Why wouldnt you drive this?

Appearance wise the 2nd one (dark blue Volvo) is the best. But none too practical for my purposes. Anything under the bumper will get wiped out by ferry ramps and rough farm tracks, any lights on the roof are subject to attack from over-hanging trees. The last one may offer some protection against large animals but who wants to clean road salt off it? Not me thanks. I read a nice comment in a classic car mag about chrome wire wheels along the lines: they`re nice looking, so long as you have a chauffeur to polish them for you.

Would be okay till you went to a Turdsco dc, and had to forsake that lovely cab for their cattle pen :imp: :imp:

AndrewG:

Bluey Circles:

Pat Hasler:
Is this supposed to be a serious post ? It’s a truck, if your boss wants you to drive it for pay, you drive it for pay. If you buy it you need your head looking at :laughing:

No truer word.

On the subject of fannies in scannies, what’s this one done to his turbo ? some sort of dump valve?
it be a right laugh for a mornin, but imagine being stuck with that racket all week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVOq4Q_NNHg

Its a straight through open exhaust and having no silencer that sound is the turbo spooling down through the gear changes when he lifts off the throttle, Its more likely also got a non restricted air filter which also enhances the racket. Personally i like the sound of it but agree with you after a while it would get on my ■■■■… :grimacing:

OK, so the OTT turbo noise could well be from making the air intake unrestrictive and the noise not being muffled by the air filter? I wasn’t sure if some form of ‘dump valve’ may have been fitted (TBH, not really sure waht a dump valve is other than some boy racers have cars that sound as if they are suffering from hay fever)

[/quote]
Its a straight through open exhaust and having no silencer that sound is the turbo spooling down through the gear changes when he lifts off the throttle, Its more likely also got a non restricted air filter which also enhances the racket. Personally i like the sound of it but agree with you after a while it would get on my ■■■■… :grimacing:
[/quote]
OK, so the OTT turbo noise could well be from making the air intake unrestrictive and the noise not being muffled by the air filter? I wasn’t sure if some form of ‘dump valve’ may have been fitted (TBH, not really sure waht a dump valve is other than some boy racers have cars that sound as if they are suffering from hay fever)
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
best saving your money,sit in your basic fleet spec dungheap,and in your spare time,count up all the cash you saved by imitating this dude… :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Bet9jmfdHU&t=82s

If I was broken down, and had to double man with him to get home, I reckon I`d get my walking boots on.

Looking at the listing it says 20% VAT to be added for the final sale price…is that normal?

xichrisxi:
Looking at the listing it says 20% VAT to be added for the final sale price…is that normal?

yes, if you are vat registered than you must charge vat, and if the sellar is in the haulage game then he will almost certainly be VAT registered, but if you are buying a wagon like that then you will almost certainly be vat registered yourself and can claim it all back.

You have to be VAT registered if your turn over is greater than 84K, and even if your turn over is less than you can voluntarily be vat regd. unless you are doing something like household removals then there is not much point in not being vat regd.

Luckily for me, I get PAID to smoke around in a V8 :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:

How’s the brogue coming on?

the nodding donkey:

eagerbeaver:

How’s the brogue coming on?

:laughing: Like most things I do mate, in my own time. With a decent coffee.

Bit to OTT for my liking’s, I’m with newmercman on preferring less is more when it come to customising a truck.

As well as the OTT decor the other thing that would annoy me is the clutter, like the remote, air fresheners and water bottle left out and the rag not put properly in the door bin. Think I might have a few OCD tendencies. :blush: :laughing:

But the one thing that does strike me is what you could do (maybe not what he did) with cab living space with an extra metre of cab length.

Whoever drives that thing is going to pay for it by being on minimum wage. It’s a 10 year old motor with nearly 1 million kms on the clock, and bidding is currently up to 50 grand. In most circumstances such a motor would just about be heading for Africa. Madness.

Ad says 2007 DVLA status check says 2009 and white
Registration number: YX56 MYH
✓ Taxed
Tax due: 01 March 2017
MOT
No details held by DVLA

SCANIA
Date of first registration
September 2009
Year of manufacture
Cylinder capacity (cc)
16000 cc
CO₂Emissions
0 g/km
Fuel type
DIESEL
Export marker
No
Vehicle status
Taxed and due
Vehicle colour
WHITE
Vehicle type approval
N3
Wheelplan
2 AXLE + 3 AXLE ARTIC
Revenue weight
40000kg

i wonder if the dude that owns it knows that he has entered trucknet celebrity status now and that he is under scrutiny by TNCSI… :slight_smile:

muckles:
Bit to OTT for my liking’s, I’m with newmercman on preferring less is more when it come to customising a truck.

As well as the OTT decor the other thing that would annoy me is the clutter, like the remote, air fresheners and water bottle left out and the rag not put properly in the door bin. Think I might have a few OCD tendencies. :blush: [emoji38]

But the one thing that does strike me is what you could do (maybe not what he did) with cab living space with an extra metre of cab length.

The extra space is lovely, I’ve got similar room in mine, a nice wide bed, a fridge on one side and a wardrobe on the other side, both with cupboards/drawers above. I also have roads big enough to accommodate the extra wheelbase required and I can still put max length trailers. It does make life on the road more pleasant.

newmercman:

muckles:

As well as the OTT decor the other thing that would annoy me is the clutter, like the remote, air fresheners and water bottle left out and the rag not put properly in the door bin. Think I might have a few OCD tendencies. :blush: [emoji38]

The extra space is lovely, I’ve got similar room in mine, a nice wide bed, a fridge on one side and a wardrobe on the other side, both with cupboards/drawers above. I also have roads big enough to accommodate the extra wheelbase required and I can still put max length trailers. It does make life on the road more pleasant.

Yea ok you show off, :laughing:

But in seriousness, would an extra metre on the overall cab length be that difficult to accommodate in Europe?

The only extra length you’ll get in Europe is the one that shafts you lol.

I think cab layout changes would make more sense, existing cab structures could be used, with no loss of maneuverability and payload.

The cab could be a living area with seating, a table and storage etc and then fold down or drop down from the ceiling bunks could be deployed when you need 40 winks.

blue estate:
✓ Taxed
MOT
No details held by DVLA

SCANIA
September 2009
Year of manufacture
Cylinder capacity (cc)
16000 cc
CO₂Emissions
0 g/km
Fuel type
DIESEL
Export marker
No
Vehicle status
Taxed and due
Vehicle colour
WHITE
Vehicle type approval
N3
Wheelplan
2 AXLE + 3 AXLE ARTIC
Revenue weight
40000kg

Probably import in 2009.
No truck shows MOT history, as the HGV MOT history is held by the DVSA and not by the DVLA.
Wouldn’t,want it for free, a million clicks is nothing for these Scania’s and they do still big money (especially tag lift 3 axles)
Not a lover of Scania, and while I had a few (85 Super (the only original super) 110, 111, 141, 112 and 112 blue cab, 142 and 143) and while in left hand drive the zitting position is slightly better.
They give me pain in my back and hips, the movement is wrong, it has a more forward and backward movement instead of up and down.
Brakes are not exciting and this big cab screams constant to every police man and VOSA man, please pull me over.

caledoniandream:

blue estate:
✓ Taxed
MOT
No details held by DVLA

SCANIA
September 2009
Year of manufacture
Cylinder capacity (cc)
16000 cc
CO₂Emissions
0 g/km
Fuel type
DIESEL
Export marker
No
Vehicle status
Taxed and due
Vehicle colour
WHITE
Vehicle type approval
N3
Wheelplan
2 AXLE + 3 AXLE ARTIC
Revenue weight
40000kg

Probably import in 2009.
No truck shows MOT history, as the HGV MOT history is held by the DVSA and not by the DVLA.
Wouldn’t,want it for free, a million clicks is nothing for these Scania’s and they do still big money (especially tag lift 3 axles)
Not a lover of Scania, and while I had a few (85 Super (the only original super) 110, 111, 141, 112 and 112 blue cab, 142 and 143) and while in left hand drive the zitting position is slightly better.
They give me pain in my back and hips, the movement is wrong, it has a more forward and backward movement instead of up and down.
Brakes are not exciting and this big cab screams constant to every police man and VOSA man, please pull me over.

The original owner had a spot of bother with c&e and there were a couple of new trucks that went into hiding for a while maybe this explains the missing years

That white and green 143 is superb :sunglasses: . Exactly the thing i do with my trucks, kept clean and simple, one light bar, side deflectors, Durabrite Alcoas, less is definetly more…