What do I need if I give my operators license to a company t

To answer your question, you need your head examined!

Don’t bother guys.

I dont think he means his O licence…more like his Operators CPC…i have been asked a few times for mine also…from very good friends…but i never would because you have no control over how they will run, and the onus comes back to you …and apart from the low money thats on offer not worth any risk whatsoever.

Please tell me this is a wind up - else that means it’s true! :unamused:

truckyboy:
I dont think he means his O licence…more like his Operators CPC…i have been asked a few times for mine also…from very good friends…but i never would because you have no control over how they will run, and the onus comes back to you …and apart from the low money thats on offer not worth any risk whatsoever.

That’s what I was thinking TB, …his CPC.

I have also been asked about mine at least 3 times, the usual answer ends with the word ‘‘OFF’’ . :bulb:

The days of ‘lending your name’ as a CPC holder are long gone.

You can be a professional Transport Manager and take care of more than one O licence at a time, given certain provisions, which have been published by the Traffic Commissioners.

The TC will want to see evidence that you have enough time to be able to exercise ‘continuous and effective’ control over all the vehicles on all the O licences that you cover all of the time. He/she will also expect to see evidence that you are actually managing the fleets and their drivers…ie if you say a truck isn’t leaving the yard, then it stays in the yard…all the time. You must be able to over-rule directors/proprietors in this respect. You must have systems in place for monitoring vehicle condition, drivers hours etc. The drivers are expected to know who you are and to respect your authority. And there must be evidence that you are being renummerated at a level appropriate to your management responsibilities.

And if one of the companies that you manage gets called up to a PI, then expect the rest to follow.

gasgas…you are wrong…there are new restrictions, and as an external manager ( cpc holder) you may manage as many as you wish ( but must be employed solely by the transport owners.) but there are rules regarding the hours you must be employed eg : 2 - 5 vehicles = 8 hours employment…the rules also sate that as an external manager…the distance travelled shouldnt be more than 2 hours ( negotiable ) and the distance should be changed if managing more than one outfit…theres too much to mention on here…or to paste…but read the regulation before posting…it really does help, or at least have the knowledge inn your head. :smiley:

As I said:

“You can be a professional Transport Manager and take care of more than one O licence at a time, given certain provisions, which have been published by the Traffic Commissioners.”

These include the ones you mentioned.

The ones I specifically outlined were explained by a TM at a conference …these being the things that he would look for in addition to what you mentioned.

One would hope that a qualified TM would be up on them…but as we both know, many are not.

All the best, and thanks for making it clear.

davepenn54:
You ever been to prison fella or had to sell all your worldly goods and chattels to pay a massive fine, if you have obtained an Operators Licence legally, surely you read all the info about the rules and regulations you are bound by if said licence is issued ? If not why not ? You sound like a cowboy who is not wanted in this industry, there is already enough of them, a bit of advice surrender your O licence and go stacking shelves at one of your cut price supermarkets that looks the highest bar you will ever reach, clown! :unamused:

Dave Penn;

What’s wrong with stacking shelves in a supermarket? I’ve been doing that for the past 15 years and only got my class 1 couple of years ago. A bit shallow… I’d say…