where to start

Pete S:
Wales tests are cancelled for AIRC 3 weeks from Christmas Eve. No-one knows about Tier 4 but I expect info on Monday. As soon as there is correct info I’ll post it.

Edit: this has been issued by DVSA gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus … tent=daily

I have also received a further email indicating that discussions are taking place around what action will be taken about driving and theory tests in other parts of the country. I’ll update as soon as I can.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

I got an email saying my CPC theory test has been cancelled and I rebooked it for the 15th of January :frowning: :unamused:

This Lockdown is killing me .
I left my job in October hoping I get my HGV licence and start making money but we’ve been in lockdown all this time , thank god I passed my theory test in December so whenever the lockdown ends I will be ready to do my practice , I have a LTD compnay for my dog walking business which has been dead since February making no money at all .
I applied for jobs as van driver and just got a call from Asda, they gave me a job and starting tomorrow , thank god for that , I am so happy and thankful .

hopefully by summertime I will be driving trucks , fingers crossed , these are difficult times for everyone , no point in complaining , we just need to do our best .

Hopefully things will open up at Easter

ROG:
Hopefully things will open up at Easter

I really hope something happens by then I have or I guess had my resit booked in for the 1st Feb but I am going it’s a very safe bet that it will be cancelled now, Easter seems a long way off [emoji20]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I’ve got my CPC case study theory test tomorrow , wish me luck.
little bit annoyed because of the long wait and also because initially I booked it for the 22nd of December which was just one or two days after they announced the lockdown , I studied a lot for it and was very confident to pass but now I have forgotten everything , I booked this test only Wednesday and been studying but feel a bit stressed I might not have given myself enough time to pass .
we shall see .

passed my CPC case study test today , now just waiting for Wallace to come back to me with dates for my CPC practice and driving lessons and tests .

Nick911:
passed my CPC case study test today , now just waiting for Wallace to come back to me with dates for my CPC practice and driving lessons and tests .

Well done, one more off the list since training kicked off again today they will be in touch soon

Finally received a phone call from Wallace just 30 minutes ago .

my CPC demonstration lesson has been booked for this coming Thursday 29th April at 7 am and test on the same day at 9:30 am :smiley:

And my class 2 practice lessons will start on the 4th of May , 5 days of practice and test on the 6th day on the 11th of May :sunglasses:

So happy right now , they made my weekend , let’s hope I can pass them both first time .

Nick911:
class 2 practice lessons will start on the 4th of May

Star wars day :laughing:
Is your training lorry called the Millennium falcon :question: :unamused: :wink:

ROG:

Nick911:
class 2 practice lessons will start on the 4th of May

Star wars day :laughing:
Is your training lorry called the Millennium falcon :question: :unamused: :wink:

:slight_smile:

I am just a little bit nervous because I am going to do my training and test in a manual lorry .
I booked a car driving test to convert my automatic licence to manual but that test was canceled in January and they gave me another test date for June , I really didn’t want to delay my training and test until June so I just canceled that car test and asked Wallace for training with manual lorry.

I know it’s gonna be a challenge but I am going to do my best to learn how to drive a manual lorry and use this situation to my advantage and after I pass my test I will definitely mention in my CV that I am comfortable driving manual lorries .

and after I pass my class 2 I will have a manual licence so I can do my class 1 with an automatic to make things easier for myself .

Nick911:
I am just a little bit nervous because I am going to do my training and test in a manual lorry .
I booked a car driving test to convert my automatic licence to manual but that test was canceled in January and they gave me another test date for June , I really didn’t want to delay my training and test until June so I just canceled that car test and asked Wallace for training with manual lorry.

I know it’s gonna be a challenge but I am going to do my best to learn how to drive a manual lorry and use this situation to my advantage and after I pass my test I will definitely mention in my CV that I am comfortable driving manual lorries .

and after I pass my class 2 I will have a manual licence so I can do my class 1 with an automatic to make things easier for myself .

I think you might be the first member on this site to get your manual this way

One advantage is that the clutch on a commercial is a little more forgiving than the clutch in a car

… probably, in recent years. When I started training (50 years ago in 1971), it was not uncommon to train drivers with no car experience at all. These were often bus conductors who were faced with redundancy or learning to drive a bus. I trained more of these than I care to remember.

And the same with artics. First lesson started “down there, you’ll see 3 pedals”.

Folks struggle to believe this now. But this practice was perfectly legal until the end of 1996.

any tips for CPC demonstration test would be highly appreciated .

Thanks

Pete S:

… probably, in recent years. When I started training (50 years ago in 1971), it was not uncommon to train drivers with no car experience at all. These were often bus conductors who were faced with redundancy or learning to drive a bus. I trained more of these than I care to remember.

And the same with artics. First lesson started “down there, you’ll see 3 pedals”.

Folks struggle to believe this now. But this practice was perfectly legal until the end of 1996.

that makes me feel better , thanks Pete .
oh god I will have a big head on my shoulders if I pass my test first time with a manual

Nick911:
any tips for CPC demonstration test would be highly appreciated .

Thanks

There is a mod4 video contained within the link in my signature below

thanks .
passed my Module 4 CPC demonstration test as well , my examiner was Neil Wallace himself , what a lovely gentleman and so impressive to see he’s so passionate about his work even at this age he’s still working .

now all the boring parts are out of the way and I can just focus on the driving starting on Tuesday .

Hello guys

Just to give you an update , today I completed two days of training on a manual lorry which has a four over four gearbox .

As expected the manual gearbox makes life very difficult .

The positives are that I have no problem with the reversing exercise because of watching so many videos , I got that mastered , no problem at all and I have learned the positioning of the gears really well too , however my instructor believes that I have no problem going up the gears but I am still struggling going down the gears .

There are a few things that my instructor is worried about and I need to sort them out , the worrying issues are as follow :

1- he believes on approaching roundabouts or junctions I either slow down way too early or I leave it too late and don’t reduce the speed early enough , he is also not happy with the timing of my gear changing when I am slowing down and need to go down the gears .

2-no going fast enough and holding the traffic behind when I have the chance to progress .

3- not driving smoothly and moving the steering wheel too much and unnecessarily .

Tomorrow will be my third day of training and I am really hoping the get rid of those bad habits and get it right when it comes to roundabouts and junctions , getting a little bit frustrated but I will do all my best to pass my test on Tuesday , so I still have three more full days of training plus two hours on Tuesday before the test .

Sounds like you are doing fine, and it’s just “testy” things, your driving is fine and safe.

it’s a hard thing to decide are you going gently and safety or are you too slow, slow down in plenty of time and your holding up traffic and hesitating do it to late your not paying attention, gets easier as you go through the practice, it’s a lot easier for an instructor certainly who has been up and down those road many times in an artic etc compared to somebody eho has just jumped into a truck

I have the same things running through my head for my resit tomorrow, you can only do your best mistakes happen good luck on Tuesday!

SquireT:
Sounds like you are doing fine, and it’s just “testy” things, your driving is fine and safe.

it’s a hard thing to decide are you going gently and safety or are you too slow, slow down in plenty of time and your holding up traffic and hesitating do it to late your not paying attention, gets easier as you go through the practice, it’s a lot easier for an instructor certainly who has been up and down those road many times in an artic etc compared to somebody eho has just jumped into a truck

I have the same things running through my head for my resit tomorrow, you can only do your best mistakes happen good luck on Tuesday!

Thanks mate , appreciate your words of comfort and reassurance , good luck on your test tomorow .