Which to choose......

Which is the best choice…?

Aldi, class 1, two drops, self load/ unload choice of shifts, days/nights etc

Class 2 Tippers, Mon to Fri, every other Saturday, no chasing around, good firm tbh!

Comments please guys n girls.

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

It would be tippers for me.

Done neither Aldi nor Tippers but have done store delivery that was self unload and it wasn’t for me. You can’t knock anything until you have tried it though, aldi may be okay hopefully someone can give you the inside story.

Aldi probably pay better.

Tippers is probably better work and more enjoyable.

What do you value more?

I’ve always fancied a go on tippers…but they seem to insist on working every other Saturday.
Which I won’t do

Divide the potential top line by the number of hours you will have to work, that will give you a mean average hourly rate, which wants to be 25% better again for nights, once you have those figures maybe the answer will be staring you in the face,

Other than the wages aspect, there is no comparison, one is tippers, one is self tip shop deliveries, and no one but you can make the choice.

Tippers

Aldi work is garbage

Mess around loading poorly stacked overweight pallets in the warehouse and chill
Drive to shops and have to fight your way through the car park to get to the loading bay which will inevitably have someones car abandoned in your maneuvering space
Tip the load yourself into an already well over filled stock room. Each pallet into a specific place as directed by shop staff i.e. if it’s chilled YOU are putting it in the fridge not them
Reload yourself with rubbish / returns / food waste - no thought by the shop staff about how they’ve stacked it or how heavy it is
Back to the RDC to self tip all the rubbish you’ve collected

The choice isn’t clear cut I’d also consider other factors:
The age of the driver
Marital status (wife, kids)
Financial status (ie: mortgage etc)
Character of the person, and what they do on they do on the down time (hobbies etc)

Tippers purely because you dont have to slow down around corners!

Tippers…

For all the reasons that harrawaffa pointed out earlier.

Thanks for the input guys…

The tippers pay about 18-20% less.
Better family time, start about 6 finish around 5pm… I swaying towards tippers at the moment, always good to get others views!!

Aldi work I.e the messing about with pallets is not a huge issue.
Gives you a break from driving and a bit of a work out.

So I guess it depends on what type of work your after.

Only thing with Aldi though is if your near London you will probably be sent their in an artic on the weekend and it ■■■■■.

Your only permitted to take certain roads and the stores are often located in the busiest parts of London and when you get there you gotta try and blindside a 45ft trailer into a car park from a major a-road while contending with pedestrians, cyclists and car drivers all trying to squeeze past you.

Or work for the coop there answer is often just to drive straight in unload and then just reverse out onto a main without a banksman or camera completely blind. :unamused:

That’s starting to make me think adam 277 !!

This forum has so much info to pass on…

Tippers are 4 tips a day, not paid per load so no need to race!!

pbc453:

That must be the only tipper company in the country that doesn’t require you to rush everywhere. Suspect the H&S might be a bit extreme at times plus you have to deal with builders who make “we’ve had bigger than that” into an extreme competition.

If i were doing ALDI I would do nights as no cars in car parks. Done COOP so similar and not fun when they are open sometimes. Dont forget with ALDI all the loading bays are blindside reverse according to a recent thread. Not so bad at night.

pbc453:

Could get boring very quick on turnaround at the same place every day.

If your working from the RDC at Atherstone, all the trailers are loaded for you now, not sure about the other Aldi sites

mr bluecity:
If your working from the RDC at Atherstone, all the trailers are loaded for you now, not sure about the other Aldi sites

Be working out of Sittingbourne

Hi pbc453. I’m an Aldi driver at the Bolton depot. I can’t give you any advice about tippers but I can fill you in about some of the Aldi ways.
Our depot do not self load as a rule and we do 3 shops a day on a normal day. Occasionally when we have spare drivers they work in the warehouse and load all day if it’s quiet or may go out on an overspill run that you load yourself if it’s a busy day.
At stores there are electric trucks to unload with so no heavy pushing and pulling. Everything is palletised so no heavy cages. Every store you are told where the stuff goes if you don’t already know and you are left to get on with it.
Not all car parks are blindside reverses. Some are service yards. Yes sometimes the car parks test your patience and driving skills and invariably you do get the odd damage done. Stores that either have no time curfews or are impossible to get into during the day due to car parks are done at night.
Bolton depot is deemed to be very efficient the way our deliveries are planned etc. Other depots are looking at the way we work to maybe change from self load 2 stores a day to preloaded 3 stores a day.
Bolton depot day drivers will be on £14 hour imminently due to a pay rise. Nights over £16. Sittingbourne will be on more as it’s a southern depot.
We work 5 on 3 off. Not sure what rota Sittingbourne follow. So you will be working a lot of weekends. More than tippers.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nice post that Truckertart.

Having worked for Kwik Save in the past, the above sounds quite a decent way to work and a sensible wage to boot… :sunglasses:

Juddian:
Nice post that Truckertart.

Having worked for Kwik Save in the past, the above sounds quite a decent way to work and a sensible wage to boot… :sunglasses:

Thanks Juddian. Wanted to give the facts as Aldi and other supermarket work isn’t for everyone and gets plenty of negative press.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Truckertart, if you are employed directly by Aldi, which I assuming you are, do you get a staff discount ? Serious question, as it could be worth a bit to some people.