What was your favourite Breakfast and where!

Big Al:

Chris Webb:
The Robin Hood just below the Dog and Partridge on Woodhead was good and the one at the bottom of Langsett hill on the A616 before Stocksbridge was great,can’t recall the name,run by two women,real home from home snap. :sunglasses:

Yes Chris Robin Hood very good old time transport cafe, even had a dodgy pot holed car park. What was the name of the one in Sheffield just off the roundabout under the Tinsley viaduct ?
Also do you remember the two on the old A18 just through Hatfield in the village of Dunsville, one on the left and one on the right. I think the one on the left heading towards Doncaster was
The Lindholme ? (much used by North Lincs Haulage) the one on the right about a hundred yards further on is now replaced by two Bungalows. I cannot remember the name but think it might
have been the Copper Kettle ■■? Talking of good breakfasts about 50 years ago I carted coal out of Hatfield Colliery which was at Stainforth as you came into Thorne by the canal there was a
little cafe on the corner, we used to park in the Rising Sun car park.In those days there were hundreds of eight wheelers running coal to Keadby power station and many drivers used the cafe.

regards Big Al

Hi Al.There was one at Tinsley called the Plumpers,and another opposite Sid Harrison’s yard going towards Rotherham,I’ve been in many times but the name has gone. I can’t remember the name of the one in Dunsville either,on the left going towards Hatfield but the Lindholme on the right further up was one Evans used regular for snap and dodgies.

Walton summit I think it was called Jacks, Mary’s in the Corby truck stop (for a triple bypass),York trailers Corby (three course free),Millburn (steak pie and gravy) Beattock (steak ,egg,and chips) the loopway Forfar clock cafe in Derby. I often wonder how I am still refered to as an Adonis. Gone are the days of getting sand kicked in my face. Joepipe Where was the worst digs ,after Mary’s in the granite?

Can’t beat tinsley transport cafe off j34 at Sheffield for breakfast called the other morning ,turned round and parked the Foden right outside :laughing:

Full English at the Routemaster Felixstowe Dennis,after a great nights sleep in a single room,fab!

David

Dave the Renegade:

altitude:

dafdave:
Full brecky at the pigeon fanciers on a38 off j1 m50,grub always fresh and cafe and toilets clean.
regards dave.

One of if not the best places going in it’s day.

Hi Dave & John,
Do you mean the Pigeon Flyer,just north of Tewkesbury on the A38,if so,last I heard it’s still good.
Cheers Dave.

The pigeon flyer was the old hutte cafe owned by Brian and his family it was a wooden hut then he built a brick cafe he knew everyone who came in when he retired he sold it to some Pakistani blokes they took it over, in the 80,s a cooked breakfast with tea £1.10p best cafe ever cheers John

Bacon and egg butty at Pancorbo Spain and a good coffee

Hiya,
Now this one goes back a long way, The Roma Cafe, halfway down the
Walmsley Rd heading towards Bury and on the left. parking on he road
was no bother at the time, I consider to be the best brekkie in the UK,
the proprietor was a family friend and I got my food at a discount but
rest assured everyone got the same good food and service it was full
from early AM to late PM, I think neighborhood complaints caused it’s
closure, “parking” but it did remain in business for quite a while.
thanks harry, long retired.

Can’t remember if it had a name or not, but I think it was on the ’Highway’ Wapping on the way to London Docks, open from early & wagons parked everywhere.

It was like something out of Charles Dickens for greyness & grime, but in spite of that a ‘’Full Greasy’ that the Ritz would struggle to beat.

smallcoal:

Dave the Renegade:

altitude:

dafdave:
Full brecky at the pigeon fanciers on a38 off j1 m50,grub always fresh and cafe and toilets clean.
regards dave.

One of if not the best places going in it’s day.

Hi Dave & John,
Do you mean the Pigeon Flyer,just north of Tewkesbury on the A38,if so,last I heard it’s still good.
Cheers Dave.

The pigeon flyer was the old hutte cafe owned by Brian and his family it was a wooden hut then he built a brick cafe he knew everyone who came in when he retired he sold it to some Pakistani blokes they took it over, in the 80,s a cooked breakfast with tea £1.10p best cafe ever cheers John

Bryan and his wife are partially responsible for my present “racing snake” figure. Running stone into a coating plant near Pershore meant a compulsory stop for breakfast and lunch! The modern building was constructed with aid from the insurance pay-out after the old wooden café burned down.

Hi rof, yes you are right ,it was a lovely fresh breakfast and Brian always made you welcome he knew everyone by name we used to call in on way to the Midlands I must have the same racing snake figure as you then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

smallcoal:
Hi rof, yes you are right ,it was a lovely fresh breakfast and Brian always made you welcome he knew everyone by name we used to call in on way to the Midlands I must have the same racing snake figure as you then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Think Casey forgot to mention that the racing snake in question had just swallowed a goat ! anon

Atkins on the A38 Derby was always clean and a good meal. And the airport cafe on the other side of the road made her own scones and cake and great thick apple pie, there was about five transport cafe’s between Lichfield and Derby, I think there is only one still open. Had many nights out at the Salt Box, Retired 11 years know and no more fry ups.

rigsby:

smallcoal:

Think Casey forgot to mention that the racing snake in question had just swallowed a goat ! anon

Oi, pal! I’ll have you know that I’m suffering from malnutrition. Only the contents of the sprog’s fridge have kept me alive over Christmas! :wink:

Mine was Egg, bacon,sausage, TINNED tomatoes bread and butter,large tea!!! Aviary Cafe A5 Hinckley Knight!! no Samonella lay-by vans in those days!! Bewick.

Too many to mention Dennis… but I always liked the Cedars on the A 45 Coventry, Fried Spuds yummy , Paul always kept it clean, The Noake ( spelling) on the A13.

:smiley: For me its got to be the full breakfast with fried spuds and mushrooms at the Langrick cafe near Boston, havnt been that way for a good while but I suppose its still as good. :smiley:

The Don cafe on the top of Glynneath pitch A465 before they built the new dual carriageway.Cracking breakfast,only thing was, you had to wait for a table,as the place was always busy in the late 60’s.

My favourite breakfast was Bacon,Egg, Sausage & Beans at - Little Hereford Cafe — cooked by Neville and family.
That was in the good old days,- hauling steel billets from Llaelli to the Midlands.-- Today it’s the Samonella lay-by cafes everywhere ( not for me :frowning: :frowning: ). regards - Hywel. ( retired early :smiley: )

Quernhow when the old owners had it never the cheapest but all good,lots of good ones nation wide too many to mention.
I wouldnt say all caravans were bad there was a good one on the Northbound A1 just above Markham Moor lass called June had it nice brekky & another one just above the A64 northbound just did sandwhiches but the sausage was the best Ive ever tasted anywhere in fact lots of drivers used to order a couple pound of sausage to take home lad called Tony had it tight yorkshireman wanted every wagon that passed to pull in :smiley:

Wembley Cafe on the old A63.

In later times the Golden Fleece after a night in the pub at High Hesket :stuck_out_tongue: