Anyone seen this

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qvw9DNQWymo

Was it Bewicks that lost the 45 gallon drums ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

nice trip down memory lane and how refreshing to see the cops as normal human beings and just getting stuck right in to solve the problems.
i remember getting dragged along on a tow rope behind a range rover more than once.
just makes the way it is nowadays with the wombles appearing to completely gridlock everywhere with their lets make a mountain out of a molehill h&s overkill.
they should all be made to watch this and hang their heads in shame.
i liked the understatement of the year comment about the low loader on the hard shoulder with the crane falling off the side of it.no big deal.
and hats off to wally hooligan the ambulance driver for skidding past the accident and t boneing the plod car.
all i could do was watch and say…i had one of them cars,and i drove one of those. pure class. :slight_smile:

Brilliant Dan , there was a short clipping of this right at the end where the police are sliding down the motorway on you tube but that was it . Ive been searching the net for a few years now trying to find footage of the M62 when they kept closing the motorway that was dubbed the all weather motorway` but nothing , thanks for posting it Dan

fascinating! what country was that? seemed to be a lot of English people in it :astonished: :laughing:
nice to see a few down to earth coppers as well.

What a brilliant find Dan, thanks for posting it. :smiley:

nice one dan. that was the year I started in transport. all them d series fords and every bloke with a moustache.happy days. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I am going an hour earlier on Monday so I can watch it in full ,IN PEACE :unamused:

Bloody Hell Dan, that took me right back to the night that winter when they closed the M62.
I was driving for Ripponden & District at the time on my regular Manchester run. Me and my drivers mate were having a brew at our last collection in Eccles when I Iooked out of the window and saw it was starting to snow. I remember saying to the lad " sup-up, we are getting off back to the yard before it gets any worse." There was a fair covering by the time we got to Milnrow at the bottom of Windy Hill, it was about 5 30PM. I remember thinking we would be back in the yard for 6 PM, and it was a good job we didn’t stay any longer in Manchester.
All this changed when we started to climb, the snow got thicker and thicker, the traffic got slower and slower, until we all came to a complete stop on the bridge about halfway up.
With a lot of digging ( all our drivers had to collect a shovel from the stores at the start of the winter ) both ours and other vehicles, we had got almost up to our exit, junction 22 for Ripponden, and it was about 10 pm !! All thoughts of soon being home were dashed however, when we were turned round by the police and sent back down the M62 towards Manchester. We went through Milnrow to Littleborough, intending to go over Blackstone Edge into RIpponden, only to stopped at the lights and told the road was closed. We then had no choice but to head for Todmorden. It was now about 1AM and because this was the only way across the Pennines, traffic was either at a snails pace or more often than not just stopped. The good people of Littleborough were handing out hot brews and the chip shop on the 'Tod road had stayed open. Me and my mate hadn’t had any thing to eat since 12 NOON. As it was pay day, Thursday (now Friday ), as was usual in those days we were both skint. Anyway, we " coppered-up " between us, and I told the lad to ask the man in the chip shop for as many chips as our combined worth of 89p ( or whatever the exact amount was ) would buy.
It was then remembered the sliced loaf we given as a tip from the bakery in Manchester, as we always were, when we made a delivery that morning. Chip butties on dry bread never tasted so good !!
We got back in the yard about 4AM. John Hirst, who owned Ripponden, was still there, to thank us, and stayed till the last of his drivers got back.
Regards. John.

old 67:
Bloody Hell Dan, that took me right back to the night that winter when they closed the M62.
I was driving for Ripponden & District at the time on my regular Manchester run. Me and my drivers mate were having a brew at our last collection in Eccles when I Iooked out of the window and saw it was starting to snow. I remember saying to the lad " sup-up, we are getting off back to the yard before it gets any worse." There was a fair covering by the time we got to Milnrow at the bottom of Windy Hill, it was about 5 30PM. I remember thinking we would be back in the yard for 6 PM, and it was a good job we didn’t stay any longer in Manchester.
All this changed when we started to climb, the snow got thicker and thicker, the traffic got slower and slower, until we all came to a complete stop on the bridge about halfway up.
With a lot of digging ( all our drivers had to collect a shovel from the stores at the start of the winter ) both ours and other vehicles, we had got almost up to our exit, junction 22 for Ripponden, and it was about 10 pm !! All thoughts of soon being home were dashed however, when we were turned round by the police and sent back down the M62 towards Manchester. We went through Milnrow to Littleborough, intending to go over Blackstone Edge into RIpponden, only to stopped at the lights and told the road was closed. We then had no choice but to head for Todmorden. It was now about 1AM and because this was the only way across the Pennines, traffic was either at a snails pace or more often than not just stopped. The good people of Littleborough were handing out hot brews and the chip shop on the 'Tod road had stayed open. Me and my mate hadn’t had any thing to eat since 12 NOON. As it was pay day, Thursday (now Friday ), as was usual in those days we were both skint. Anyway, we " coppered-up " between us, and I told the lad to ask the man in the chip shop for as many chips as our combined worth of 89p ( or whatever the exact amount was ) would buy.
It was then remembered the sliced loaf we given as a tip from the bakery in Manchester, as we always were, when we made a delivery that morning. Chip butties on dry bread never tasted so good !!
We got back in the yard about 4AM. John Hirst, who owned Ripponden, was still there, to thank us, and stayed till the last of his drivers got back.
Regards. John.

I remember my dad had a similar experience maybe a year earlier , the M62 was covered in heavy snow , he had dropped his trailer at Ramsbottom and got to the top of Windy Hill only to be turned around .He wanted to get off at the Ripponden turn off but the police were having none of it . All downhill to Halifax from there but no chance . Back down windy hill but he did manage to get home for around 10pm