Working over Christmas

I know this makes me a hard nosed b**trd boss, but I have got 6 of my drivers working over Xmas -actually from Xmas eve 4pm through to about 2pm on Boxing Day as we will be moving two concrete bridges from a site in Southern France into Italy.

Who else is working over these days?

Small crumb of comfort is that there will be some of their wives/kids coming along in our ■■■■■■ vehicles and I have arranged for a few beers and food on Boxing Day night!!

We work every day including Christmas because it’s rail work,the only plus point is the biiig money :slight_smile: :smiley:

EDTRUCK:
I know this makes me a hard nosed b**trd boss, but I have got 6 of my drivers working over Xmas -actually from Xmas eve 4pm through to about 2pm on Boxing Day as we will be moving two concrete bridges from a site in Southern France into Italy.

Small crumb of comfort is that there will be some of their wives/kids coming along in our ■■■■■■ vehicles and I have arranged for a few beers and food on Boxing Day night!!

Not really as you’re letting family tag along

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am on the road over Christmas i looked at the money and could not say no.

WheelsofCardiff:
Am on the road over Christmas i looked at the money and could not say no.

There is more to life than money sometimes though. Family life is as important imo.

Ken.

EDTRUCK:
To motivate my drivers I will be holding some of their wives/kids hostage in our ■■■■■■ vehicles, to ensure that they don’t throw a sickie and the job gets done.

FTFY :wink:

There are lots of people who don’t celebrate Christmas, no reason for them not doing a normal days work.

Our rotas make no special exemption for Christmas, if you’re down to work you work. Luckily for me I’m off by chance, working Christmas eve then 3 days off. All very normal for milk transport, the cows don’t have a day odd so neither do we. We food transport boys are heroes, heroes I tells ya. You’d all be dead without us.

switchlogic:
Our rotas make no special exemption for Christmas, if you’re down to work you work. Luckily for me I’m off by chance, working Christmas eve then 3 days off. All very normal for milk transport, the cows don’t have a day odd so neither do we. We food transport boys are heroes, heroes I tells ya. You’d all be dead without us.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I know our local filling station will be closed judging by the amount of cars queuing to buy fuel today, what’s with them? The shops are shut for 24 hours [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My rota this year is today, 24th, 25th, and 26th on shift. But the 25th is always a paid holiday, and I’ve had the 24th “enforced” (that was the word used in the text message) on me as holiday. So just working today and 26th. Oh, and new year’s eve, which I’m more peeved about, as I don’t celebrate christmas.

Wheel Nut:
I know our local filling station will be closed judging by the amount of cars queuing to buy fuel today, what’s with them? The shops are shut for 24 hours [emoji3]

When you have young kids i think you have to prepare for everything that could go wrong it happens to us all
When you get older with kids grown up it’s not so much a panic

I drive tanker for a certain water company. If on rosta have to work saving everyone from drowning in ■■■. :open_mouth:

Is it too much to ask to have just two days off a year for everyone for non-critical stuff? Personally I see companies that do this as run by money grabbing ■■■■■■■■■ and the fact you think you’re being generous by letting them have their wives and kids spend their Xmas jammed into the seats in ■■■■■■ vans and buying them a beer when I’m sure they’d rather be at home seeing the rest of their family as well just solidifies my opinion of you as a deluded money grabbing ■■■■■■■

EDTRUCK:

Much of this heavy construction stuff has to be moved at holiday times, so I suppose it goes with the territory.
I reckon for some of the kids it will be a great Christmas, something completely different to tell their mates at school and your average teenager probably won’t notice, provided they have internet access. :laughing:

Hopefully you’ll post some pictures on here of the job, sounds like a goodun. :wink:

Bigtruck3:

Wheel Nut:

When you have young kids i think you have to prepare for everything that could go wrong it happens to us all

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
wrong.
these people are no more than lemmings.
jeremy kyle,facebook,twitter type cannon fodder sheep buying because everyone else is panic buying so they follow on like the brain deads that they are.
there will be plenty of places open on xmas day nowadays as the majority if such outlets dont celebrate xmas as do a lot of their customers.
these outlets are generally a direct reflection of how much of the surrounding populace are imports.

Conor:
Is it too much to ask to have just two days off a year for everyone for non-critical stuff? Personally I see companies that do this as run by money grabbing [zb] and the fact you think you’re being generous by letting them have their wives and kids spend their Xmas jammed into the seats in ■■■■■■ vans and buying them a beer when I’m sure they’d rather be at home seeing the rest of their family as well just solidifies my opinion of you as a deluded money grabbing [zb].

Guess you don’t agree with working at Christmas :laughing: Personally I’m not bothered and I don’t mind in the slightest working boxing day. If The money was very high I would work Christmas day.

dieseldog999:

Bigtruck3:

Wheel Nut:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
wrong.
these people are no more than lemmings.
jeremy kyle,facebook,twitter type cannon fodder sheep buying because everyone else is panic buying so they follow on like the brain deads that they are.
there will be plenty of places open on xmas day nowadays as the majority if such outlets dont celebrate xmas as do a lot of their customers.
these outlets are generally a direct reflection of how much of the surrounding populace are imports.

You could be describing a few situations on here sounds like it

Conor:
Is it too much to ask to have just two days off a year for everyone for non-critical stuff? Personally I see companies that do this as run by money grabbing [zb] and the fact you think you’re being generous by letting them have their wives and kids spend their Xmas jammed into the seats in ■■■■■■ vans and buying them a beer when I’m sure they’d rather be at home seeing the rest of their family as well just solidifies my opinion of you as a deluded money grabbing [zb].

Let me think, spend time with an insufferable arrogant bore of a relation or spend time “cooped up” in an ■■■■■■ vehicle?

Yep thought about it, know where I’d rather be.
And that’s before you add on travelling through some of the most stunning scenery in Europe at arguably the time of year where you’ll see it at its most spectacular. :smiley:

Conor:

For those of us without families, christmas can be a very difficult time. Personally I would jump at the chance to work it and get the ■■■■ away from all the fake, enforced, happy family ■■■■■■■■ that we’re incessantly being force fed at this time of year. In fact, I’d almost be tempted to work for free just for the sense of normality.