Why don't drivers talk to each other anymore?

I’m a good listener and like to hear what others have to say but I rarely start conversations just for the sake of it. Over the years, I have learned to spot the ones to avoid and come out with a phrase in Russian to deter them.
“Lev Yashin Brezhnev Rebrov Schevchenko”
Which roughly translates to,
“Old goalkeeper big eyebrowed leader half decent strike partnership “

■■■■ the phone. I ring the missus and thats it, if im in a cafe/stop its left in the truck. The conversacion in most french /spanish stops is far too entertaining to worry about face ache/candy spaf ect… :smiley:

I like to go in…shut my eyes…till someone says : Hi drive, are you tired …ha ha …its normally me who tries to strike a conversation.being the friendly type…once they hear my accent, they dont seem interested, north south divide and all that…its not my fault i`m on twice the money… :smiley: :smiley:

toby1234abc:
They dont speak in Rdc waiting rooms or at cafes or truckstops, years ago, you would have old school " Good ole boy " , who would have you in tears of laughter .
These characters have sadly died, replaced with brain dead yes men, who drive wearing a stupid hi viz .
As said in another thread, if you eat at the French Rouitiers, you muck in, the French will speak to any foreigners.
The conversation is loud and buzzing.
Pass the wine , Comrades.

■■■■ of to France then!

harrawaffa:
Because the majority of them are the same as they are on here. Grumpy old men who hate the job, hate the decisions they’ve made in life and are just going through the motions till they die.

:laughing: :laughing: that did make me chuckle , waiting to die :laughing:

toby1234abc:
They dont speak in Rdc waiting rooms or at cafes or truckstops, years ago, you would have old school " Good ole boy " , who would have you in tears of laughter .
These characters have sadly died, replaced with brain dead yes men, who drive wearing a stupid hi viz .
As said in another thread, if you eat at the French Rouitiers, you muck in, the French will speak to any foreigners.
The conversation is loud and buzzing.
Pass the wine , Comrades.

being serious they do , my phone doesn’t stop all day with mates ringing up , I think that’s what most do , strike up friendships , and even when you don’t work together there still your mates , even the planner moans he can’t get me as my phone is always engaged
as for drivers I don’t know ill always say morning / ok as I would if I passed someone in the street , that’s what my generation did and I’ll just continue as I believe it’s the way you should be
it does make me laugh though , this thread , what are all the ones on here doing , moaning about drivers moaning :laughing: :laughing:

peirre:

robroy:
It wasn’t me… seriously ! :laughing: :laughing: :smiley:

Well I was hoping it was EB, then he could’ve gone out and got the coffees

Only if we meet up at Chester services mate…

I don’t talk to other drivers because if I wanted to hear from an 4rsehole, I would ■■■■ instead.

eagerbeaver:
I don’t talk to other drivers because if I wanted to hear from an 4rsehole, I would ■■■■ instead.

What about a fanny do you like to hear from them.I like having a bit of banter in a rdc or truckstop makes it more fun.

Colin_scottish:

eagerbeaver:

What about a fanny do you like to hear from them.I like having a bit of banter in a rdc or truckstop makes it more fun.

Fortunately don’t visit either anymore mate. Own account jobby delivering products to our own branches :wink:

Couldn’t do another day visiting RDC’s & listening to complete and utter ■■■■■■■■, whilst sat on a stinking ■■■■-stained 20 yr old sofa, or a plastic chair from a 1970’s Tomorrow’s world set :unamused:

Colin_scottish:

eagerbeaver:

Yeah Colin people will certainly get a laugh at your sense of humour. :unamused:

Terry T:
I was at an Amazon last week and had a Stobfart driver talking to me non stop. He even subjected to me to his cops chalking his truck off and demanding the 2 bays either side were left unused story.

It was 3am and I was too tired and too polite to tell him what a moron I thought he was.

Two or 3 weeks ago exactly the same thing happened to me at an Amazon, around 2am, by a moth-eaten Stobarts tramper heating his shepherds pie in the microwave - perhaps it was the same bloke. He started the conversation off by pointing at some overweight Romanian bloke, and saying he was having a baby. Then, pointing at another EE on the phone next to me, he pointed, saying it was rude that they all blathered away in their own language. I thought “oh ■■■■, here we go”.

In 1 hour I knew his, his wife’s, and his daughter’s full names, what cars they all drove, how much was paid for them, their registration plates, what serious illnesses his family members have, how much he paid for his house, his dog’s name, how much he earns, what his shift pattern is, where he lives, that his mum had died, and like you say, the story about calling VOSA and getting chalked off for 9 hours. It went on, and on, and on, and on, and I began gripping my chair, and in the end I had to say I was gonna go and pop my head around the back of my trailer to see if I’m tipped. And I disappeared for 5 mins. He wouldn’t be able to tell you one thing about me, because I said almost nothing. He just spoke at me, on and on. When my bay number was eventually called, I gave him a thumbs up and said “see you later mate”, he looked up, and just looked right through me, didn’t say a word.

Dr Damon:

Colin_scottish:

eagerbeaver:

Yeah Colin people will certainly get a laugh at your sense of humour. :unamused:

Ok Doctor could you please point out the part that was ment to be funny because i can’t.

mrginge:
I’m blame the fact that most drivers seem to only ask what money you get paid even if your company is know where near where they live so they ain’t asking about jobs, just being nosey.

I even had that at the F1 in Monza, the sun is out, the cars are practicing and an Eddie Stobart drivers first remark after hello was “how much do you guys get?”.

Are jobs we’re not even similar, he moves tyres and parks up compared to when I arrive spending a day with a crane and two days in total building something, so surely he can assume I’m getting more then him and talk about getting sun burnt and waiting for the first beer instead.

Still doing the johnnie walker work mate…?

Colin_scottish:

Dr Damon:

Colin_scottish:

eagerbeaver:

Ok Doctor could you please point out the part that was ment to be funny because i can’t.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
it cant be scottish humour as i cant ever see anything funny about his/their posts either…but it looks like we are troll feeding once again… :cry:

SouthEastCashew:
Still doing the johnnie walker work mate…?

Yeah we are getting ourselves ready for another season :sunglasses: can’t wait.

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
it cant be scottish humour as i cant ever see anything funny about his/their posts either…but it looks like we are troll feeding once again… :cry:

You are hilarious, I love it when you try to be serious though, that always puts a smile on my face. Keep it up as your making others happy. Terrible as a poster but yet amusing to read. I honestly do not know how someone could be so daft with just one head. :smiley:

Colin_scottish:

Dr Damon:

Colin_scottish:

eagerbeaver:

You weren’t MENT 2.Nothing was funny. :unamused:

I talk to other like minded drivers, despite what the permamiserable on here say, the camaraderie and banter still goes strong in certain circles.

The other types I pretty much ignore, usually because they’re boring and talk a lot of pish. Or they smell horrendous.

A.

Adonis.:
I talk to other like minded drivers, despite what the permamiserable on here say, the camaraderie and banter still goes strong in certain circles.

The other types I pretty much ignore, usually because they’re boring and talk a lot of pish. Or they smell horrendous.

A.

I am sure that this certain circle you speak of would resemble a scene from one flew over the cuckoos nest.