Clicky drivers that dont speak

You know the ones,you try to make a conversation and get ignored,it is some sort of hierachy going on with the long term servers at the top and in favour with the managers for the best work,newest truck,and home early on friday mornings with the shortest runs,the new ones get the running around and rubbish jobs to do.

I thought you where the TOP JOBBY at your company Toby?? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Some drivers are cliquey and some arn’t,the same as there will always be drivers who think that someone else has the cream but when it’s given to them the cream has gone sour.
I tend not bother with them or lose sleep over it to be honest.

Same here mate,i used to go in all waving and dancing,now i dont bother to make the effort to be all smiley to them,they hang out in a group with selective conversation that stops when someone gets too near to listen in,it is like being at school.

All the years I have been driving and managing, I have had to deal with the blokes who will always complain that they are getting a raw deal and someone else gets the cream. If they get a new truck then it hasn’t got enough light bars, or it hasn’t got a CD player and Fred’s got one. There will always be something to moan about. If Fred does more nights out then that’s favouritism; If moaner does then it’s not fair.

The way I see it is that what matters is - Am I happy with what I am doing? What anyone else is doing or driving has NO impact on me - what matters is what I am doing and what I am driving and where I am going.

Where I work most of the drivers speak … Polish and I don’t understand a bloody word of it :frowning:

Some are ‘clickey’ some have a feeling that a newcomer is a threat to their job security, untill you eventually get to know them.
Other guys may be just plain shy, I know from my own experience when new drivers or a group of drivers arrive I tend to clam up.

Santa:
The way I see it is that what matters is - Am I happy with what I am doing? What anyone else is doing or driving has NO impact on me - what matters is what I am doing and what I am driving and where I am going.

Hear bloody hear. Never a truer word(s) typed.

Completely agree. If you’re happy in your own work and safe in the knowledge that you’re not being taken advantage of, why concern yourself with other peoples business?

Thats the trouble ,too many bloody drivers are too interested in what others are doing instead of just getting on with there own jobs.
in my experience the drivers that get ignored or think they are being snubbed are the ones that constantly whinge day in day out and people get fed up with hearing it,some of ours moan about just about everything,if they get just 3 drops and a 6 hour day ,they want a 2 drop day that will only take 5 hours ,gets on your ■■■■ in the end.

I just spent 2 years watching the arse kissers getting the cream, whilst I spent most of it delivering animal feed, galvanised ducting,general c-rap, whilst the ■■■ lickers sunned themselves in Spain /Italy/Portugal.
I only got those when they returned from theirs and had the days off.
So Yes…There ARE clicky drivers. Forget that ■■■■■■. :imp:

Santa:

^This, many, many times this.

:smiling_imp:

I never even realised there was other people around, I thought they only existed on forums…

Ahh, well, never mind. I know my planner’s a ■■■■ and a 2yr old in diapers could do a better job, and all RDC’s are full of bullshitters, but didn’t realise any were actual humans.

:smiling_imp:

toby1234abc:
the long term servers at the top and in favour with the managers for the best work,newest truck,and home early on friday mornings with the shortest runs,the new ones get the running around and rubbish jobs to do.

Why should the newest drivers automatically get the new lorries and best jobs? What happened to working your way up? It goes on where I’ve worked (lorries at least); I started on the oldest, it was going to be taken off the road but was patched up so I could get used to driving and no worries if I knocked it. I then went onto 2 other motors before getting a new one after nearly 4 years. ok I’ve still got it 7 years on but I’m in the running for a new one if you listen to the others… :confused:

bigvern1:
I just spent 2 years watching the arse kissers getting the cream, whilst I spent most of it delivering animal feed, galvanised ducting,general c-rap, whilst the ■■■ lickers sunned themselves in Spain /Italy/Portugal.
So Yes…There ARE clicky drivers. Forget that ■■■■■■. :imp:

To much anger in your posts, must feel badly treated by the whole world. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Relax the world is a cauliflower, nobody is against you, nobody hurdles together to go against you.
Just relax, be happy and your heart will last a lot longer :unamused: :unamused: :grimacing:

I used to be all chatty to everyone and soon learned there are just some odd or ignorant twits around,the way i work now is i treat you the way you treat me,if you are a decent enough person i will pass the time of day and have the odd chat,if you are a wierdo odd ball or ignorant being then i will ignore you and treat you the same,i find the latter is arite with you when they want something,i was recently asked to take a later space in the que for the truck wash on a friday afternoon by a tramer who is known to blatently be rude and ignorant,tells you to work it out if asked for directions,looks at you if you have 10 heads if you met him on road and waved,so my response was were all busy and looking home,your fault you are a tramper not mine,so i took extra long washing my truck.Most people get along in our place in some way or another,some people are there longer and some know eachother better and some make an effort for the sake of passing time,at the end of the day we all are there for the same reason=a cheque on friday,id rather sit at home all day and still get paid on friday,but i cant so we might as well make it as painless and as much fun as we can together.

So Yes…There ARE clicky drivers. Forget that ■■■■■■.

Those “arsekissers” probably got the company to the point where they had the cream work, and now getting a little payback, two years only means you havent been sacked for being a twonk yet…

while in logistics etc everything has changed and your only a number, there are still enough companies out there that value reputation.

I spent a number of years in the crap trucks, doing the crap loads , without moaning or whining until I worked my way up to being one of the blue eyed boys… every Sunday a South Wales run tip reload and back up for late Monday, collect my second man and turn around with a long load, best money earners on the firm.

Then because I had a reputation for grafting, I got a start on the heavy haulage, but started at the bottom with the worst truck on the fleet, didnt see an abnormal load for months when I first started but was moving around the jacks, and mats for the moves,. But I kept my gob shut and got on with it…

Within a year I was on a a STGO cat 3 150 tonne doing the job I wanted, within another year I was doing the same all over Europe

I moved from there to doing crane ballast, I didnt even have an interview for the job, its a small world and they knew i would work

I then went on wagon and drags throughout Europe , when that firm closed down i got a phone call from mate… who had heard the company had closed down and did I want a start on a road planing company, again no interview just turned up on the Monday, got the worst truck on the fleet and off I went…

Within 12 months I was driving a T cab Scania and earning stupid money ( an amount even today would be seen by most as a ■■■■■■■■ lie)

None of that was done by arse licking or crawling, it was achieved by doing two simple things

Doing the job as best as you can
Not being a whining little girl

Those huge paying , running legal jobs with decent gear are out there, but it is a very small world to get into, It is all niche haulage where your reputation is everything. I have been asked back and been told I can go back anytime… some folks will never get the opportunity to even see it…

This isnt an I am better than you post, its a stop the whining and show you can do the job without crying about it post… the clique is out there, and the only way in is to prove you deserve to be in it… no such thing as a free lunch my old mate.

</ ends rant>

Rikki-UK:

So Yes…There ARE clicky drivers. Forget that ■■■■■■.

Those “arsekissers” probably got the company to the point where they had the cream work, and now getting a little payback, two years only means you havent been sacked for being a twonk yet…

while in logistics etc everything has changed and your only a number, there are still enough companies out there that value reputation.

I spent a number of years in the crap trucks, doing the crap loads , without moaning or whining until I worked my way up to being one of the blue eyed boys… every Sunday a South Wales run tip reload and back up for late Monday, collect my second man and turn around with a long load, best money earners on the firm.

Then because I had a reputation for grafting, I got a start on the heavy haulage, but started at the bottom with the worst truck on the fleet, didnt see an abnormal load for months when I first started but was moving around the jacks, and mats for the moves,. But I kept my gob shut and got on with it…

Within a year I was on a a STGO cat 3 150 tonne doing the job I wanted, within another year I was doing the same all over Europe

I moved from there to doing crane ballast, I didnt even have an interview for the job, its a small world and they knew i would work

I then went on wagon and drags throughout Europe , when that firm closed down i got a phone call from mate… who had heard the company had closed down and did I want a start on a road planing company, again no interview just turned up on the Monday, got the worst truck on the fleet and off I went…

Within 12 months I was driving a T cab Scania and earning stupid money ( an amount even today would be seen by most as a [zb] lie)

None of that was done by arse licking or crawling, it was achieved by doing two simple things

Doing the job as best as you can
Not being a whining little girl

Those huge paying , running legal jobs with decent gear are out there, but it is a very small world to get into, It is all niche haulage where your reputation is everything. I have been asked back and been told I can go back anytime… some folks will never get the opportunity to even see it…

This isnt an I am better than you post, its a stop the whining and show you can do the job without crying about it post… the clique is out there, and the only way in is to prove you deserve to be in it… no such thing as a free lunch my old mate.

</ ends rant>

Could not agree more Rikki.

Very similar circumstances to me both in the oil field, and in haulage.

Never out of work unless I want to be.

The only difference is I kinda prefer an older lorry, as i’m kinda a clatty git and hate washing the thing. :laughing:

The only difference is I kinda prefer an older lorry, as i’m kinda a clatty git and hate washing the thing.

I do believe that you at one time was on the tippers, for a certain company and regularly worked with the road planers when we was around the Essex area

and therefore know it may have been a T cab Chromed scania, but it rarely got washed :grimacing: :grimacing: you will also remember I was a terrible banksman :slight_smile:

Rikki-UK:

The only difference is I kinda prefer an older lorry, as i’m kinda a clatty git and hate washing the thing.

I do believe that you at one time was on the tippers, for a certain company and regularly worked with the road planers when we was around the Essex area

and therefore know it may have been a T cab Chromed scania, but it rarely got washed :grimacing: :grimacing: you will also remember I was a terrible banksman :slight_smile:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: small bloody world geezer.

I still do a lot of work for them on road works during the summer. :slight_smile:

good bunch of lads to do the night shift with, when we did the A12 Colchester bypass it was a nightmare job, all concrete to be ripped up, the planer was doing a set of picks every couple hundred yards and your boss couldn’t sell the planings for love nor money no-one earnt anything out of that job but we all just sucked it up… one of those things

A couple weeks later we did the roundabouts outside Harwich, soft as ■■■ tarmac and top grade planings, the Planer went through it all like a hot knife through butter, your boss got top grade planings to sell on, we all finished early whole job took under two hours and got paid the full shift.
Swings and roundabouts,

Lovely for us once Lafarge stopped insisting we used their own banksmen, we used to get a shift payment for delivering the machine to site, then a shift payment for being banksman at £100 a shift - double bubble :grimacing: thats not bad money back then ( and not now ) on a good day you get two jobs in a day, one in the morning then take your break then a night shift. every now and then you could squeeze in three :wink: That was the beauty of being on the planing rather than the black, as you had to finish at a certain time, no matter how much the machine had planed as they had to lay the black and let it go off before opening the road…

good money then, Big Al is still on delivering the planers and doing banksman, 8 years later, and I know what he is earning, probably in a week what many here earn in a month. But to get those jobs… read above, Its a small world as you said ironstipper and reputation is everything once you get that far up the earning tree.