Wide load waiting area on the a1

Nite Owl:
The big sign that says “wide load holding area” gave away that it was a wide load holding area.

So why did you park there?

I couldn’t use any of the laybyes because theyve gone. The services were all full except the pumps and I’m not going to stop on them for 30 minutes.
The a1 was effectively a big car park and I’d used more time than I expected and wouldn’t have made it to ferrybridge which was my plan. The big open unused space was my only option. I expected the copper to sign my tacho and move me on, you know, build a rapport with the public but they insisted on criminalizing someone who made a mistake. No wonder they dont have the support of the public.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. You knew you were going where there was a chance parking was going to be sparse and that there was a chance you were going to be held up because 99% of the time its a car park on that stretch Monday to Friday so why didn’t you stop earlier?

You are supposedly a professional driver, one above a car driver who I’d expect to make those kinds of blunders. The copper did absolutely right and he most certainly has my support and the support of everyone who has ever had to carry a wide load and found themselves unable to stop where they’re supposed to because of incompetents like yourself.

Conor:
Good. Anyone who parks in a wide load area is an utter knob if they’re not carrying an abnormal load. They should do the same in the wide load parking areas in motorway services as well. And it isn’t the only place on the A1 to stop for a break unless you’re a ■■■■■■ incapable of planning ahead. As you say its just before the M62 so literally a few minutes up the road you have a service area to use and you’ve already passed one 5 minutes or so before.

Quarter of a century of truck driving and I’ve never got any fine or penalty, not even a parking ticket. If you get one you’ve only yourself to blame. I think of it as a tax on stupidity.

And as your comment about robbers, muggers and thieves, thanks for highlighting you’re a thicko who is clearly unaware that the police have different officers for doing different things and they can do more than one thing at once as they’re going about their daily duties.

I’ve read a lot of your posts and quite frankly I don’t think you’re very nice,thank you.

bobbya:
I’ve read a lot of your posts and quite frankly I don’t think you’re very nice,thank you.

I call a spade a spade. If you can’t handle and are a bit of a sensitive petal it then maybe you want to consider your career in haulage because its not a place for special snowflakes who need to be wrapped up in cotton wool.

Conor:
I call a spade a spade. If you can’t handle and are a bit of a sensitive petal it then maybe you want to consider your career in haulage because its not a place for special snowflakes who need to be wrapped up in cotton wool.

That’s a little ironic Conor, given that you flounced away from here some time ago because you were offended by derogatory comments directed towards agency drivers. Remember that?

Would you get a infrigement before parking in wide load bay?
And before “I’d plan my route blah,blah” what if something had happened between the junctions and you were held up? Would that make it right?
Ferrybridge is a waste of time,as is Blyth never anywhere to park,Barnsdale bar gets four trucks and it’s full,long way to Weatherby.
I’m not saying it’s right but if you gotta stop you stop.

Olog Hai:

Conor:

That’s a little ironic Conor, given that you flounced away from here some time ago because you were offended by derogatory comments directed towards agency drivers. Remember that?

:laughing:

Went past it a few weeks ago wagons parked up and two abnormals parked at side of them blocking about four in looked they were all arguing probably the abnormal loads refusing to move.

The argument about coppers not having anything better to do , why aren’t they out catching burglars drug deals and rapists is utter rubbish . Most unplanned arrests for non motoring offences are done by traffic officers . Park in a known prohibited area and get caught and you have no reason to complain .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Couldn’t the copper just have had a word with the OP, let the OP explain his case do a printout to verify the hold ups etc, then let him go with a warning. The OP would then have left knowing not to do it again and with a better attitude towards the police.

This ticket would have been issued by South Yorkshire Police one of the most inept, incompetent and corrupt forces in the country, with a charge sheet as long as the Kray Twins,

Miners strike falsifying witness statements
Hillsborough falsifying and amending witness statements
Turning a blind eye to mass paedophilia until it was made national news by the Times
A burglary clear up rate of less than 5%

But hey clear up rate for drivers parking in an abnormal load bay 100%

I understand the need for traffic police but if police forces put as much effort into other areas of policing as they do into traffic policing the UK might be just a bit safer and the police would not be held in such low esteem by a large percentage of the population

Mazzer2:
Couldn’t the copper just have had a word with the OP, let the OP explain his case do a printout to verify the hold ups etc, then let him go with a warning. The OP would then have left knowing not to do it again and with a better attitude towards the police.

This ticket would have been issued by South Yorkshire Police one of the most inept, incompetent and corrupt forces in the country, with a charge sheet as long as the Kray Twins,

Miners strike falsifying witness statements
Hillsborough falsifying and amending witness statements
Turning a blind eye to mass paedophilia until it was made national news by the Times
A burglary clear up rate of less than 5%

Not to mention they couldn’t even be arsed to come and see me and the crime scene when some lowlife stole my M3 [emoji35]

West Yorkshire Police in this area, not South Yorkshire. South Yorkshire border is about 5 miles south.

sent using smoke signals

mick.mh2racing:
West Yorkshire Police in this area, not South Yorkshire. South Yorkshire border is about 5 miles south.

sent using smoke signals

Fair enough got stopped at Weatherby a few years back and they said south of the 62 was South Yorkshire apparently I was supposed to be thankful I was stopped at Weatherby because according to the copper who stopped me South Yorkshire Police show no leniency

I haven’t a lot of time for any of them.

sent using smoke signals

Just driven past this area and there were half a dozen vehicles overnighting and an abnormal load parked up.

sent using smoke signals

Just passed strensham. 12 trucks, some with frillies drawn parked on the southbound exit slip. What are the rules there then? [emoji57]