Youtube - M62 Winter 1979

moomooland:
A copy of this should be sent to the pathetic wombles at the highways agency today to show them how to do the job properly and keep traffic moving.

To be fair to them mate you call them pathetic, but they won’t have any say or control over how they deal with stuff. They will more than likely be like everybody else (and especially us drivers) ■■■■■ whipped with bloody stupid rules and regs.
I reckon those guys get a raw deal among drivers, the very few dealings that I’ve had with them they’ve been ok and are not in the least the perceived ‘wannabe cops’ that many say they are.

Enjoyed watching that very good thanks

Absolutely brilliant how times have indeed changed, the coppers then seem to only want to keep the wheels turning without any kind of ■■■■■■■■, fast forward 40 years they only want to fine you! Nice to see most of the trucks were of British manufacture, a few F88/9 and only one F10 or 12, must have been brand new in 79.Excellent video thanks for posting.

Any chance of a link. The image link in the o.p. doesn’t work for me.

the nodding donkey:

here you go, enjoy :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvw9DNQWymo

Lycanthrope:

the nodding donkey:

here you go, enjoy :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvw9DNQWymo

Thank you.

Just watched this. Brilliant! But how dare the motorway cops have a can do attitude and not be afraid to give a stupid driver a proper bollocking!

Brilliant watch. I remember that winter as it were only yesterday.

I was 8 in 1979 but do remember that winter because we lived in the middle of nowhere in Shropshire about half a mile down an unadopted Lane. The drifts were halfway up the telegraph poles and we couldn’t get a car out. We ran out of food so my dad heroically managed to get out on the old grey Ferguson and got to the shop about 4 or 5 miles away in Ditton priors [emoji23]

Great vid. I was 3 in 1979 (yeah, hope you old ■■■■■■■■ feel old now!), and didn’t start driving cars till '94 but I did recognise the “proper coppering”. Plod catch you being stupid, take you to one side and give you a bloody good lecture including , but not limited to “are you an idiot or what?”.

Yeah, imagine the uproar nowadays! The copper would be up in front of the court of human rights for offending a member of a minority group. Although, I’m not so sure idiots are in the minority anymore! [emoji57]

Brilliant. One thing that caught my eye was how many lorries were running around empty, easier to tell with flatbeds obviously, but still.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:
Brilliant. One thing that caught my eye was how many lorries were running around empty, easier to tell with flatbeds obviously, but still.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

That’s because rates were good and the likes of stobrat etc were not about

And because a lot of firms ran their own fleets so no backloading.