
The truth is the government is juggling with an economic and nuclear time bomb in its hands in trying to deliver this scam.That’s all that is holding it back and making it think twice.
Bearing in mind that the government has already clearly gone beyond its remit by setting policies to come into effect long after this parliament has been dissolved and the next one.
Which can only mean that they already know the result of the 2024 and 2029 and 2034 elections and/or we’ve effectively lost the principle of no administration being bound by the actions of a previous one.If that alone didn’t start a ‘revolt’ nothing will.
Which probably explains the rush to implement something now which isn’t even due for introduction until 2030.
Including the inference of it being applied retrospectively it certainly doesn’t seem like an aspiration to just end ‘new registrations’ of fossil fuelled vehicles from 2030 subject to normally accepted elected administration protocols.
Juddians view seems closer to the mark and it probably won’t stop at just private car use they are also intent on controlling food and housing whoever ‘they’ are and obviously certainly not any elected government as we knew it.

The way plug in sales are going they need to get their finger out as at present “There is just one standard on-street public charger installed for every 52 new plug-in cars registered over the course of this year.”
Diesel sales are starting to fall off the cliff :open_mouth:
transport-network.co.uk/Cal … soar/17508

Carryfast:

bigstraight6:

Juddian:

To be fair the only panic and ‘issues’ were at those fuel stations which were actually open and obviously rationing fuel supplies as a frightener to create more interest in EV’s.
It would have all got more ‘interesting’ if the government had closed down all fuel stations indefinitely.
The truth is the government is juggling with an economic and nuclear time bomb in its hands in trying to deliver this scam.That’s all that is holding it back and making it think twice.
Bearing in mind that the government has already clearly gone beyond its remit by setting policies to come into effect long after this parliament has been dissolved and the next one.

Which can only mean that they already know the result of the 2024 and 2029 and 2034 elections and/or we’ve effectively lost the principle of no administration being bound by the actions of a previous one.If that alone didn’t start a ‘revolt’ nothing will.
Which probably explains the rush to implement something now which isn’t even due for introduction until 2030.
Including the inference of it being applied retrospectively it certainly doesn’t seem like an aspiration to just end ‘new registrations’ of fossil fuelled vehicles from 2030 subject to normally accepted elected administration protocols.
Juddians view seems closer to the mark and it probably won’t stop at just private car use they are also intent on controlling food and housing whoever ‘they’ are and obviously certainly not any elected government as we knew it.

I think you are back to your weird posts again Carryfast.

Dipster:
I think you are back to your weird posts again Carryfast.

He might be inside some “infinite monkey cage”?
Typing out random words, and just occasionally they form some coherent sense.

They’re planning to install 150 350 kW Ultra fast chargers at service stations across the UK which can add 100 miles in less than ten minutes…if such a BEV exists today. They must be future proofing the EV charging system because at present the only electric car that can get anywhere near 350kW charging speed is the expensive Porsche Taycan which can charge at 225kW & the next fastest ev charging cars are down at 150kW like the Mercedes EQC, Audi e-Tron, Jaguar i-pace. EV’s wont charge faster than their onboard charging limit, i.e. my MG ZS EV has got a limit of 50kW charging speed.

I dare say if I was charging on one of those 350kW chargers & there was a queue of these expensive ev’s waiting to charge my name would be like mud for having such a low charging limit. :smiley:
airqualitynews.com/2021/12/21/r … ss-the-uk/

lancpudn:
They’re planning to install 150 350 kW Ultra fast chargers at service stations across the UK which can add 100 miles in less than ten minutes…if such a BEV exists today. They must be future proofing the EV charging system because at present the only electric car that can get anywhere near 350kW charging speed is the expensive Porsche Taycan which can charge at 225kW & the next fastest ev charging cars are down at 150kW like the Mercedes EQC, Audi e-Tron, Jaguar i-pace. EV’s wont charge faster than their onboard charging limit, i.e. my MG ZS EV has got a limit of 50kW charging speed.

I dare say if I was charging on one of those 350kW chargers & there was a queue of these expensive ev’s waiting to charge my name would be like mud for having such a low charging limit. :smiley:

Will we see EV charging point “segregation”? “Only particular brands or high-charging rate cars here”. The plebs will have to go elsewhere!

Perhaps the AA or RAC could start helping their members with charging points exclusively for them-if they have a “premium” membership, at extra cost, of course!

Carryfast:
There will be no ‘new registrations’ of ‘petrol and diesel’ fuelled vehicles after 2030.
Joined up thinking would mean a screeching U turn on this anything but green, unaffordable, nuke and biomass fuelled utopian idiocracy.
If they remove parking spaces, by making them EV only charging places, that obviously has another economic impact in loss of parking revenues and industries reliant on the lost trade caused by people turning away from the now anything but car parks.
To go with the unaffordability of 26p per kwh + road fuel taxes and the effects on the automotive industry in lost car sales caused by legitimate customer resistance to EV’s.
While the economic effects of the inevitable nuclear disaster also won’t be cheap.

Will the car park operators not simply charge the EV charge point provider some kind of rent for allowing the equipment to be on site ? Then when the equipment is being used they will also get a share of that revenue ?
Tyneside

Dipster:

lancpudn:

Will we see EV charging point “segregation”? “Only particular brands or high-charging rate cars here”. The plebs will have to go elsewhere!

Perhaps the AA or RAC could start helping their members with charging points exclusively for them-if they have a “premium” membership, at extra cost, of course!

Yes “Charging etiquette” exists (although I’ve had my EV for just over 12 months I’ve still not used a public charger yet :open_mouth: ) It’s just from what I read around the ev forums . If you use a higher EV charger than your car can accept when there are lower powered chargers available your name would be like mud & you’d be asked to leave the charger to use another possibly incurring another fee on some brands of cxhargers!!!

99% of people only charge up to 80% on these chargers as the last 20% will take an absolute age as the car throttles back the charging rate to single figures so as to protect the battery pack. It’s much quicker to leave with 80% battery & get a “splash & dash” at another charger for 10-15 minutes to get you where you’re going.

tyneside:

Carryfast:

Will the car park operators not simply charge the EV charge point provider some kind of rent for allowing the equipment to be on site ? Then when the equipment is being used they will also get a share of that revenue ?
Tyneside

Effectively it’s all about stopping the use of car parks for the job they were designed to do and turning them into EV refuelling stations instead.Then expecting people to pay parking charges and 26p per kwh + taxes just to fill up.
So where will people park any type of cars, including EV’s, if the car parks are being used as charging stations.Also at what equivalent cost paying around £1 per hour or more for the parking charges while charging + the fuel at 26p per kwh + taxes.
The a nuclear power station blows up.Great idea.

lancpudn:

150 ‘ultra fast’ chargers across the whole of the UK! Can you imagine the queue’s of all the dumb ■■■■■ who’ve been grifted into these not fit for purpose vehicles. I will carry on laughing and driving my old petrol engined Mercedes Benz thanks.

Notice the increased interest in making vehicles last as long as possible on make/model specific forums, stepping up preventative maintenance (sealed for life gearbox? ■■■■■■■■) and seriously involved rustproofing, professional and DIY.
You’re not the only one looking to run your older cars as long as possible bigstraight6, be interesting to see how much they punish people like us via draconian extra taxes for daring to not do as the dictators of the day tell us.

Juddian:
Notice the increased interest in making vehicles last as long as possible on make/model specific forums, stepping up preventative maintenance (sealed for life gearbox? ■■■■■■■■) and seriously involved rustproofing, professional and DIY.
You’re not the only one looking to run your older cars as long as possible bigstraight6, be interesting to see how much they punish people like us via draconian extra taxes for daring to not do as the dictators of the day tell us.

It will get progressively spendy to run them. This from the governments Net-Zero team. “However, it does note that in the future “additional targeted action” – such as “steps to reduce use of the most polluting cars still on the road and tackle urban congestion” – may be required to meet climate targets. Another transport decarbonisation plan in five years’ time will assess progress.” :open_mouth:

They’re going to have a separate ETS (emission trading system) carbon pricing for road transport & buildings which will come into effect between 18-24 months time. The price of carbon credits is slated to reach €100/metric tonne before the end of this year which is enough to put 80p on a gallon of petrol/diesel right now. What it will be in two years time is anybodies guess but one thing you can say for certain is it wont be coming down.

lancpudn:

Juddian:

It will get progressively spendy to run them. This from the governments Net-Zero team. “However, it does note that in the future “additional targeted action” – such as “steps to reduce use of the most polluting cars still on the road and tackle urban congestion” – may be required to meet climate targets. Another transport decarbonisation plan in five years’ time will assess progress.” :open_mouth:

They’re going to have a separate ETS (emission trading system) carbon pricing for road transport & buildings which will come into effect between 18-24 months time. The price of carbon credits is slated to reach €30/metric tonne before the end of this year which is enough to put 80p on a gallon of petrol/diesel right now. What it will be in two years time is anybodies guess but one thing you can say for certain is it wont be coming down.

I’m getting less concerned with all this nonsense to be honest as it’s all not doable without huge backward steps for the economy and in particular quality of life and freedom of personal mobility for working class and lower income people, none of this will work. Hopefully soon Boris might wake up and smell the coffee and stop being influenced by his tree hugger wife.

bigstraight6:

lancpudn:

Juddian:

They’re going to have a separate ETS (emission trading system) carbon pricing for road transport & buildings which will come into effect between 18-24 months time. The price of carbon credits is slated to reach €30/metric tonne before the end of this year which is enough to put 80p on a gallon of petrol/diesel right now. What it will be in two years time is anybodies guess but one thing you can say for certain is it wont be coming down.

I’m getting less concerned with all this nonsense to be honest as it’s all not doable without huge backward steps for the economy and in particular quality of life and freedom of personal mobility for working class and lower income people, none of this will work. Hopefully soon Boris might wake up and smell the coffee and stop being influenced by his tree hugger wife.

I had to edit my last comment, carbon pricing is slated to reach €100/metric tonne not €30 :blush:

bigstraight6:

lancpudn:

Juddian:

This isn’t Johnson’s Mrs or Johnson’s overused Johnson, nor any of the other hangers on spouting the same ■■■■■■■■.
They aint directing this or have any say in where this is going, it’s the whole of the western world same as the covid scam, the Johnson’s are preaching from the pre-prepared for them hymnsheets of the day for the same reasons as the rest of the placemen and women and indeterminates are around the world, because to keep their positions they have to do and say as they are told whether they personally agree with it or not, if not they’ll be ousted and replaced by someone who will do as they are told, as happened in the US.