Which to choose......

tipperlad:
Not all tipper firma force you to drive like an idiot, the company I work for do the very opposite…we get a job, do it, pull up safely and ring in for our next, never get questions about how long it took or when will we be finished our lunch break etc…
Get on with a good company, trust me there’s plenty of bad ones and it’s a good crack, no more than 10 hours a day, home at night, very few work weekends now so only 5 days a week. I wouldn’t do anything else.
Your choice of course…

That does sound like a nice job, I bet it’s nowhere near London though :neutral_face:

I was going to go to Aldi when they opened the goldthorpe rdc in South Yorkshire but the shift patterns were too much for me with a family and social life etc,I don’t mind weekends but prefer to start early and all starts were from 9am and pm starts and the thought of going to work on a Saturday afternoon when all my family etc is off work and school is not good,
If I could find a supermarket doing 4 on 4 off 4am starts 10hr max shifts I’d love it but all seem to want pm starts

truckertart:

dieseldog999:

truckertart:
Like I said. Don’t judge about what you think you know. Your assuming all plobber jobs as you call them are the same. Seeing as I’m a qualified plobber I can tell you that they’re not. I’m happy with my choice as I have done my share of crap jobs. I earn good money. I live 10mins from the depot. There’s plenty of time off. We are not pushed. Having a limited truck to 56mph is irrelevant as that’s a law I have no power over. We are paid by the hour so no rushing around with the job and knock mindset. We don’t have to worry about sleeping in [zb] laybys or MSA’s. Best of all we don’t have any pointy shoe planners.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[emoji38]

So what’s your job of choice? Enlighten me in the ways of the Irish ideal job.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
im not irish.
i dont live in ireland.
i live in northern ireland. :slight_smile:

truckertart:

dieseldog999:

truckertart:
Like I said. Don’t judge about what you think you know. Your assuming all plobber jobs as you call them are the same. Seeing as I’m a qualified plobber I can tell you that they’re not. I’m happy with my choice as I have done my share of crap jobs. I earn good money. I live 10mins from the depot. There’s plenty of time off. We are not pushed. Having a limited truck to 56mph is irrelevant as that’s a law I have no power over. We are paid by the hour so no rushing around with the job and knock mindset. We don’t have to worry about sleeping in [zb] laybys or MSA’s. Best of all we don’t have any pointy shoe planners.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[emoji38]

Going across Europe in a high specced lorry with minimal planning (tip at A before X time and load B before X time) and left alone to do the job however I see fit. Making more money the more I do and not having to worry about being paid by the hour or someone in an office telling me that I was too hard on the brakes last week and I’m losing my bonus.

A cut above trolley work.

[emoji38]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Going across Europe in a high specced lorry with minimal planning (tip at A before X time and load B before X time) and left alone to do the job however I see fit. Making more money the more I do and not having to worry about being paid by the hour or someone in an office telling me that I was too hard on the brakes last week and I’m losing my bonus.

[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
more or less the above.
allowing you the option to use your initiative to do your job as and how you see fit with the mutual respect between employer and driver meaning its a win win for all concerned with the advantage of having some professional pride in your occupation.
if you can do that type of work correctly then its only reasonable that the standard of your truck and wages would be a cut above the rest even allowing for whatever hours youve worked to suit yourself when away from home.

dieseldog999:

truckertart:

dieseldog999:

truckertart:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[emoji38]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
im not irish.
i dont live in ireland.
i live in northern ireland. :slight_smile:

So your in northern Ireland. You didn’t answer the question when I asked what is your ideal job. Anyone would think I was going to criticize your choice. I leave that to others.

TheUncaringCowboy:

truckertart:

dieseldog999:

truckertart:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[emoji38]

Why would I worry about being paid by the hour? I work then I get paid for what I do. Simple.
Do you think I worry about someone telling me I’ve been harsh braking? If I braked harshly it was for a damned good reason.

I used to like parking in the store car park across from the RDC.

In my truck :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:

I know. It was hilarious. [emoji3]

truckertart:

eagerbeaver:

:wink: As regards your question Di, it’s just a gentle bit of baiting.

eagerbeaver:

truckertart:

eagerbeaver:

:wink: As regards your question Di, it’s just a gentle bit of baiting.

My friend needs a bigger worm then. [emoji23][emoji23]