Whats with all the Transam posts

Update
there were no TransAms parked next to the 4 Nolans fridges at Dunnes in Velez
did see Camaro round back fueling up

none here in my living room either

davepenn54:
as more exciting than being a box jockey, general haulage tramper, night trunker or C&D multi-dropper. :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:
Hope this post makes sense :blush:

Regards
Dave Penn;

tell me how it can be more exciting?the first couple of gigs yeah see the concert,eat the food,but thats it you now got groundhog day for the next six months :unamused: pull up at the rdc sorry gig,get unloaded,do some clicking or spotting,load up the same load again,off to the next gig and same again,the only exciting thing is seeing europe thats it which you could do on general without production shouting the odds and driver cowering down to their every command :unamused:

Just think that a lot of the younger drivers on here see the opportunity of possibly being able to mingle with some of the top bands of the moment, and moving their kit around Europe, as more exciting than being a box jockey, general haulage tramper, night trunker or C&D multi-dropper.

‘Maverick72’ If you are going to quote me it would better to quote in context :confused: I didn’t say I would find it exciting I expressed an opinion that some of the newer younger drivers see the Rock & Roll job as exciting and possibly give them the opportunity to mingle with Z list non - celebrities or ■■■■■■■■ musicians :unamused: Can’t say I’ve got any time for tossers who strum guitars, bang drums or spit in microphones, and yes I do know quite a few :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:laughing: pmsl :laughing:

Boo Hoo this doesnt sound like the Transam I worked for,seems to be a lot of explaining going on but does anyone care its only a job.Do it right and all is ok,do it wrong and out you go simples.I had a good 15 years there with no problem :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yellow card

this thread has now been yellow carded, ive split off all the off topics posts and can we all please keep it on track.

thank you.

jessicas dad:
yellow card

this thread has now been yellow carded, ive split off all the off topics posts and can we all please keep it on track.

thank you.

You merged MY thread with this one then split it absolutely fantastic censorship there hats off to you :unamused:

billybigrig:
Kindle doesn’t work for you lot anymore then :open_mouth:

Been the longest job he’s had aint it ■■ You get bored Kindle ■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i had the best 2 years of my working carreer there, never got bored mate, just happened to meet a woman near where i live and ended up getting married, as great as the job is it wouldnt be the best thing to get married one day then bugger off on tour for 6 months, so i finished.

As has been said before a lot of the trucks arent in the best of condition to look at (the Space Cabs especially, with their rusting bumpers etc) but the new 105 Dafs look OK, granted theyre nothing special, but they do make a change from a plain white motor with a couple of stickers on them (which is what i will be driving next week :blush: ),
I think the reason TransAm generate interest on this site is as euromat said, people see a truck and wonder if it was me or him (as we have put a lot of posts on here so we are quite well known here by our usernames… a lot of people put a post up saying ‘so and so’ was that you i saw last night on the M6-M1 etc), and when Mat or i did diaries, they do get a lot of hits as people know we travel all over Europe and beyond, which not a lot of people get to do nowadays, so people like to see the views in the photos etc, there is a lot of people on here who have never driven a truck abroad and wonder what it is like, well they get a bit of an insight into that. E.G how many people do you see on here saying ive been to Moscow 2 or 3 times this year and here are some photos (mat) or im driving to Istanbul the long way round and here are some pics (me). Not a lot!!
The places they go bring all challenges, customs if you leave Europe, (one example, i was doing a one truck tour with Whitesnake, leaving Bulgaria to go into Turkey, the captain in the Bulgarian customs wanted 2 tee-shirts, behind him was a big sign warning that bribery and gifts would lead to imprisonment, what should i do■■? in the end i thought sod it, went and got him 2 tee-shirts and a guitar plectrum and he was happy as larry, customs took 5 mins to complete you dont get that kind of buzz when you deliver to Tesco ) and the views most of the time are spectacular, you make good friends with the tour crew, and can have a bloody good craic, or you can just sit in your truck doing nothing, you dont have to join in.
So yeah, maybe the trucks arent nothing special, but people on here like to see the photos and diaries, as its something they prob will never end up doing themselves, and it makes a change to seeing diaries about going up and down the M6 A1 etc. Its just a bit different to what everyone else does really. And working there is an adventure, especially if you are doing a 1 truck tour, its not a Groundhog day scenario either, you get to spend a day or 2 in each city you visit so you get time to do the tourist bit, you dont just sit in your truck doing nothing but wait for the gig to finish, you can watch each show as often or as little as you like,
I have never had one single run in or gripe with the people in the office or the drivers, they are the nicest bunch of people i have worked for, and if my marraige ended up going ■■■■ up i would be back there like a shot.

kindle530:
if my marraige ended up going ■■■■ up i would be back there like a shot.

Don’t let your NEW wife see that… Your just married lol :smiley:

scottishcruiser:

kindle530:
if my marraige ended up going ■■■■ up i would be back there like a shot.

Don’t let your NEW wife see that… Your just married lol :smiley:

she doesnt look on here mate! :wink: :laughing:

swordtail:

jessicas dad:
yellow card

thank you.

You merged MY thread with this one then split it absolutely fantastic censorship there hats off to you :unamused:

I didnt merge your thread at all. :confused: get your facts straight. :unamused:

jessicas dad:

swordtail:

jessicas dad:
yellow card

thank you.

I didnt merge your thread at all. :confused: get your facts straight. :unamused:

I used the term “you” as in T/net as a whole ! Still been done though :laughing:

kindle530:

billybigrig:
Kindle doesn’t work for you lot anymore then :open_mouth:

Been the longest job he’s had aint it ■■ You get bored Kindle ■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i had the best 2 years of my working carreer there, never got bored mate, just happened to meet a woman near where i live and ended up getting married, as great as the job is it wouldnt be the best thing to get married one day then bugger off on tour for 6 months, so i finished.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I already heard about your mist… errrm joyous news mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
A relative of your new boss told me :wink:

Hope it all works out for you :smiley:

That’ll be Longs then !!, iv been on & off with Longs since 2002, just done my last 2 wks, never again ever… loads of drivers have left again this year, even the old boys, like Chris Cokaine, 80 drivers up to 11th September 09, last yr 150 went through, I must know you then, is you Dave ?

ironstipper:

euromat:

ironstipper:

euromat:

ironstipper:
I can only assume its what they transport thats the interest.

I saw one of their wagons on the A14 a month or so ago when i was doing boxes, and to be fair it looked rather tatty and beaten up to be honest. It would certainly be laughed out of truckfest. I just assumed it was driven by someone with no pride in their job and could not in any way see why there was so much interest in the company.

i too have wondered why all the interest. with regards to the truck, a lot of drivers on here are not interested in driving or trucking, they want to work in the music industry and this is how they do it, there are a few of us who take pride in our trucks, however we would never win any shows (the trucks are far too plain). i assume its who we are with and the places we go which interests some, and im also guessing that some people wondered if they spotted kindle (when he worked here) or myself, and it just seemed to go mad!

Cheers fella, that clears that up. to be honest, as an avid Radio 4 listener and lover of the Archers, even your line of work would not really intrest me either.

Thanks for clearing that up though. Take care

Phil

it suits some and not others, some people have a family and kids who they want to spend time with!

Yep, can relate to that. 9 weeks at sea done my head in at one go. so i changed company and wifey really got a tad jarred when i manage to scrape a whole 4 days at home in a 4 month period before i gave up the oil game. she thought things where looking up when i decided to drive for a living for a local firm moving JCB’s and CLAAS machinery all over Europe. Very much more devastated when i was having less time at home then i was at sea.

but for personal experiences, i have worked on nearly every continent in the world. (antarctica is the missing one)

Some folk just cant take the lifestyle of being away from home without needing a swallow to occupy their time. I now have my first job since leaving school where I’m home every night. My eldest is 19, nearly 20. missed a lot really.

please dont give them any idears about doing a eddie spotters thread god they will be coming out the wood work if you do

merrymaid:
please dont give them any idears about doing a eddie spotters thread god they will be coming out the wood work if you do

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

oh god if somebody did that (and i’m suprised it hasnt happened allready) it would be 66,666 pages long and have 666 million hits within the first hour of the topic being posted :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: