What was your favourite Breakfast and where!

Full brecky at the pigeon fanciers on a38 off j1 m50,grub always fresh and cafe and toilets clean.
regards dave.

Bewick:
Mine was Egg, bacon,sausage, TINNED tomatoes bread and butter,large tea!!! Aviary Cafe A5 Hinckley Knight!! no Samonella lay-by vans in those days!! Bewick.

hiya,
Ah Dennis The Hinckley Knight skip the brekkie i’ve eaten that en-route couple of pints though gave me courage to face the boring M1.
thanks harry long retired.

dafdave:
Full brecky at the pigeon fanciers on a38 off j1 m50,grub always fresh and cafe and toilets clean.
regards dave.

One of if not the best places going in it’s day.

altitude:

dafdave:
regards dave.

Hi Dave & John,
Do you mean the Pigeon Flyer,just north of Tewkesbury on the A38,if so,last I heard it’s still good.
Cheers Dave.

altitude:

dafdave:
regards dave.

hi lads,
that was “brian’s”.a cracking place,used to be?
regards andrew

pete 359:

altitude:

dafdave:
regards dave.

hi lads,
that was “brian’s”.a cracking place,used to be?
regards andrew

Thats was him andrew all the yrs i went there and couldant remember his name.
regards dave .

Dave the Renegade:
The Don cafe on the top of Glynneath pitch A465 before they built the new dual carriageway.Cracking breakfast,only thing was, you had to wait for a table,as the place was always busy in the late 60’s.

Ha Ha, remember it well, used to struggle up the hill with 20 or 24 gross load of coal and remember to leave the engine ticking over to cool down whilst you went in to order breakfast or it would blow the water out of the rad, seen a few do that. Top breakfast though. :sunglasses:

MrJake:

Dave the Renegade:
The Don cafe on the top of Glynneath pitch A465 before they built the new dual carriageway.Cracking breakfast,only thing was, you had to wait for a table,as the place was always busy in the late 60’s.

Ha Ha, remember it well, used to struggle up the hill with 20 or 24 gross load of coal and remember to leave the engine ticking over to cool down whilst you went in to order breakfast or it would blow the water out of the rad, seen a few do that. Top breakfast though. :sunglasses:

Same with me Mr Jake,used to let the lorry cool down there,then again between the Beacon’s reservoir and the Storey Arms,as I was heading back to Brecon and on to the Llandrindod Wells area with bulk slag,loaded out of Margam.

brian’s was defo one of the best , in the old wooden cafe or the new one , lazy trout was in the same class for many years , don’t know about now , not been in for 10 years . and let’s not forget the jungle [ if you’re that old ] dave

I always considered the “Quernhow” on the A1 one of the best breakfasts as you had a choice of everything it was not the cheapest but the quality was first class there was even kidneys on the menu which I usually had on a full as I did not like sausage that much. The cheapest was B P refinery at Grangemouth which was about 7p and they still moaned about the price that was for fruit juice,cereal,porridge,full fry up and as much bread or toast as you wanted and then jam/marmalade and toast and tea but the tea refill was half penny and they moaned about paying for that, this was in the 70s and 80s

Cheers Johnnie

rigsby:
brian’s was defo one of the best , in the old wooden cafe or the new one , lazy trout was in the same class for many years , don’t know about now , not been in for 10 years . and let’s not forget the jungle [ if you’re that old ] dave

Lazy Trout is still going,was an excellent cafe,haven’t been in there for about two years,know where the Jungle was,been by there several times,now a caravan business operating from there.

Dave the Renegade:

altitude:

dafdave:
regards dave.

Hi Dave & John,
Do you mean the Pigeon Flyer,just north of Tewkesbury on the A38,if so,last I heard it’s still good.
Cheers Dave.

Hello Dave
Yeah that’s the the place, I did hear Brian retired and the boy took it over, but didn’t last to long. In it’s day it was the best, good food good service very quick, and very very clean. Old Brian took a bit of getting to know, but once you got in with him he was a great man.
cheers
John.

altitude:

Dave the Renegade:

altitude:

dafdave:
regards dave.

Hi Dave & John,
Cheers Dave.

Hello Dave
Yeah that’s the the place, I did hear Brian retired and the boy took it over, but didn’t last to long. In it’s day it was the best, good food good service very quick, and very very clean. Old Brian took a bit of getting to know, but once you got in with him he was a great man.
cheers
John.

Been by there John,but never been in,it’s not a piece of road I use a lot going from this way.There are still some good cafes around,but nowhere near as many as there used to be.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

altitude:

Dave the Renegade:

altitude:

dafdave:
regards dave.

Hi Dave & John,
Cheers Dave.

Hello Dave
cheers
John.

Been by there John,but never been in,it’s not a piece of road I use a lot going from this way.There are still some good cafes around,but nowhere near as many as there used to be.
Cheers Dave.

I wonder if that Cafe got its name because it was where the racing pidgeons were liberated on their race to the northwest and Scotland,I know our local Fed races from Cheltenham so how far apart are the two points? Dennis.

Bewick:

Dave the Renegade:

altitude:

Dave the Renegade:

altitude:

dafdave:
regards dave.

Hi Dave & John,
Cheers Dave.

Hello Dave
cheers
John.

Cheers Dave.

I wonder if that Cafe got its name because it was where the racing pidgeons were liberated on their race to the northwest and Scotland,I know our local Fed races from Cheltenham so how far apart are the two points? Dennis.

Not that far Dennis,pre moterway days they would have used the A38,it’s probably about 12 miles from Cheltenham,bugger all for a pigeon.
Cheers Dave.

Been in the Lazy Trout a couple of times recently, but won’t go again. I’m afraid I can’t wait that long for very mediochre food. Pity, cos it was very good in it’s day.

emmerson2:
Been in the Lazy Trout a couple of times recently, but won’t go again. I’m afraid I can’t wait that long for very mediochre food. Pity, cos it was very good in it’s day.

The Farmer family had it until a couple of years ago,it was as good as anywhere then,but Mick and Jean retired,say no more.

Can we add a continental flavour too! The Ham n eggs with fresh bread at Jayat when Jean Paul & Marie ran it.
I know the place was not everyones cup of tea but the breakfast in my opinion was top nosh!!!

The Woodside on the A614 between Rawcliffe and Goole.Full breakfast,always with tinned toms.
The Moat Lane Cafe,affectionately known as the “Wooden Hut” on the A57 between Cadishead and Warrington.Fried spam breakfast.
The Wychbold,side of the M5 adjacent to the A38 Droitwich turn - off.Full breakfast.
The Quernhow,northbound A1 in the 70s.Wouldn’t touch it now having read the reports. :open_mouth:
Salt Box,near Uttoxeter…proper plateful of cardiac arrest. :smiley:

As Sammy says,BP Grangemouth canteen was spot on,same as Baglan Bay.
Firth Derihon Ltd,on the A6 at Darley Dale,slice of toast and mug of tea = one old penny in 1968. :laughing:
What was the one at Scremerston,just south of Berwick? That was pretty good for a plateful,plenty of square sausage from just over t’border. :smiley:

Uitsmijter met ham, Kanters Restaurant at Moerdijk in Holland! 40 minutes from the Hook, early morning smell of strong Dutch coffee. First went there 33 years ago, and back in May with the family on holiday.