Worst Company to deliver to?

skell790:

Pimpdaddy:
Tesco is #1, being forced to sit in a noisy drivers room for 4+ hours no matter if it’s 1 or 52 pallets, not allowed in earlier than booking time, wouldn’t be a problem if you were allowed to sit in your cab… Sainsbury is another as they are jumping onto that bandwagon too… :smiling_imp:

I asked, and it’s meant to be for safety reasons. Apparently, someone knocked the handbrake off and a pallet truck fell into the gap. Fair enough, except I offered to disconnect the red line and hand in my keys. No chance. When I pointed out - politely - that being totally knackered and needing some sleep is also a safety issue they got the hump.

That’s what gets on my ■■■■, this whole safety bs, how do we know it’s true & why penalise every driver as a result, it could have been anything, miscommunication, a faulty dock light etc… They’ve now gone & installed a key fob thingy which cold lock the red airline to activate, you hand in your keys, can’t see why we can’t stay in our cabs after spending money on this stupid system…

Simples, Pull the pin and drop the trailer hence me on the bunk stacking Zzzzz thats what I used to do when collecting from Arla in Leeds. They would soon give me a knock when loaded as they wanted the bay for the next trailer. Nowt worse than sitting in a drivers room listening to [zb].

BigBear

The idiots in tesco don’t let you drop the trailer, if your cab has curtains halfway or a top bunk you’re laughing… :slight_smile:

Worst place to deliver? - Elephant & Castle shopping centre, SE1.

Most unpleasant load? - Meat unfit for human consumption (Animal Bi-Product), that has just been rejected by a zoo as being “too far gone”. (Went to an RSU incinerator for ‘medical waste’)

I bet if a hospital on-site incinerator ever breaks down large, there might be runs taking the “medical waste” from one hospital to another for disposal. :confused:

We’re talking cut off body parts, removed organs, soiled dressings, etc etc. :open_mouth:

The Smell I’d describe as like granny’s mattress crossed with inhaling deeply inside a full dustbin in a heatwave! :frowning:

Limey Phils customs bonded warehouse,i was there 5 days to tip,not even an offer of a cuppa.No loo,no shower,no nothing,only got a Spearmint Rhino voucher off him.

When you’ve got chocked wheels, suzi immobiliser, downhill onto the bay, and even docking clamps like at Ardo Cold Stores, then I like to keep hold of my keys so I can keep the radio on in my cab, and light up the tacho clock so I can see how time is getting on from a horizontal position! :grimacing:

Overnight beats days hands down here, 'cos the jobsworth helmets mostly seem to work office hours, unless there’s a trainee manager on night duty who tries to look useful by being a total arse in the yard, waking up drivers, asking overnight parkups to move, and telling people waiting with a -28 load to switch their freezers off “because it’s after 11pm - on the heavily populated industrial estate!” :imp:

FFS that last one really gets my goat every time! They always get the hump when you ask them to put that order in writing! :smiling_imp:

If you’re a driver who cannot get to sleep with someone else’s freezer on, then you ain’t tired enough to sleep! :unamused:

Most unpleasant load? - Meat unfit for human consumption (Animal Bi-Product), that has just been rejected by a zoo as being “too far gone”. (Went to an RSU incinerator for ‘medical waste’)

Mine was rotting soya milk. In the middle of summer. Someone knocked the racking down at Alpro and I had to move about twenty loads of the stuff. Day one was OK, but by day five it was honking.

worst has to be Dairy Crest Nuneaton why you have to drop the trailer and pull unit away to white line and hand your keys in whats that all about?
it cant be about H&S because close couple fridge’s mean a split couple with my bad back its a real pain in the back :cry:

United wholesale ive put them in order of worst

Maxwell rd
Queenslie
Springburn
Polmadie

merc0447:
United wholesale ive put them in order of worst

Maxwell rd
Queenslie
Springburn
Polmadie

Couldn’t agree more. Polmadie is the one I do most of them all and I have to say I don’t get held up that much there. The big guy on the back door is spot on.

Maxwell Rd should be firebombed. I hate that place. Sit right at the traffic lights on the main road and wait your turn to be tipped.

Easter Queenslie, you have to contend with that squeaky voiced little person on the back door that is as slow as a week in the jail.

Springburn isn’t that bad but if you don’t know how to find your way to the back door, then it just too bad. Once you do find the way in, its full of pot holes that just about rip the sump out of your truck.

Polmadie is tame compared to the rest of them,

Madguy,

I used to love delivering to TRU in Coventry, I had got to know all the bank staff and could go in there 10 hours early if I wanted to and get empty in 20 minutes. One day two of us based at Matchbox had two bookings each, we had loads at 10.00 and 14.00, it was ony half an hour from our depot, we both went in at 06.30 got our 10.00 loads off in 15 minutes, drove back and got our 14.00 loads and they were both empty by 09.00 :laughing:
Then we went shopping in Coventry, then to the cinema, when we wnt back to our depot at 17.00 the manager told us we had done well :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

8 hours regular time, 4 hours at 1.5 and 20 quid for starting before 06.00 :laughing: :laughing:

Any morrisons RDC gets my vote.

Or lidl in enfield.

Costco Watford,all the other Costco’s we go to are spot on,it’s just that one :confused:

Amazon, Dunfermline.

BigBear:
Simples, Pull the pin and drop the trailer hence me on the bunk stacking Zzzzz thats what I used to do when collecting from Arla in Leeds. They would soon give me a knock when loaded as they wanted the bay for the next trailer. Nowt worse than sitting in a drivers room listening to [zb].

BigBear

doesnt matter you cant understand the language anyway :unamused:

Any company that is unlucky enough to have Ex Dock Employee’s on the staff (yes unlikely I know as they would soon go bust) would see me shutting the back doors and driving away.

Pimpdaddy:

bald bloke:
Ocado, Hatfield.

At least you were allowed to sit in your cab while they do whatever they do… :smiley:

Yeah for 20 hours.

Used to always get into a row at either of the BHS depots D.I.R.F.T or atherstone. Went to tip with a full load (26plts) Mattel toys and they used to unload handball, and leave the pallets on the deck and the shrinkwrap on the pallets… ! To which the same routine occured everytime i went there. I re stack the pallets throw the shrinkwrap out the back, proceed to gatehouse where an argument occurs about me needing to go back to bay so and so to collect all the rubbish i’ve left, i mention " that i brought in 26 plts of wrapped goods and i need to go and load somewhere else, and i’m not a refuse truck", it usually ends up with me being banned from site :unamused:

Batleys Salford

Batleys anywhere