Would you go down here?

A colleague was stuck on the A602 the other day because of a serious accident. He was trying to get to Stevenage and was facing a night out because of the planned long day. So he asked a few hgv drivers they were saying they wouldn’t, one local saying nope. He walked a little way down then decided to go for it in a 33ft rear stear. He said he couldn’t see as his mirror cams were buried in the bushes and it was stupid tight. However he got out the other end and avoided a night out by 15min.

It seems to open out a bit further on up from there, but no, I’d have been out for the night.

no way he is lucky he didn’t rip the mirrors off he must of scratched the hell out the unit and trailer though

And a no from me as well

It’s a NO from me to :slightly_frowning_face:

A602_Raffin Green Lane (Junction) - Google Maps

Ffs :roll_eyes:

Is the thought of a night out THAT bad, not only that but bad enough to take a risk where potentially getting stuck is a better option?
Yep, heard it all now.:roll_eyes:

As for me, my particular job involves me using such roads every week, but I sure as hell do everything I can in terms of phone calls, google, a map, and local knowledge before I even attempt it.
If your mate did anything less and/or took a punt for the sake of maybe having a ■■■■■■ night out, he deserved to get stuck…and especially when he was advised NOT to.

The job is awash with clowns :roll_eyes:

1 Like

He walked just past the bridge, checked maps spoke with other hgv drivers (one of them local)but took a gamble after then saying they wouldn’t. Personally I would have nighted out reluctantly

personally i would of tried to find somewhere to turn round and get to stevenage another way. Time it probably took to walk and discuss and get down the road he could of been that much further up the road.

I like challenges but nope.

1 Like

It doesn’t say no HGV, so crack on I say. (joke btw)

You could check street view, but there could have been quite a bit of growth since the last time it was checked 10 years ago or whatever.

Like others I have been down similar looking roads, but only if there is little/no choice.
To use it as a shortcut, probably not.

We all have “deadlines” that aren’t really deadlines. They are targets.
Attempt to keep RDV times but don’t get fixated by them.

To be fair i have been down worse when delivering plant stuff to building sites when someone gets planning permission to build in the middle of nowhere and also in his defence there is a very large farm half way down so they must get HGV in and out. M opinion anyway. Gerbil

I’ve seen Satnavs try and direct me into what looks like people’s driveways loads of times…

The time you ignore the damned thing altogether though, you get a bollocking for being “Off Route” I’ve found…

Never used a sat nav never will not even in a car good maps are all you need. Gerbil