Best places to deliver to/collect from

We know there are plenty of dives, but what about the good places to load/tip?

I’ll kick it off with Princes Bradford…9/10 your load and paperwork is ready to go for your booking time, the forkies chuck it all on faster than you can move the curtains and if you can be on your way inside 30 minutes some days. Absolute dream of a place.

I delivered a couple of heavy cartons (I think they may have been kitchen cabinets), to Mrs B Hardy at 27 Eastern Avenue, Coventry CV4 5DF. She was very friendly and even offered me a cup of tea. I declined as I was worried that my lorry was partially blocking the road.

All my other deliveries were to complete ■■■■■■■■■.

Princes Cardiff are pretty decent for same reasons as initial post.

DS Smith at Pontefract rarely give you any grief, generally in and out!

Classic cars to older Italian chaps in various parts of Italy, you’ve never met them & yet they treat you like family, from a bottle of wine to a meal on them in a restaurant. Cracking.

Anand sweets on Harehills Road, Leeds. Delivered a new sweet making machine and had to faff about with the tail lift and a pump truck. Mr Anand helped and Mrs Anand kept offering me cold drinks…I ended up with a bag of fresh samosas to take away for my troubles. Happy days for a tubby like me :smiley:

Macks,Paddock wood.

Good group of people who help you out,not like most office people these days.

I find with the exception of Lidl, most Scots drops are ace. They don’t give 2 hoots about booking times, they tend to want the gear you’re bringing, and you off their premises double quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always found co op Avonmouth were very good, almost always straight on a bay and started tipping quick and paperwork back signed " unchecked" in fact several times only just managed a 15 whilst tipping a full chilled load .

Our yard as I load myself.

I can confirm Mrs Hardy is a pleasure to deliver to.

Very friendly and polite and most accommodating whilst I was struggling to get an odd shaped package through her rusty back doors. She had a can of WD40 on hand which sorted out the issue.

Every where else is OK as I’m quite a friendly chap.

You never disappoint, do you, Dipper Dave.
Sapper

The lead/battery plant Enthovens at Darley Dale,great bunch of lads very friendly,and a beautiful part of the world,the little bit of camberwick green(older drivers will remember this) at the bottom of the lane youve got to go through is a bit of a pain,but look forward to going there everytime :smiley:

Another vote for Princess/Ceva at Bradford, never been more than an hour in/out,and thats usually because ive had half hour break. Another one ive always found good is Bookers at Haydock,never a worry about if its 3hrs early or late. Morrison`s Kettering another in/out quick job. Do drive nights though and places seem a lot more relaxed.

I’ve found Amazon depots to be quite good for spot-on timings and fast tips/loads. Around 75% of the time I’m on schedule. Free coffee at most of them, clean, and backdoor tips with plenty of young Romanian ladies to look at. I’m always happy when I get Amazon depots.

Edit: I’ve been to Princes Bradford once, and was in and out in about an hour. I can confirm the forkies are quicker than you. So much so, that I was getting beeped at for taking too long around the other side of my trailer.

Princes at Ibrox. Had the wrong reference, the bloke in the office sorted it while the fork lifts loaded me (as they knew what I wanted) and I was out in 25 mins. Even got an apology for taking so long :open_mouth: :laughing:

Pallex at Ellistown is ok if you’re just tipping a day trunk and then going. Always in and out in 20 mins.

Asda CDC.

dowahdiddyman:
Another vote for Princess/Ceva at Bradford, never been more than an hour in/out,and thats usually because ive had half hour break. Another one ive always found good is Bookers at Haydock,never a worry about if its 3hrs early or late. Morrison`s Kettering another in/out quick job. Do drive nights though and places seem a lot more relaxed.

Another vote for Princess/Ceva Bradford, they let me drop my trailer & collect it fully loaded the next morning once. [emoji106]

I only deliver to our own depots and appreciate that I’m greeted with a smile, free drinks machines and friendly staff to have a bit of banter with. However it does come with the responsibility of not smearing my own faeces up the toilet walls, so there are pro’s and con’s! :wink:

ezydriver:
I’ve found Amazon depots to be quite good for spot-on timings and fast tips/loads. Around 75% of the time I’m on schedule. Free coffee at most of them, clean, and backdoor tips with plenty of young Romanian ladies to look at. I’m always happy when I get Amazon depots.

Edit: I’ve been to Princes Bradford once, and was in and out in about an hour. I can confirm the forkies are quicker than you. So much so, that I was getting beeped at for taking too long around the other side of my trailer.

Amazon are great if your making collections, bleeding terrible if your delivering stuff to their fulfillments centres. Take a full load into Rugeley and your gaffer may as well be prepared to write the whole day off.

Don’t know why more places can’t be like Princes. It’s not rocket science really, having a load & it’s paperwork ready for when the hauliers due to pick it up. :open_mouth: