Working over Christmas?

i have to book xmas off 3 years in advance. have done so for this year so ive got the whole xmas-new year break off. ironically im driving my 15tonner(covered car transporter/race lorry) up to a track-day on the 28th and back on the 30th. only time ive driven a wagon this year!

which reminds me must book the 2021 xmas break…

xmas day off. round sisters getting drunk and letting her win at monopoly (like we have done for last 40 years, monopoly thats is, not getting drunk lol )
rest days are 26/27
Oh and the same next year… if i work them though i will willingly volunteer as i get premium ot rate as not contracted days :smiley:

Harry Monk:
Just having Christmas Day and Boxing day off, and I’d work those for the right money.

Same as me, H.
You down here or up there on
Xmas day?

All my driving jobs have been linked to retail so get absolutely shafted every year :cry:

My worst was finishing at 1am christmas morning coz I was oh so busy collecting 1 pallet from an RDC back to base. Even the security guard was like “WTF are you doing here at this time, all the other drivers had departed by dinner time”.

Anyone know driver hire work do you need to use holidays to get paid for Christmas day and boxing day .

Terry T:
My worst was finishing at 1am christmas morning coz I was oh so busy collecting 1 pallet from an RDC back to base. Even the security guard was like “WTF are you doing here at this time, all the other drivers had departed by dinner time”.

It’s typically the limpers who get shafted and end up being the last one back

Working right through, including Christmas Day

Working 24th, off Christmas Day (booked as Holiday otherwise can be asked to work) back to normal shifts on Boxing day including New Years eve, and Day. All for normal pay no bonus. No Holidays allowed in December other than Christmas Day. Who said Scrooge was dead? :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:

Xmas day :open_mouth:
What you delivering on Xmas day■■?

Spare a thought for the guys working Xmas night getting the papers out for Boxing Day.
I did it for TNT some years back on a shift rota first year I was schedule to work,I thought next year Im off, WRONG it was a leap year and spent another Xmas night sitting in Wapping along with two New Years eves :frowning: :frowning:

We shut down 21st to 02 Jan, but in reality, there will just be a couple of people in on the Friday and the first day back.

I like the break as I never take time off during the year, but then again, not religious, no family, just me and the dogs mooching about fighting over the turkey, so it wouldn’t bother me working Xmas day!

4 on 4 off shift the 25th his my first day back at work and also 26th 27th 28th fantastic :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yorkshire terrier:

OVLOV JAY:

Xmas day :open_mouth:
What you delivering on Xmas day■■?

Doing the papers in the evening

Im of for nearly 6 weeks, wouldnt mind working if we had to though, but we dont.

poleman:
Working 24th, off Christmas Day (booked as Holiday otherwise can be asked to work) back to normal shifts on Boxing day including New Years eve, and Day. All for normal pay no bonus. No Holidays allowed in December other than Christmas Day. Who said Scrooge was dead? :laughing:

Sack that!!! [emoji57]

nomiS36:

poleman:

Sack that!!! [emoji57]

Yes too right,that’s just ridiculous how fpdo you have to book a Xmas day off it’s a bank holiday

You guys that have families and want time off at Christmas need to seriously be looking at jobs connected to the construction game. Generally they are Monday to Friday, all bank hols off and a decent shut down period over Christmas.
For those that don’t and just want to earn loads, fair play, crack on.
Everybody has differing priorities in life.

Unfortunately people expect to go shopping for food over Xmas, so I’ll be working nights, Xmas eve, Boxing Day, 27th and 28th. Off for 3 days then back to normal 5/3 on 1/1/19
Oh joy…
I do get Xmas day off

nomiS36:
You guys that have families and want time off at Christmas need to seriously be looking at jobs connected to the construction game. Generally they are Monday to Friday, all bank hols off and a decent shut down period over Christmas.
For those that don’t and just want to earn loads, fair play, crack on.
Everybody has differing priorities in life.

Not all constructions off rail job goes mad,up in Aberdeen till 21st Reading Xmas n boxing day,billericay 29th,rates are bit crap this year only bout £800 + hotel a shift,fair bit of milag£ though,!
'01 was £120 hr