4/5 second long flash by HGV

Last Thursday very late at night when it was just starting to sleet /snow, I was driving eastbound on the 62 and nearly but not quite approaching the exit of Hartshead services. I was overtaking a HGV at the time and was about third way through manouvre ( but not going that fast as nowt on road). Noticed a slow moving tanker coming up exit of MSA. Thought there was plenty of time, but got my foot down on rest of overtake in case HGV driver was considering moving to lane 2. No dramas whatsoever. Then I got in designated lane to come off at J26, Hgv was was quite way back by then. Going down slip road, I saw a continued flash behind and thought it was a car/audi driver behind me on slip road being a prat. It was in fact the HGV driver who seemed to wait for the right angle (?) to keep his main beam on for a few seconds :confused: . Couldn’t understand it as there was nothing in front to flash at. Checked my lights at the back later - all working fine. Any insights on this? Maybe he was just checking his instruments and nothing to do with me. Just was curious at time.

Goldilox:
Last Thursday very late at night when it was just starting to sleet /snow, I was driving eastbound on the 62 and nearly but not quite approaching the exit of Hartshead services. I was overtaking a HGV at the time and was about third way through manouvre ( but not going that fast as nowt on road). Noticed a slow moving tanker coming up exit of MSA. Thought there was plenty of time, but got my foot down on rest of overtake in case HGV driver was considering moving to lane 2. No dramas whatsoever. Then I got in designated lane to come off at J26, Hgv was was quite way back by then. Going down slip road, I saw a continued flash behind and thought it was a car/audi driver behind me on slip road being a prat. It was in fact the HGV driver who seemed to wait for the right angle (?) to keep his main beam on for a few seconds :confused: . Couldn’t understand it as there was nothing in front to flash at. Checked my lights at the back later - all working fine. Any insights on this? Maybe he was just checking his instruments and nothing to do with me. Just was curious at time.

Maybe he went to flash something, accidentally put the beams to on, and then panicked and couldn’t get them to turn off. Happens a lot to me (that’s why I like push to flash, not pull a little bit, then pull more to lock them on).

He could of seen someone he/she knew coming the other way.

As it was about to sleet/snow perhaps the driver was driving a merc and tried to put their wash wipers on to clear the screen. He or she may have pulled the stork and not pushed it in?

Yeah, guess any of those scenarios then. Cheers :slight_smile:

Well that’s 30 seconds of my life wasted…

newmercman:

Ditto! I’d say to the poster stop worrying about what other people are doing and why, it’s a pointless endeavour

that’s 45 seconds of life down the pan as ive also read the 2 replies…surelay a major contender for beint the most banal useless idiotic post in world history??..how on earth do you get through your day if you have to ask pish like that in here? try asking a question that someone may be able to answer…words fail me and shaking my head at that one… :unamused:

switchlogic:

newmercman:

Ditto! I’d say to the poster stop worrying about what other people are doing and why, it’s a pointless endeavour

Hmm, arnt you making a nice bit of coin on the side from people who are interested in what YOU are doing??

Don’t bite the hand that feeds you…

:sunglasses:

Bamblemash:
He or she may have pulled the stork and not pushed it in?

Is that the long legged bird, or a tub of margarine?

Glen A9:

Bamblemash:
He or she may have pulled the stork and not pushed it in?

Is that the long legged bird, or a tub of margarine?

Dipper Dave will be along in a minute…

I had a six second flash the other day when some young tasty bit was putting the shopping in her car. Nearly fell over meself trying to hide the stalk.

the nodding donkey:

switchlogic:

newmercman:

Hmm, arnt you making a nice bit of coin on the side from people who are interested in what YOU are doing??

I said worrying, as in this thread, not taking an interest in others jobs

switchlogic:

the nodding donkey:

switchlogic:

newmercman:

Yeah… …woosh…

the nodding donkey:

[/quote]
Yeah… …woosh…
[/quote]
Aren’t jokes supposed to be funny? :wink:

dieseldog999:
that’s 45 seconds of life down the pan as ive also read the 2 replies…surelay a major contender for beint the most banal useless idiotic post in world history??..how on earth do you get through your day if you have to ask pish like that in here? try asking a question that someone may be able to answer…words fail me and shaking my head at that one… :unamused:

Somebody get Alanis Morissette! This is ironic!