Worst Company to deliver to?

Hi guys, just thought I would try to get your thoughts on the worst company to deliver to?

I went to Toys R Us in Coventry yesterday with three pallets, they were 9 am deliveries, got there at 9.10 and spent 30 minutes on the gate trying to find a booking reference for then finally got to the goods in and was told I would have to wait behind two other trucks as I was 40 minutes late, Still waiting at 11.30 and now missed a 10, 10.30 and 11am timed delivery.

Asked goods in mananger if he was planning to unload me anytime soon to which the reply was “you were late in so you can wait another hour or take them away, Either way I dont give a [zb]”

So finally pulled out at nearly 12 loosing almost three hours.

Needles to say Toys R Us are not on my top ten for Christmas cards this year.

Madguy :imp:

Ocado, Hatfield.

if they don’t want it. keep it. and sell it.

limeyphil:
if they don’t want it. keep it. and sell it.

Who would really want Darth Vader speaking clocks■■? maybe thats why they wouldnt unload it?

Madguy :imp:

bald bloke:
Ocado, Hatfield.

I went to Ocado Monday morning bang on time finally got tipped Tuesday morning :imp:

Tescos at Crick win the award for me. We were so sick of having five or six rigids with one pallet each being held up for four hours that we collated the load onto one trailer.

So I turned up in an artic at 8.45 with a load of groupage. About sixteen pallets with different booking times. First was booked in for 9.00, the rest at various times throughout the day - three for 10.00, two for 11.00 etc.

They wanted me to tip the first pallet, then leave the site and come back between each pallet. Of course, this would make everything after the first one undeliverable 'cos it would be late.

They eventually saw sense - took ages and loads of phone calls - and gave me a bay, though they made me wait from 14.00 until 17.00 to tip the last one.

If you want to right the day off try tipping and reloading at Regain Polymers, Castleford, not out of the norm to be there 8 hours :open_mouth:

Dawn Meats, Cardington.

Sainsburys on the '25 are a class act as well.

They’ve got another depot near there - can’t remember where exactly - but I had a split load for each place.

So I turned up at the first one - on time - and they turned it away saying that it had to go to the other place. So I took it there and they said ‘no, it’s definitely the other one’ so back I go, only to be told ‘yes, this is the right one after all, but we’re going to refuse it 'cos it’s late.

skell790:
Tescos at Crick win the award for me. We were so sick of having five or six rigids with one pallet each being held up for four hours that we collated the load onto one trailer.

How long did it take your office to work out that this made sense :question: :smiley:

green456:

skell790:

How long did it take your office to work out that this made sense :question: :smiley:

Not long. They were pretty good actually.

I was working for Knights of Old at the time as an agency worker. I didn’t particularly want to work for them, but I managed to negotiate a good rate out of the agency so ended up doing eighteen months.

Tk maxx at whitwood. All day to tip 26plts.

I used to quite like being held up, provided I didn’t have anything else to do, plus they let me sleep in the cab and use the canteen. I was being paid by the hour and always took a good book, mind.

Not being allowed to stay in the cab is a ■■■■■■. Tescos at Purfleet don’t allow that.

All reasons why i do bulk tipper work!

Gotta be Lefarge at ferry bridge for back hauls empty bays and complete a holes smirking when they walk past you to a truck that has just turned up :imp: :imp:

bald bloke:

bald bloke:
Ocado, Hatfield.

I went to Ocado Monday morning bang on time finally got tipped Tuesday morning :imp:

Never had a problem there used to tip at 2000hrs every Friday was always straight onto a bay 26 pallets of Coca Cola off and out of their by 2100hrs at the latest only downside they wouldn’t tip earlier if I arrived at 1900hrs - kept you sat waiting at gatehouse

Tesco is #1, being forced to sit in a noisy drivers room for 4+ hours no matter if it’s 1 or 52 pallets, not allowed in earlier than booking time, wouldn’t be a problem if you were allowed to sit in your cab… Sainsbury is another as they are jumping onto that bandwagon too… :smiling_imp:

bald bloke:
Ocado, Hatfield.

At least you were allowed to sit in your cab while they do whatever they do… :smiley:

Pimpdaddy:
Tesco is #1, being forced to sit in a noisy drivers room for 4+ hours no matter if it’s 1 or 52 pallets, not allowed in earlier than booking time, wouldn’t be a problem if you were allowed to sit in your cab… Sainsbury is another as they are jumping onto that bandwagon too… :smiling_imp:

I asked, and it’s meant to be for safety reasons. Apparently, someone knocked the handbrake off and a pallet truck fell into the gap. Fair enough, except I offered to disconnect the red line and hand in my keys. No chance. When I pointed out - politely - that being totally knackered and needing some sleep is also a safety issue they got the hump.