Plans in England for car chargers in all commercial car park

lancpudn:

"bigstraight6’':
I’m getting less concerned with all this nonsense to be honest as it’s all not doable without huge backward steps for the economy and in particular quality of life and freedom of personal mobility for working class and lower income people, none of this will work. Hopefully soon Boris might wake up and smell the coffee and stop being influenced by his tree hugger wife.

I had to edit my last comment, carbon pricing is slated to reach €100/metric tonne not €30 :blush:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Why stop at 100 Euro/tonne make it 1k or 10k Euros.The effect will be the same economic chaos followed by nuclear disaster.Causing even more economic chaos and a large part of the country being uninhabitable and loads of lost food production.

They’re not the only plans the government are rolling back regards BEV’s, The OLEV grant of £350 towards the cost of a EV home charger installation is getting the boot on the 31st March 2022 also.

lancpudn:
They’re not the only plans the government are rolling back regards BEV’s, The OLEV grant of £350 towards the cost of a EV home charger installation is getting the boot on the 31st March 2022 also.

There will be much more rolling back and U turns, ICE vehicles will be around for much longer as well as gas boilers and the fracking of natural shale gas will become a priority as it’s very rapidly becoming an uncomfortable truth that the green utopia will not work with the wheels starting to come off already.

bigstraight6:

lancpudn:

There will be much more rolling back and U turns, ICE vehicles will be around for much longer as well as gas boilers and the fracking of natural shale gas will become a priority as it’s very rapidly becoming an uncomfortable truth that the green utopia will not work with the wheels starting to come off already.

I don’t think there will be a way back for new ICE vehicles, There are just too many EU/UK mandates on emission standards & bills turned into laws, The EV market is gathering huge momentum & there has been a massive rise year on year with conservative estimates saying BEV sales will reach 60% for western Europe by 2030 from what I’ve read. The number of battery factories being built around the world is enormous. The three biggest battery companies on the planet CATL, LG Chem, SK innovation have now changed over to making LFP (lithium iron phosphate) Batteries with No Cobalt, No Nickel or Manganese in them at all which has driven the price down.

There has been £multi hundreds of billions spent on new gigafactories, re-tooling ICE factories for BEV manufacture & the entire supply line of materials to support it albeit late in the day.

It’s going to be a real squeaky bum time for the legacy car makers I’d confidently say around a third of the major car makers we know today will need government help over the next 5-10 years to survive.

They just cannot make an electric car that the average EU/UK wage earner can afford to buy which will sound the death knell for them if they keep on making high end EV’s for the wealthy, If they cant build affordable cars in Europe then China is going to eat their dinner. They say $100/kWh battery price is the price where EV vehicles would reach parity with their ICE counterparts, Europe’s battery price/kWh price is still too high at the equivalent price around $120/kWh, The Chinese have got the price down to $88/kWh right now which makes manufacturing BEV’s cheaper than ICE, They wont be able to compete with the Chinese for a few years to come yet but then again governments seem to favour public transport over the private car.

bigstraight6:

lancpudn:

The case for and fight back for ICE hasn’t even started yet.2023 looks interesting.
My money would be on continuing ICE vehicle manufacture after 2030, not Lithium dependent EV’s hauling tonnes of needless batteries around the country running out of charge, in that environment.
Obviously also much easier for the existing fuel retailing sector to maintain its market share v home charging and Tesla etc owning the rest of the fuelling network.This might yet come down to fight between the large oil giants like BP v the Tesla and Octopus etc upstarts and their inferior technology which already lost the race in 1904.

energynews.biz/green-hydrogen-wi … l-by-2023/