A few finnish (and maybe swedish) trucks

while i was waiting for the boat to come in at kappelskar, sweden, i snapped these trucks waiting to ship across to finland. unfortunatly the sun was sort of in the wrong place so the pics are not great

i love the look of these super long ‘drawbars’ (if thats the right word, or maybe roadtrain or b train in some cases)

anyway, i hope you like…

well technically this one was taken at osnabruck, but hey, its what i was in…

Great pics mat. (I didnt see any Swedish motors on there by the way.)

kindle530 What about MH-TRANS?

harry:

well thats british, and the mh trans is definatly finnish, i remember the nationality sticker on theplate

The DAF there is one of Transam Trucking, they do a lot of big gigs and tours - same sort of work as EST, Redburn Transfer etc

GrooveRider2006:
The DAF there is one of Transam Trucking, they do a lot of big gigs and tours - same sort of work as EST, Redburn Transfer etc

i know, i was driving it!!

I thought we all knew that!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How many fuel tanks does that unit have?

PS. You don’t want to jump too many kerbs in that rig! I bumped a kerb in Tangiers with the identcal set up & knocked the air release valve right off the air tank. Luckily the tank was made of metal & it was a simple job of getting the local plumber to weld it back on.

harry:
How many fuel tanks does that unit have?

quote]

big tank each side, cant remember how many litres, yeah they are not very good for ground clearance are they!!

harry:

Its Finnish harry

euromat Yeah its the same configuration as my old one. Very reliable & very handy tool. Mine had the auto greaser & went nearly a year between oil changes but it never used oil & never broke down. You can get extra clearance if you remember to raise the back axle but there was nothing you could do with the front. Thats why they nearly always get a clump on the N/S step& wheel trim.
( PS. If you are feeling brave. With mine ,when you were going flat out ,if you switched the ig. key off twice very quickly it would over ride the limiter. But it would knock out the cruise. Hope this helps. :laughing: )

kindle530 I see ;I just wondered if it was a Swede.

harry:
euromat Yeah its the same configuration as my old one. Very reliable & very handy tool. Mine had the auto greaser & went nearly a year between oil changes but it never used oil & never broke down. You can get extra clearance if you remember to raise the back axle but there was nothing you could do with the front. Thats why they nearly always get a clump on the N/S step& wheel trim.
( PS. If you are feeling brave. With mine ,when you were going flat out ,if you switched the ig. key off twice very quickly it would over ride the limiter. But it would knock out the cruise. Hope this helps. :laughing: )

i know some of the drivers have mentioned something about an air pipe (i think) at the rear of the truck which sits very low, and i know some people have gone through several steps too!!

i wont be trying the key thing, never had the guts to do something like that when i used to want to get a move on, i keep it 100% legal now!

euromat,
There’s been talk for a while about those longer units coming to the UK, dont know if you remember a feature in t&d about it some time ago. The link below is more up to date. Denbys of Lincoln and Stan Robinson both had trial vehicles, both V8 Scanias as I recall.

Denbys have enen got as far as having a campaign on their web site to get these legalised:

But it seems to have met an end about a year ago according to this article…

"n December the British government turned down proposals by two road haulage firms, Denby Transport and Stan Robinson, to trial longer and heavier vehicles - respectively a 25.5m road train grossing at 60 tonnes (Eco-Link) and a 33.5m long road train (2 x 13.6m trailers) grossing at 84 tonnes. In addition, there was no approval for the 16m long SCM trailer from Silvertip Design/Don-Bur.

The government also considered but rejected the option of permitting the new vehicles for intermodal transport only - partly because it is impractical (difficult to police) and partly because of politics. "

Good pics mate. Funny thing was the week you were over there (and being tight with your texts!!) I saw a 3 Swedes in Tilbury, all around the docks, an FH12 Globetrotter unit only, parked for 3 days, a lovely Scania 4 series artic (note lovely is tongue in cheek!), bright yellow with all the goodies on it,looked nice, but my favourite, a Scania 4 series flat roof rigid with a flatbed body with dropsides pulling a drawbar trailer with A frame coupling, typically internal Swedish outfit. Saw him in the morning and again when he returned in the evening, so he didn’t go too far in UK. Who needs to go all the way to Sweden?? :laughing: :laughing:
I saw no Swedes in that lot either, and interestingly the Danish liveried Scania seems to have Russian registration?
Wouldn’t try the key thing either, used to work a treat on 3 series Scanias, thing was as you did it at night your lights used to go out for a few seconds. It worked on the first 4 series, but the next lot we had all had EDC by then, and the engine used to cut out when you did it, caught a few out, I hasten to add I had stopped by then! One bloke in particular was caught out in Brussels, going over the ring road bridge, trying to get ahead of another truck before the no overtaking limit, he simply ground to a halt in lane 2!!!

forgot to add, they are Drawbars, not road trains as popularly called. Roadtrains have 2 or more trailers.

euromat:

It´s finnish… Finnish commercial trucks have a orange ring around the reg-plate… It looks like a Norweigan setup on the arctic…

chorcheela:
euromat,
There’s been talk for a while about those longer units coming to the UK, dont know if you remember a feature in t&d about it some time ago. The link below is more up to date. Denbys of Lincoln and Stan Robinson both had trial vehicles, both V8 Scanias as I recall.

Denbys have enen got as far as having a campaign on their web site to get these legalised:

Eco Trailer | Ecolink | Super Lorry | Denby Transport Limited

But it seems to have met an end about a year ago according to this article…

"n December the British government turned down proposals by two road haulage firms, Denby Transport and Stan Robinson, to trial longer and heavier vehicles - respectively a 25.5m road train grossing at 60 tonnes (Eco-Link) and a 33.5m long road train (2 x 13.6m trailers) grossing at 84 tonnes. In addition, there was no approval for the 16m long SCM trailer from Silvertip Design/Don-Bur.

The government also considered but rejected the option of permitting the new vehicles for intermodal transport only - partly because it is impractical (difficult to police) and partly because of politics. "

yep i remember it well, its a shame really as i think its a good idea, but hey the government know best (and dont like good ideas :question: )

dieselcowboy: i didnt think there were any swedes, when i put the thread together i couldnt remember cos i was still tired from the week!! did you get any pics of the ones you saw?

yes, also that green 3 series is russian registered, im presuming sold on from denmark, hence the stickers. there were a few russians waiting to ship, the only other truck was a georgi airfreight from germany

some of us were too busy to take photos!!! No, i intended on taking one of the drawbar, but he trundled off towards the ship before i could. I was going to take one of the Globey as it was there for 3 days, but when i went to take it it had gone!!
The Russian could be based in Russia for the company??Like Welsi’s Poles??

Dieselcowboy:
some of us were too busy to take photos!!! No, i intended on taking one of the drawbar, but he trundled off towards the ship before i could. I was going to take one of the Globey as it was there for 3 days, but when i went to take it it had gone!!
The Russian could be based in Russia for the company??Like Welsi’s Poles??

Russians tend to buy used trucks from western europe and only put russian plates on without removing the old stickers…

Dieselcowboy:
some of us were too busy to take photos!!!

who do you know who was working then??.. :laughing:

euromat:

Dieselcowboy:
some of us were too busy to take photos!!!

who do you know who was working then??.. :laughing:

No fear of it being you mat! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: