Who else starts C+E training Tomorrow 30th

blue estate:
Day 2 , REVERSING , My instructor broke it down in to bits
1st Got me to drive forward to end and just back up backwards for a couple times till I was comfortable.
2nd Got me to put the units nose on r/h line with trailer pointing to B cone and backing back in to bay for a couple of times .
3rd Got me to drive up to A cone and do the whole reverse till I got I right
For the last hour we went out and got some diesel as a Rigid needed to use reversing area , so I got better turning right at roundabouts
More reversing tomorrow then out for an hour or so

Our 2nd day today comprised of a run out this morning on another test route after daily checks.
Back to the yard and done another 4 reverses each.
Out for another run then back this afternoon for another 2 reverses each then uncouple / couple

Same again tomorrow. Without sounding cocky, we’ve both got the reverse in the bag. Just need to keep practising now to reinforce it.

Our instructor is a hard taskmaster and isn’t scared to give you hell when you need it but he knows his stuff :slight_smile:

rabb:

blue estate:
Day 2 , REVERSING , My instructor broke it down in to bits
1st Got me to drive forward to end and just back up backwards for a couple times till I was comfortable.
2nd Got me to put the units nose on r/h line with trailer pointing to B cone and backing back in to bay for a couple of times .
3rd Got me to drive up to A cone and do the whole reverse till I got I right
For the last hour we went out and got some diesel as a Rigid needed to use reversing area , so I got better turning right at roundabouts
More reversing tomorrow then out for an hour or so

Our 2nd day today comprised of a run out this morning on another test route after daily checks.
Back to the yard and done another 4 reverses each.
Out for another run then back this afternoon for another 2 reverses each then uncouple / couple

Same again tomorrow. Without sounding cocky, we’ve both got the reverse in the bag. Just need to keep practising now to reinforce it.

Our instructor is a hard taskmaster and isn’t scared to give you hell when you need it but he knows his stuff :slight_smile:

Same here on reverse , would have done more reversing but had to move off area so went for a drive

All I’ve done today is reverse reverse reverse and 2 uncoupling’s
So reverse is nailed , made harder to day as the Hi ab engineer was servicing their Hiab truck and I had to watch for a leg that was out

ROG:

rabb:
Me and my fellow learner

blue estate:
ive got instructor all to my self

This could be an interesting thread on the thoughts you folks have on differences between 1 to 1 or 2 to 1 training

I did my class 2 in 2:1 training. Admittedly the vehicle was a pig with a ropey gearbox.

I found it OK mostly but boring when your Sat not driving, but it probably helped being able to watch what the other trainee was doing wrong.

I think we both got out fair share of driving time, but had one struggled more with reversing or driving issue then it could end up with one getting more time behind the wheel.

I didn’t mind doing 2:1 if I’m honest although I do think it can make you more nervous as you have someone else watching you drive and make mistakes.

I did my C+E with PSTT on 1:1 and enjoyed the instruction being solely for me. I found it a lot easier as the instructors time is devoted to you. It also means you can be less nervous.

If I had my choice again it would always be 1:1.

Having said that I passed both first time. A few minors on my C and a clean sheet on my C+E.

Day 4
spent 3 hours out driving , mostly good but took eye off the ball twice and made rookie mistakes :blush:
Instructor says there’s no reason why I shouldn’t pass , but until the examiner hands me that blue certificate with pass on it , I’m just a learner
So roll on 2pm Friday as my test :smiley:
May be Beaver will stop nagging me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck pal

blue estate:
Day 4
spent 3 hours out driving , mostly good but took eye off the ball twice and made rookie mistakes :blush:
Instructor says there’s no reason why I shouldn’t pass , but until the examiner hands me that blue certificate with pass on it , I’m just a learner

Good stuff mate. I have my test at 10:30am tomorrow.

Reverse is in the bag and I’ll be doing an open coupling as it’s a bit tight in there for my timber :slight_smile:

Two good solid drives along test routes today as well. It’s all down to me now on the day!

rabb:

blue estate:
Day 4

Good stuff mate. I have my test at 10:30am tomorrow.

Reverse is in the bag and I’ll be doing an open coupling as it’s a bit tight in there for my timber :slight_smile:

Two good solid drives along test routes today as well. It’s all down to me now on the day!

Good luck lets make Rog busy with the well done emojis

blue estate:
Day 4

I’m 2pm tomorrow also! Hope Glasgow traffic is kind lol

Vernon1987:

blue estate:
Day 4

I’m 2pm tomorrow also! Hope Glasgow traffic is kind lol

:laughing: Same with Eastleigh and Southampton , as we’ll both be on the road at school run time :imp:

Good luck all!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Good luck all!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete :smiley:

It’s the junctions that i hate lol especially when getting tested as you need to wait until it’s absolutely clear. I’m sure once you get your license you’ll just cut them up haha!

Vernon1987:
It’s the junctions that i hate lol especially when getting tested as you need to wait until it’s absolutely clear. I’m sure once you get your license you’ll just cut them up haha!

Be careful doing that if you drive a truck that has the company’s name and head office phone number on it! That was the advice I was given. Even if they don’t call these days you will probably end up on Facebook or you tube

It was just a laugh. I wouldn’t like to loose my license or job anytime soon!

Todays the day @2pm test time :smiley: it’s all now up to me not to clip kerbs or pull out on anyone or kill the cones on reverse

Good luck,keep a calm head and put everything you have learnt into practise. Have a good drive and a pass result.

Look forward to hearing good news.

YAY!!!

I done it, C+E in the bag and only 2 minors :slight_smile:

CV updated now and on the hunt for my 1st class 1 gig :slight_smile:

Good luck to the rest of those sitting their test today.

Well done [emoji3]
45mins to mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue estate:
Well done [emoji3]
45mins to mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best of luck mate. Keep the head and smash it out the park :slight_smile: