Class 1. course next month

Hi everyone,
My boss just informed me I will be doing my class 1 next month.
Can anyone tell me what written tests I have to do before I start the course. I passed my class 2 test 18 months ago, so I am assuming I will have to do module 2 or 4 or both ?

Can anyone give me the heads up on what I,am facing before I start the course.

Thanks in advance for any reply’s

Abe:
Can anyone tell me what written tests I have to do before I start the course.

None! :smiley:

Practical training and test only mate…

Thanks for that. appreciated mate :slight_smile:

Class 1 is simply learning how to tow a trailer with the vehicle you’re already licensed to drive. Mind you, sometimes it’s a heck of a big trailer and a rather small lorry…

Hi all,
Just thought I would let you all know I passed. Eventually!

Failed on my reverse the first time. had a total brain ■■■■, after 20/20 on the practice week, I totally crumbled and chucked it crossing the white line etc.

anyway nailed it today and the drive and couple/un couple. perfect

cheers guys hic hic :smiley:

Well done mate

Evil8Beezle:

Abe:
Can anyone tell me what written tests I have to do before I start the course.

None! :smiley:

Practical training and test only mate…

Hello Guys !

Im in a same boots ,but im very confused now.

I have a full C licence 19 years ago , i got it in an another country ,and changed to a full C UK driving licence a year ago.

Now i decided to upgrade it to C+E and work with Class 1 licence.

First when i contacted one of the training provider ,he told me i must fill the D2 form and send it to DVLA with the D4 medical for a provisional licence , but when i called the DVLA about my licence ,discovered that i already have a provisional C+E ,and they sent me to pass theory test ,hazard perception ,and case study .

After that i contacted the training provider again ,and the guy said ,okay when i passed the tests Mod1, and Mod2 ,call him with the pass numbers and we can talk about the practical training ,and he said ,he think because i already have a C, i must not do the Mod 4 just the Mod 3 practical driving test .

So im training for the theory test now ,but when i saw this post ,i became unsure about all the things again .

Please help somebody really experienced ,what must i do .

Thank You very much !

If you have full C then you do not need to do theory or HPT for CE that is the LAW

If not got a DQC you have the CHOICE of doing either mod 2 + 4 tests or 35 hours attendance training

Some CE training providers can offer some of the CE training as hours towards the 35

Thank You ROG !

Then i go for mod 3 now , then go for a 35 hour attendance training for a DQC card.