windows 10

Just having a little play with windows 10. got it set up on laptop,seems ok. bit different tho.

I read that Windows 8 users will be able to get it as a free upgrade, says a lot about windows 8 :wink:

gezt:
Just having a little play with windows 10. got it set up on laptop,seems ok. bit different tho.

in what way …

I thought win 8 was really for the tap screen sort of use originally
took a while to work around it

you get start button back as well as apps,start button has list like it used to do on 7.
more stuff about but havn’t got there yet.

gezt:
you get start button back as well as apps,start button has list like it used to do on 7.
more stuff about but havn’t got there yet.

ooh …
What you got new lappy :question: :question:

No mate,old lappy but downloaded beta/trial call it what you will windows 10

Windows 7 users also get a free upgrade :smiley:

Drift:
I read that Windows 8 users will be able to get it as a free upgrade, says a lot about windows 8 :wink:

7 Users too. They’ve been promoing through hotmail/outlook.

I have had this in it’s BETA form for a while now and it is far far better than W8, but I would advise giving at a few weeks to settle down before upgrading, especially if you have W7 which is a stable program. According to Microsoft this is going to be the last new platform for Windows as they will just keep patching W10 into the future, so one day everyone will be running it unless they move over to Mac or something like Linux

If anyone has windows 8, I would have recommended an upgrade to 8.1…which is now automatic anyway.

But as mentioned already, 7 & 8 users automatically get an upgrade to 10. its supposed the the don. will have the ability to sync with the xbox one as well :smiley:

Windows 10 available to download from tomorrow. Can’t wait to get rid of crappy 8.

I tried the free upgrade from 7 to 10 and have now gone back to 7 because 10 had so much stuff I will never use and more importantly for me it cannot use IE 11

The browser that came with it was crap IMO and lost much of the stuff I use on IE 11

You use IE ? and you prefer it ?!?

Old people :unamused:

I use Firefox, I love this new Windows 10. No more stupid things appearing on the screen if you swipe the touch pad in the wrong way, I can even find folders now without hunting them out. It’s more like and updated win7 :sunglasses:

ROG:
I tried the free upgrade from 7 to 10 and have now gone back to 7 because 10 had so much stuff I will never use and more importantly for me it cannot use IE 11

The browser that came with it was crap IMO and lost much of the stuff I use on IE 11

If you had Internet Explorer 11 installed before the upgrade it should be there after the upgrade, I use Firefox mostly but I’ve just tried IE 11 and it worked, you just have to type internet explorer in the search box :wink:

As far as MS Edge being crap is concerned, at the moment I agree, I’d say it has the makings of a decent browser but without extensions I can’t use it much, we’ll have to wait until later in the year when Edge will have extensions, though even then it will depend on what the extension developers do.

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on Thursday, although like when learning any new operating system it’s a little frustrating I think it could be a good OS, the upgrade has been a little buggy for me and I nearly returned to Windows 7 yesterday when I found I couldn’t send emails from outlook but I managed to fix that, now if I can find a cure for sick task-bar jump-lists I’ll be happy :smiley:

The juries still out but I think Windows 10 could be a good operating system, I’m not a big fan of those bloody coloured rectangles they call live tiles in the start menu but I can live with it, and who knows I may even learn to like them when I’ve sorted them out properly.

IE 11 will not work with windows 10 - at least I tried all ways I could think of and could not get it to = it said it was incompatable with windows 10

ROG:
IE 11 will not work with windows 10 - at least I tried all ways I could think of and could not get it to = it said it was incompatable with windows 10

I don’t usually use IE but I’ve just opened it enabled a couple of toolbars and posted this reply with Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10 Home (Desktop PC).

Seems to work OK.

IE 11 on Win 10.PNG

I tried on my lappy but no joy - after uploading W10 it had gone and when I tried to download it from MS it said not compatible

On my desktop IE had gone from the task-bar and start menu after the upgrade but a search brought it up, I can’t see why it would be different on a laptop.

You could always use Firefox or Chrome which are both better browsers than IE.

tachograph:
On my desktop IE had gone from the task-bar and start menu after the upgrade but a search brought it up, I can’t see why it would be different on a laptop.

You could always use Firefox or Chrome which are both better browsers than IE.

I did a search and could not find the previous IE 11 on my lappy which is why I tried unsuccessfully to download it

Oh well, I am happier going back to W7 and IE 11