Using a customer's operating license?

A customer has approached me about putting a vehicle on their O License.
They would use it at weekends and I would use it during the week.
They only carry their own goods and have a restricted license.
I would be using for hire and reward.
We would share the costs.

Anyone know what’s involved in changing from own goods to hire and reward?
Would this setup even be legal\possible?

I may consider looking into the possibility hiring him a vehicle but not using my O licence or CPC

Thanks for reply but it’s the other way round, they would be renting to me.

I don’t have an O License, only run vans.
They have a restricted and would have to change it.

Just seeing if it’s even worth looking into or if it’s illegal or unworkable from the start cheers

As far as I’m aware you cannot run a vehicle on someone else’s operators licence, you can use someone else as a CPC holder for your company but you still need your own operators licence.

I’ll wait to be corrected but I’m pretty sure what you’re suggesting is illegal and would not be allowed by the DVSA.

Just don’t go there, its’ got disaster written over it sooner or later. Just get your own Operator’s License.

albion:
Just don’t go there, its’ got disaster written over it sooner or later. Just get your own Operator’s License.

It’s looking that way I think

If I got my own license would it be possible for me to rent a truck to them for the weekends?

Renting trucks is fine, it’s just always got to have the O disc in it belonging to the company currently running it!

albion:

Very wise words.