WINDOWS 8

Anyone know if you can reformat a WINDOWS 8 laptop with WINDOWS 7?
I have a reasonably new DELL with w8 and I hate the darn thing. I would like w7 back.
:cry: :cry:

I feel your pain, I bought a new laptop a couple of months ago, got a right good deal (I was delivering to the store) I got a 50% discount and spent the same as I would with no discount, ended up with a top notch HD jobbie. Used it twice so far and I [zb]ing hate the â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  :cry:

i bought one when the old laptop went wrong , hate the â– â– â– â–  thing so much I had the old one repaired and use it ! . rarely use the new one its just too complicated for a luddite :frowning: the grandkids manage it ok though

The short answer is yes you can, assuming you have a copy of Windows 7 you can install on it.

Colingl:
The short answer is yes you can, assuming you have a copy of Windows 7 you can install on it.

that’s the answer I was looking for. many thanks

You could try this first pcworld.com/article/2109735/ … alike.html

5mile:

Colingl:

that’s the answer I was looking for. many thanks

I didn’t say it would be easy. :wink: :grimacing:

Melchett:
You could try this first pcworld.com/article/2109735/ … alike.html

I will try this, I hate windows 8 with a passion

I’ve upgraded 3 computers now from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Unless you have a touch screen laptop, windows 8 is pointless.
Although, you may want to consider waiting for the reviews for WIndows 10 when it comes out this year.

I hated Windows 8 to start with, but, with Classic Start Menu classicshell.net/, its quite bearable
Without that, I would’ve given up with it for sure :grimacing:

I get on with it fine have on. My laptop and both tablets

Clunk:
I’ve upgraded 3 computers now from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Unless you have a touch screen laptop, windows 8 is pointless.
Although, you may want to consider waiting for the reviews for WIndows 10 when it comes out this year.

Got me Macbook. Have enough from Microsoft.

store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/mac