Why wouldnt you drive this?

AndrewG:

taxi ray:
Have a look at the ■■■■■■ mexico, that he is also selling on ebay. What exactly is he selling?

Hes selling the chassis plate (VIN number) and V5 for someone to recreate a ‘Mexico’ from say for instance a standard 1100L model. That car will then be advertised as a genuine type 49 Mexico pulling the wool over a potential buyers eyes while making a vast profit. Its illegal and ebay have thier own restrictions on this type of thing, surprised they havent already pulled the ad. The V5 is the property of DVLA, he doesnt have the right to sell it…

It’s a ringing kit often used for selling stolen cars. If you’ve stolen a car (as you do) you can’t shift it on the original number plates / VIN as it will have been reported stolen, so you buy this V5 which gives the car a new “identity” so in theory no one will know it’s been stolen.

Ares:

AndrewG:

taxi ray:
Have a look at the ■■■■■■ mexico, that he is also selling on ebay. What exactly is he selling?

Hes selling the chassis plate (VIN number) and V5 for someone to recreate a ‘Mexico’ from say for instance a standard 1100L model. That car will then be advertised as a genuine type 49 Mexico pulling the wool over a potential buyers eyes while making a vast profit. Its illegal and ebay have thier own restrictions on this type of thing, surprised they havent already pulled the ad. The V5 is the property of DVLA, he doesnt have the right to sell it…

It’s a ringing kit often used for selling stolen cars. If you’ve stolen a car (as you do) you can’t shift it on the original number plates / VIN as it will have been reported stolen, so you buy this V5 which gives the car a new “identity” so in theory no one will know it’s been stolen.

Did you report the post?

Looks like a Chinese takeaway

Ares:

AndrewG:

taxi ray:

Yes youre right, a ringing kit used for stolen vehicles and transforming a poverty spec car into a more desirable one. This guy is obviously dishonest as a seller and has already been mentioned above makes you wonder also about the Scanny…

Seeing as we’re on the subject, I’d rather have that

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/1974-RS1600-BDA … nav=SEARCH

I don’t like anything that looks like it’s crashed into CDC’s warehouse. A normal everyday truck with a few tasteful additions are much better

Nobby_Clarke:
Seeing as we’re on the subject, I’d rather have that

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/1974-RS1600-BDA … nav=SEARCH

I don’t like anything that looks like it’s crashed into CDC’s warehouse. A normal everyday truck with a few tasteful additions are much better

Most likely reshelled during its life though if it was a genuine original 74 rally car. Theres no mention of it in the description being an original RS or some sort of recreation. Would need close inspection by an expert i think before bunging out that sort of money…

Is this supposed to be a serious post ? It’s a truck, if your boss wants you to drive it for pay, you drive it for pay. If you buy it you need your head looking at :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

rob22888:
I’d have that cab & engine, but with a factory paint job & interior.

Looks tacky.

You stick with FMJ Rob B. :wink:

Good detective skills Lee :wink:

Pat Hasler:
Is this supposed to be a serious post ? It’s a truck, if your boss wants you to drive it for pay, you drive it for pay. If you buy it you need your head looking at :laughing:

No truer word.

On the subject of fannies in scannies, what’s this one done to his turbo ? some sort of dump valve?
it be a right laugh for a mornin, but imagine being stuck with that racket all week.

To be fair, I love a quality fancy truck. But then I liked fancy looking 747s (national air cargo had the blingest). And I really do dig some of the Scanias (not the brand brand new one). I also really have a thing for the older style big Volvos before the current shape.

I don’t actually look at a nice motor and think a fanny in a Scanny. I think “that does look pretty cool”. My misses has even said the same (she is nothing to do with lorries, she’s an air hostess). Only if by my book it does look the nuts, and it’s a fine line. I look at the motors such as the one in diesel dogs eBay advert and they do look - as someone said - that its been sprayed with rdc nasty shallow aluminium plate crap (it’s not real chrome plating on cheap crap). It looks like a big fat equivalent of a cheapo ford capri effort from some wide boy. No class. Plus very childishly to me it’s missing an axle, I really don’t like 4 wheeler units.

For me it’s a fine line. I’ve said it before but Thornburns and Geoff Gilbert’s got it perfect in my opinion. I’ve seen some bloody gorgeous R520 Scanias in a deep deep slightly metallic burgundy colour. It must be a popular choice. They did have a few additions, alloys, maybe a Kelsa and some lights. This is unpopular but I actually like the rear facing red light strips around the cab fairings, especially on tankers. Another stunning looking wagon I saw was a Scania tanker from William Gilder I think it was.

Yes yes, this isn’t about pay. We’re talking pure taste here.

Edit. I see the bids on the “flying forehead tat wagon” are up to 50k!! For an 07 plate???Reserve not met apparantly :laughing: :unamused: :question: . Money really is no accounting for taste is it? On a positive note, I see in the description the seller “will post to the United Kingdom”. That’ll be a few stamps.

Peculiar: clicked on DD`s link and saw Scanny. So, I wondered what is the going rate for similar without all the stuff hanging off it?
A search of “Scania 620 sold” reveals … drum roll… eBay item number:322398859767

Bluey Circles:

Pat Hasler:
Is this supposed to be a serious post ? It’s a truck, if your boss wants you to drive it for pay, you drive it for pay. If you buy it you need your head looking at [emoji38]

No truer word.

On the subject of fannies in scannies, what’s this one done to his turbo ? some sort of dump valve?
it be a right laugh for a mornin, but imagine being stuck with that racket all week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVOq4Q_NNHg

Sounds like a washing machine full of nuts and bolts ffs. Nothing like the delightful rumble a Scania V8 should make, I also can’t be doing with those silly old fashioned steering wheels.

newmercman:
Sounds like a washing machine full of nuts and bolts ffs. Nothing like the delightful rumble a Scania V8 should make, I also can’t be doing with those silly old fashioned steering wheels.

Apparently it`s “Old Skool”.
The big steering wheels are cleverly designed to give modern drivers an opportunity to sample an “Old Skool” bad back and "Old Skool"aching shoulders from an “Old Skool” bad driving position.

Bluey Circles:

Pat Hasler:

No truer word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVOq4Q_NNHg

Its a straight through open exhaust and having no silencer that sound is the turbo spooling down through the gear changes when he lifts off the throttle, Its more likely also got a non restricted air filter which also enhances the racket. Personally i like the sound of it but agree with you after a while it would get on my ■■■■… :grimacing:

They need to tilt it forwards to get the true old school horizontal feel, maybe then they’d be able to see around the ridiculous curtains too.

newmercman:
They need to tilt it forwards to get the true old school horizontal feel, maybe then they’d be able to see around the ridiculous curtains too.

Tbh i never noticed the curtains first time round, may as well have them pulled over the window completely and be done with it…

AndrewG:

newmercman:

Tbh i never noticed the curtains first time round, may as well have them pulled over the window completely and be done with it…

Curtains are probably there to cover up the interior mirror. You know the round one.
ebay.co.uk/itm/261768892837? … Track=true

Bird Brains.

The list of stuff I don’t like just keep getting longer. Murals/tribute paint jobs, kelsa type bars all over the place (I can cope with a top bar) lights in random non symmetrical positions, silly steering wheels, them mirrors on the back wall, curtains half way over the windows, pelmets, dashboard tables, velvet interiors, super badges, illuminated headboards (possibly the most ridiculous thing ever on a Globetrotter, when it covers the factory fitted illuminated headboard)

newmercman:
The list of stuff I don’t like just keep getting longer. Murals/tribute paint jobs, kelsa type bars all over the place (I can cope with a top bar) lights in random non symmetrical positions, silly steering wheels, them mirrors on the back wall, curtains half way over the windows, pelmets, dashboard tables, velvet interiors, super badges, illuminated headboards (possibly the most ridiculous thing ever on a Globetrotter, when it covers the factory fitted illuminated headboard)

For myself I kinda “get” wanting to individualise a truck a bit. Paint, lights etc, maybe want I want isnt want anyone else wants, but no harm there. I dont “get” making changes that make a truck worse though:
Big steering wheel to give you a bad driving position, leaving out an air filter so its noisier, no. Noisy exhausts? I like the organic rumble of a V8, but open pipes are police magnets. And noise gets wearing after a few hours, a continuous noise from your truck is different than someone elses truck exhaust fading as it disappears into the distance. No thank you. Fancy curtains? Sure, if you want, but keep em out of sight lines. Big light boards to increase air resistance and so fuel use, that are also a dirt trap? Dont get that at all.

Like you, I like to look at a nice lorry, but I also like the less is more look.

Any of these put a tick in the box.