M62 junctions 25 to 24. WARNING

Had a memo from our central transport team today.

M62 WEST BOUND.

Drivers of. Vehicles over 6’6" wise are currently not allowed to use lanes 2 or 3

Police are actively stopping any HGV drivers who are ignoring the warnings and dealing with them by means if fixed penalty notices.

It’s not a wind up or a MMTM.

It’s a genuine point. You will see for your selves. There are warnings at

800 yards. 600/400/200 yards etc. then after that all HGVs are required to use lane 1 only.

Yeah this true, heard it from a mate who claims there wasn’t a gap between trucks for him to get back into! Still made his wallet lighter though. :smiley:

Tbh, it was only a matter of time really. I’ve seldom, if ever come across a more troublesome set of roadworks anywhere in Britain.

I wonder if they are coming down on those doing the roadworks and telling tgem to get a move on.

jessicas dad:
I wonder if they are coming down on those doing the roadworks and telling tgem to get a move on.

Noooo they won’t do that.

They think its fine for some dumb ■■■ bird to drive her corsa at 35mph in Lane one doing her lippy and arguing with the boyfriend via text message.

it was the same on the m1 at luton, even though hgv’s could use middle lane no way was it actually big enough, suspect many a drivers locked mirrors on that stretch, if i ever used lane 2 i always found myself stradling lane 3 as well.

thelorryist:

M62 WEST BOUND.

Drivers of. Vehicles over 6’6" wise are currently not allowed to use lanes 2 or 3

Police are actively stopping any HGV drivers who are ignoring the warnings and dealing with them by means if fixed penalty notices.

800 yards. 600/400/200 yards etc. then after that all HGVs are required to use lane 1 only.

■■?

I assume they mean the outside lane (which is lane 2 going under the M1), not a problem as I usually come off at j28 anyhow, but you do get tossers coming down off R/B & M1 - M62 w/b slip expecting you to move over, I adjust my speed to let some filter, pick my slot, stick the l/h indicator on and let those coming on to the M62 decide if they want to crash/stop or slot in behind :open_mouth: . Tbh the bit around the M1 has never been a problem with accidents either most peeps know what they’re doing or it’s going too slow for anything major, the problems seem to happen between J28 & J26 as peeps come roaring up the slips or cutting everyone up to get off, BTW only seen one Eastern European truck in lane 3 on that stretch.

I did want to say p o l i s h , but I think Orys’ keyword alert will pick up on it :wink:

the 62 is so slow you mite aswell sit in lane 1 and go with the flow you’ll only gain a fews minutes if that.

MADBAZ:

thelorryist:

M62 WEST BOUND.

■■?

I assume they mean the outside lane (which is lane 2 going under the M1), not a problem as I usually come off at j28 anyhow, but you do get tossers coming down off R/B & M1 - M62 w/b slip expecting you to move over, I adjust my speed to let some filter, pick my slot, stick the l/h indicator on and let those coming on to the M62 decide if they want to crash/stop or slot in behind :open_mouth: . Tbh the bit around the M1 has never been a problem with accidents either most peeps know what they’re doing or it’s going too slow for anything major, the problems seem to happen between J28 & J26 as peeps come roaring up the slips or cutting everyone up to get off, BTW only seen one Eastern European truck in lane 3 on that stretch.

I did want to say p o l i s h , but I think Orys’ keyword alert will pick up on it :wink:

:question: :question: :question: Have you posted in the wrong thread? The OP doesn’t mention anything about the M1 or junction 29. The post is about going westbound on the M62 up Ainley Bank from the dip at Brighouse. You are no longer allowed to use any other lane except lane 1 so you’ll have to sit behind all the tankers and bulk containers doing 30mph up the hill until levels out at the top. :smiling_imp:

I’m not wrong on this one. It’s definitely lanes 2&3 that are restricted.

All vehicles over 6’6" wide may only use lane 1 through this section of road works.

thelorryist:
I’m not wrong on this one. It’s definitely lanes 2&3 that are restricted. All vehicles over 6’6" wide may only use lane 1 through this section of road works.

correct, I came back over from hull with my tanker full of oil! My name is Guenter, with my string vest and dungarees and you shall wait behind me @ 25mph! :open_mouth: :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:

thelorryist:
I’m not wrong on this one. It’s definitely lanes 2&3 that are restricted. All vehicles over 6’6" wide may only use lane 1 through this section of road works.

correct, I came back over from hull with my tanker full of oil! My name is Guenter, with my string vest and dungarees and you shall wait behind me @ 25mph! :open_mouth: :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing:

As long as its 25mph in lane 1 lol…

They should make it so trucks can hog lanes 2&3 when it’s quiet.

Rob K:

MADBAZ:

thelorryist:

M62 WEST BOUND.

■■?

:question: :question: :question: Have you posted in the wrong thread? The OP doesn’t mention anything about the M1 or junction 29. The post is about going westbound on the M62 up Ainley Bank from the dip at Brighouse. You are no longer allowed to use any other lane except lane 1 so you’ll have to sit behind all the tankers and bulk containers doing 30mph up the hill until levels out at the top. :smiling_imp:

no he hasnt, i mentioned the M1

Cruise Control:
it was the same on the m1 at luton, even though hgv’s could use middle lane no way was it actually big enough, suspect many a drivers locked mirrors on that stretch, if i ever used lane 2 i always found myself stradling lane 3 as well.

as its sounds very similar to the M62 problem except HGV’s could use lane 2.

please accept my apologies Sir Rob K :blush: :blush: :wink: :grimacing:

We seem to be getting 2 serious accidents a day up there atm.

Right lets get this straight…this does not apply to the ongoing roadworks between jct 25 and jct 30, this only applys to the section from jct 25 (Brighouse) to jct 24 (Ainley top),the stretch of the M62 that has 4 lanes going up Ainley bank.

Lane 4 is closed and lanes 3 and 2 have 6’6’’ width restrictions on them,thus meaning HGVs must use lane 1 going up the hill.

Why are some drivers so thick ■■?

Wind yer [zb] neck in sunshine, I just assumed it meant the roadworks that ended shortly after J25 (I should really read the thread title though :blush: ), been on holiday this week so I wasn’t aware that the roadworks had been extended/changed. Love to know who the cockhead is that dreamt this up :imp: .

Thanks to the OP for the warning though :wink: .

MADBAZ:
Love to know who the cockhead is that dreamt this up :imp: .

A car driver. :stuck_out_tongue:

Stan

I’m currently killing time in Hartshead moor after having come through these roadworks. I always try to chill out, leave a reasonable gap, and generally be a good Christian when passing through them, but sometimes my patience is sorely tested… Dropping down the bank at just under 50 with about 2 truck lengths gap to the artic in front of me a muppet in a car overtakes me, cuts my nose off and brakes to 40 mph! Why? At first I thought he’d be coming off at the Brighouse junction, but oh no, he carries on even when “our” lane slowed to 20 climbing the hill.

It’s actions like his that frustrate people into tailgating and results in accidents. :smiling_imp:

Of course 'cos I’m killing time I was relaxed about it and merely adjusted my gap accordingly, but if I was in a different mindset at the time it’d be easy to fall into the old bullying scenario. Then of course I’d be the big bad trucker appearing on You Tube courtesy of some clunge in a Clio!

the maoster:
I’m currently killing time in Hartshead moor after having come through these roadworks. I always try to chill out, leave a reasonable gap, and generally be a good Christian when passing through them, but sometimes my patience is sorely tested… Dropping down the bank at just under 50 with about 2 truck lengths gap to the artic in front of me a muppet in a car overtakes me, cuts my nose off and brakes to 40 mph! Why? At first I thought he’d be coming off at the Brighouse junction, but oh no, he carries on even when “our” lane slowed to 20 climbing the hill.

It’s actions like his that frustrate people into tailgating and results in accidents. :smiling_imp:

Of course 'cos I’m killing time I was relaxed about it and merely adjusted my gap accordingly, but if I was in a different mindset at the time it’d be easy to fall into the old bullying scenario. Then of course I’d be the big bad trucker appearing on You Tube courtesy of some clunge in a Clio!

Simple. Car drivers do this because of the average speed cameras. They don’t know the speed limit, they don’t anticipate the roadworks commencing and they don’t understand the word ‘average’. They are also terrified of 3 points and a fine…

Bloody ■■■■■. :smiling_imp:

I did say that trucks should only be allowed in 1 lane due to the narrowness of the lanes ages ago. Should be interesting to see how the traffic fares in the meantime. However, nice to see that the authorities are basically blaming trucks for the spate of accidents . Note how car drivers are not barred from changing lanes coming up to a junction or whatever !!! They should just make it 2 wide lanes all the way through.

Kerbdog:
I did say that trucks should only be allowed in 1 lane due to the narrowness of the lanes ages ago. Should be interesting to see how the traffic fares in the meantime. However, nice to see that the authorities are basically blaming trucks for the spate of accidents . Note how car drivers are not barred from changing lanes coming up to a junction or whatever !!! They should just make it 2 wide lanes all the way through.

It would cause gridlock. It’s already static along that stretch for much of the day even with 3 lanes due to the volume of traffic, coning off a lane and forcing all the traffic into 2 lanes would see the queues back to Hull and Liverpool respectively.