Worst/best companies to deliver to/collect from

Can’t believe people are still letting them take there keys and making people sit in a dogbox
I suppose it will never change all it takes is the company to install locking bolts on the bays but why should they when you have people who love being treated like dogs and expect it and never stick up for themselves
They deserve everything they get and if I owned a company all you would get is a bendy chair and a hole in the ground to ■■■■ in

nightline:
Can’t believe people are still letting them take there keys and making people sit in a dogbox
I suppose it will never change all it takes is the company to install locking bolts on the bays but why should they when you have people who love being treated like dogs and expect it and never stick up for themselves
They deserve everything they get and if I owned a company all you would get is a bendy chair and a hole in the ground to ■■■■ in

What’s your suggestion for change?

ezydriver:

nightline:

What’s your suggestion for change?

US gun laws?

nightline:

All brought about by truck drivers…

toonsy:
DHL Bicester. Crap yard, crap attitude from staff there. Bunch of clowns. I hope they’re serious about me being banned so I never have to set foot in the [zb] hole again.

They do the same to us, and we’re the same company and collecting their stock to deliver it for them. It is a hell hole frankly. And it’s always best to go in the gate spin it round at the top of the yard and reverse down, unless there are a number of empty bays down the bottom to allow space to turn it around.

You can just turn it round if there are trailers both parked and on bays but it’s tight to do so.

The yard surface is also horrid especially when wet or icy, anything more than a snails pace hooking it round will have the unit and or trailer sliding.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

The small companys or farms are normally best. Done a few ikea stores… staff really nice. The ikea peterborough rdc is a good one too have good craic with security

The worst recently was lidl runcorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rambo19:

nightline:

All brought about by truck drivers…

Or you could just drop the trailer on the bay pull forward a few inches like they have you do at asda Washington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I add

1 places where all the staff forklift drivers all.go for there break/ dinner at the same time instead of having staggered breaks.

2 places that are open untill 5 you get there at 4 sorry no deliveres after 4 we need an hour to wash our hands get ready for home time

Most persimmon building sites for me! If there’s decent space to park, offload and turn around it’s usually by chance as they never seem to realise all the materials have to be delivered by large vehicles that need space to do all the above.

The Range at Thorne for me. I’ve only been the once but as I was doing a pallet line type job the 3 consignments of about 6 pallets in total I had for them were at different times; 1230, 1600 and 1630.
I rocked up to the gate at 12 to be told by security there’s no chance they will tip all 3. So they unloaded the 1230 then fobbed me off to sit on the industrial estate for the next 4 hours, then I waited on a bay for 3 hours.
It was a joy

Best RDC ive ever tipped at is Morrisons Kettering. Friendly staff. Lots of parking areas. Straight in on a bay or quickly tipped under canopy. Paperwork done in good time. They should send the staff from Morrisons Northwich there to see how its done. They are the complete opposite, sometimes taking hours to check your load and do paperwork!!

Horrible yards include Bannisters at Bradford in the Princes site. The Princes part is great, the Bannisters bays are so tight you can barely open your door when on the bay.

Logicare in Normanton, Basically a scrap yard with a tiny trail you can just about drive an artic through to get to the one working bay in the building!!

Nisa Scunthorpe, for having the most unfriendly goods in clerks in the UK!

Swordsy:
Logicare in Normanton, Basically a scrap yard with a tiny trail you can just about drive an artic through to get to the one working bay in the building

I forgot about logicare! Surely the worst place to store biscuits, the place is actually a dump

Swordsy:
Best RDC ive ever tipped at is Morrisons Kettering. Friendly staff. Lots of parking areas. Straight in on a bay or quickly tipped under canopy. Paperwork done in good time. They should send the staff from Morrisons Northwich there to see how its done. They are the complete opposite, sometimes taking hours to check your load and do paperwork!!

Horrible yards include Bannisters at Bradford in the Princes site. The Princes part is great, the Bannisters bays are so tight you can barely open your door when on the bay.

Logicare in Normanton, Basically a scrap yard with a tiny trail you can just about drive an artic through to get to the one working bay in the building!!

I’ve also visited Princes. Managed to get lost after gatehouse bod sent me to the wrong place :imp: . Had to reverse for about half a mile back up a road barely wide enough for an artic after following it to a dead end. :confused: :blush:

Plus, getting to the raw materials bay is SUPER tight. You have to negotiate a hairpin 90 degree bend on a steep slope.

Worst if your a tanker driver is Stepan Stalybridge dreadful people

Best Molson Coors Tadcaster

Swordsy:

Is it still the sour faced old harridan on the goods in desk?
The one who ignores you even after 15 minutes standing there?

I think they’ve cloned her into a male version. They are both vile.

One of the best places to load is CT Transport at knottingley they load glass on behalf of ALLIED GLASS
quick and fast very rare your in there long they don’t mess about ,the foreman is a bit prickly at times but hes good with dealing problems and he doesn’t suffer fools they always try to get you sorted.

Cod Blenders Dalton ffs

ramone:
Cod Blenders Dalton ffs

Totally agree, the guy tells you where to park then tells you to move because you’re in the way.

An old friend RIP did what we all wanted to do ,stood at window waited 10mins ignored walked back to his motor and went to drive out but security wouldn’t let him go.He phoned traffic office and told them what he did and they agreed to see what happens.Anyway andy told security he stood at window for 10mins ,they saw him ignored him so he reconned they didn’t want the load so he was taking it back to the yard. Security asked him to wait a wee while as he phoned office up to see what was to happen . Well short ,version ,andys boss asked him to go back to goods in window and when he got there a new face was in the background watching what was happening ,he got a door straight away unloaded extra quick .don’t know the long term fallout,but he stood up to the arshls .