Whats with all the Transam posts

Whats this other site you talk of :sunglasses:

merc0447:
Whats this other site you talk of :sunglasses:

Pm Rikki heā€™ll give the link to you :wink:

Well IMHO the interest in ā€˜TransAm Truckingā€™ has been due to some excellent photo diarieā€™s being posted by current, (euromat) and ex; (kindle530), TransAms drivers, and bloody good reading they have been too with great pics to accompany them :slight_smile: :slight_smile: For someone like meself who is now retired, but used to regulary attend concerts/festivals in the early 70ā€™s, and remembers EST (You Rock, We Roll) being at all the events with very smart vehicles, and seen as the only one doing it, the contributions about rock & roll trucking in the 21st Century and the variety of companyā€™s that now do it, have made the job look very appealling to quite a few new young driverā€™s who have an interest in the music scene as well. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
But, swordytail, Iā€™m sure you knew all that already :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
Well IMHO the interest in ā€˜TransAm Truckingā€™ has been due to some excellent photo diarieā€™s being posted by current, (euromat) and ex; (kindle530), TransAms drivers, and bloody good reading they have been too with great pics to accompany them :slight_smile: :slight_smile: For someone like meself who is now retired, but used to regulary attend concerts/festivals in the early 70ā€™s, and remembers EST (You Rock, We Roll) being at all the events with very smart vehicles, and seen as the only one doing it, the contributions about rock & roll trucking in the 21st Century and the variety of companyā€™s that now do it, have made the job look very appealling to quite a few new young driverā€™s who have an interest in the music scene as well. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
But, swordytail, Iā€™m sure you knew all that already :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Not looked at the diaries so I wouldnā€™t know.Itā€™s just over the last few weeks the spot light has been on this lot well I mean I spotted a Stobbies yesterday and didnā€™t feel the need to report it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: But if it was an individual thats another matter.

Well Iā€™m sure if you started a thread about an ā€˜Eddie Stobart truckā€™ you spotted would soon have the thread up to more than 50 pages in less than a week :frowning: :unamused:

All the threads that Iā€™ve read about TransAm Trucking have covered being employed by them, spotting their vehicles, not spotting their vehicles and ā€˜allegedlyā€™ being done over by them on wages and expenses :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: so, for me, the threads about this company, and the interesting diaries, have made it a quite entertaining read :smiley: :smiley:

The postā€™s about TransAm donā€™t seem to be any different over the last couple of weeks than they have been over the last couple of months, apart from less diarieā€™s from the lads who are on for them :question: and some of the threads have been running for well over 9mths;

Regards
Dave Penn;

Topic merged with this other ā€œTransamā€ post as subject virtualy identical :wink:

I can only assume its what they transport thats the interest.

I saw one of their wagons on the A14 a month or so ago when i was doing boxes, and to be fair it looked rather tatty and beaten up to be honest. It would certainly be laughed out of truckfest. I just assumed it was driven by someone with no pride in their job and could not in any way see why there was so much interest in the company.

davepenn54:
Well Iā€™m sure if you started a thread about an ā€˜Eddie Stobart truckā€™ you spotted would soon have the thread up to more than 50 pages in less than a week :frowning: :unamused:

All the threads that Iā€™ve read about TransAm Trucking have covered being employed by them, spotting their vehicles, not spotting their vehicles and ā€˜allegedlyā€™ being done over by them on wages and expenses :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: so, for me, the threads about this company, and the interesting diaries, have made it a quite entertaining read :smiley: :smiley:

The postā€™s about TransAm donā€™t seem to be any different over the last couple of weeks than they have been over the last couple of months, apart from less diarieā€™s from the lads who are on for them :question: and some of the threads have been running for well over 9mths;

Regards

Dave Penn;

What about being drunk in charge of one (allegedly) that didnā€™t seem to bother many :wink:

swordtail:

davepenn54:

Regards

Dave Penn;

What about being drunk in charge of one (allegedly) that didnā€™t seem to bother many :wink:

Bit harsh fella. Why should it bother to many? iā€™m prepared to wager that if everyone was honest, i bet over 75% of drivers at some point have had a few at night, and in the morning knew they would be over the limit if they where tugged. Some more often then others. I only assume that with a spot of experience and knowledge some folk can control a vehicle better then others whilst being a tad brahms and lizt. :smiley:

ironstipper:

swordtail:

davepenn54:

Regards

Dave Penn;

Bit harsh fella. Why should it bother to many? iā€™m prepared to wager that if everyone was honest, i bet over 75% of drivers at some point have had a few at night, and in the morning knew they would be over the limit if they where tugged. Some more often then others. I only assume that with a spot of experience and knowledge some folk can control a vehicle better then others whilst being a tad brahms and lizt. :smiley:

Well I suppose you could use the old Swine flu excuse if you get caught :wink:

Can we keep this a bit steady please lads? This ainā€™t the place for rumours. :wink:

ironstipper:

I saw one of their wagons on the A14 a month or so ago when i was doing boxes, and to be fair it looked rather tatty and beaten up to be honest. It would certainly be laughed out of truckfest. I just assumed it was driven by someone with no pride in their job and could not in any way see why there was so much interest in the company.

i too have wondered why all the interest. with regards to the truck, a lot of drivers on here are not interested in driving or trucking, they want to work in the music industry and this is how they do it, there are a few of us who take pride in our trucks, however we would never win any shows (the trucks are far too plain). i assume its who we are with and the places we go which interests some, and im also guessing that some people wondered if they spotted kindle (when he worked here) or myself, and it just seemed to go mad!

Kindle doesnā€™t work for you lot anymore then :open_mouth:

Been the longest job heā€™s had aint it ā– ā–  You get bored Kindle ā– ā– ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

euromat:

ironstipper:

i too have wondered why all the interest. with regards to the truck, a lot of drivers on here are not interested in driving or trucking, they want to work in the music industry and this is how they do it, there are a few of us who take pride in our trucks, however we would never win any shows (the trucks are far too plain). i assume its who we are with and the places we go which interests some, and im also guessing that some people wondered if they spotted kindle (when he worked here) or myself, and it just seemed to go mad!

Cheers fella, that clears that up. to be honest, as an avid Radio 4 listener and lover of the Archers, even your line of work would not really intrest me either.

Thanks for clearing that up though. Take care

Phil

ironstipper:

euromat:

ironstipper:

Cheers fella, that clears that up. to be honest, as an avid Radio 4 listener and lover of the Archers, even your line of work would not really intrest me either.

Phil

it suits some and not others, some people have a family and kids who they want to spend time with!

euromat:

Like I said earlier if it was I spotted ā€œSo and soā€ I wouldnā€™t have even started MY thread before it was watered down by merging :wink: but like you say the trucks are nothing special your right.

Lucy:
Can we keep this a bit steady please lads? This ainā€™t the place for rumours. :wink:

Rumours what rumours would they be No names were mentioned ? :wink:

swordtail:

euromat:

Like I said earlier if it was I spotted ā€œSo and soā€ I wouldnā€™t have even started MY thread before it was watered down by merging :wink: but like you say the trucks are nothing special your right.

I take it youā€™re a huge Transam fan then Swordtail ? :wink: :confused: :unamused:

Goaty:

swordtail:

euromat:

I take it youā€™re a huge Transam fan then Swordtail ? :wink: :confused: :unamused:

Not a fan of any firms they are a tool to do a job nothing more nothing less . Itā€™s how the job is done that interests me.

euromat:

ironstipper:

euromat:

ironstipper:

Phil

it suits some and not others, some people have a family and kids who they want to spend time with!

Yep, can relate to that. 9 weeks at sea done my head in at one go. so i changed company and wifey really got a tad jarred when i manage to scrape a whole 4 days at home in a 4 month period before i gave up the oil game. she thought things where looking up when i decided to drive for a living for a local firm moving JCBā€™s and CLAAS machinery all over Europe. Very much more devastated when i was having less time at home then i was at sea.

but for personal experiences, i have worked on nearly every continent in the world. (antarctica is the missing one)

Some folk just cant take the lifestyle of being away from home without needing a swallow to occupy their time. I now have my first job since leaving school where Iā€™m home every night. My eldest is 19, nearly 20. missed a lot really.