Billman FH12

In march 2005 i purchased a 1999 FH12 460 sleeper in addition to my existing Scania. I owned it exactly a year. It went like a train, was incredibly reliable but just never was comfortable in it and i was never impressed by the fuel figures.

looked very tidy mate, shame there isnt any room in the ■■■■ things!

Very tidy Rob. 1st pic in the same colours as ours but we had globbys back then.

The motor originally came from a farming company in yorkshire. I’m sure the company no longer exists. I saw the old girl only 2 weeks ago pulling boxes out of tilbury. Unfortunatly she dint look quite so tidy :frowning: I remember the first run i did with it, i pulled a load of spuds from Strawsons at Bilsthorpe. 44200KG over the weigh bridge. Up the A17 and up Ledenham hill at 45mph plus. I only dropped down half a gear. I was impressed with the pulling power but less than impressed with the fuel average of 6.9mpg.

A nice looking truck. Re the last picture, I noticed recently that Deben Transport have started to use a few Volvos, albeit white ones with stuck on logos which I assume are rental trucks.

I thnk the last batch of ss XF’s (56 plate) were the last motors to come home in their colours. I believe the Man’s and Scanias are vinyl wrapped. The rear walls are plain white. I guess that being part of the CEL group it was going to happen.

nice looking volvo that

One or two of the locations look familar, I reckon that steel is going to Roudham Heath. :smiley: and is that your trucks somewhere in the North Walsham ind est?

I’m sure I’ve seen that Scania in Buxtons yard once or twice, But just can’t put a face to the name. :laughing:

100% right with the locations muckles, as for the face? You ain’t gotta look to far on this forum to find it.

how many motors do u run Mr V??

nice volvo btw

Only the one at the moment, but who knows what the future may hold.

MR VAIN:

oo well good luck to ya, must say tho the 3 trucks that u haved owned or well wat r on this forum r very smart !

mark h:

MR VAIN:

oo well good luck to ya, must say tho the 3 trucks that u haved owned or well wat r on this forum r very smart !

Thank you very much.

Nice pics Rob, very smart motor. Volvo and Scania frustrate the hell out of me, as I like both trucks. The Volvo feels robust with quality fixtures and fittings, as well as being a hill muncher. I also think it has the best auto box out there in the I-shift. The Scania is, in my opinion, the best looking truck on the market. I love the driving position, the mirror setup and the beautifully quiet low revving engine. Pity about the stupid bunk setup in the R series though.

where did u get that sidelocker from mr vain that one next to battery box my dad was after one of them abit back.

Andy smg:
Nice pics Rob, very smart motor. Volvo and Scania frustrate the hell out of me, as I like both trucks. The Volvo feels robust with quality fixtures and fittings, as well as being a hill muncher. I also think it has the best auto box out there in the I-shift. The Scania is, in my opinion, the best looking truck on the market. I love the driving position, the mirror setup and the beautifully quiet low revving engine. Pity about the stupid bunk setup in the R series though.

Yeah i know exactly what you mean Andy, Volvo are a great truck, build quality and strength but the Scania has the refinement. I’m quite torn but when it comes down to it, it will be the Scania. (when i was looking to replace the Volvo i checked out Dafs too. even talked to Iveco. Went home and talked to the boss and she just said get a scania, she said if i dint get a scania she knew she’d never hear the end of it!)

MR VAIN:

Andy smg:

Yeah i know exactly what you mean Andy, Volvo are a great truck, build quality and strength but the Scania has the refinement. I’m quite torn but when it comes down to it, it will be the Scania. (when i was looking to replace the Volvo i checked out Dafs too. even talked to Iveco. Went home and talked to the boss and she just said get a scania, she said if i dint get a scania she knew she’d never hear the end of it!)

Well it looks like the boss was right, as you seem to be well chuffed with your motor, and rightly so.