Operators licence!

Hi folks. I started with a new company two months ago, and all should have gone well! Last week we all got sent on leave for a week with various excuses as to why, with promises that our jobs are safe and not to worry!!! (Alarm bells) now we have to go in this morning to return keys, fuel cards etc. Turns out that the operators licence that we all thought was in place does not exist! A new one has been applied for, we were working on the old companies licence until the new one is approved! (That’s the one that is non existent ) we are to be told that when the new one arrives we can return to work, but that could be a while with no pay. My question to you is: Can this have any come back on me as a driver, or is it the company in the ■■■■? And would you hang around or jump ship?

Speaking with some experience in this situation I would be jumping ship as quickly as possible. Believe me they won’t pin a medal on your chest for loyalty! As for any come back on you the driver there won’t be as long as you have not been running bent and keeping everything in good order.
Good luck I hope it sorts itself out soon.

Depends what they promise you if you stay? Having a similar situation now with mine. They promised me what I want and still nothing, that was 4 months ago now.

Now Iv started asking around other firms.

Jump ship, loyalty doesn’t pay the bills. They sound a shambles of a company anyway.

Jump ship as they sound more fishy than Grimsby fish market

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sorry to hear about your probs.
get another job or sign up with an agency or two
Tell your employer you want a small regular retainer to keep yourself available for the job
go on HM.Gov.UK to see if there is an application in place or if your employer has an interim licence
good luck

Whats the betting its gone pop and will be back up and running in a few weeks running the same tackle out of the same premises with the same gaffers, but with a slightly different company name and a string of creditors who won’t get a penny…well except for the taxman and the fuel companies who for some reason :bulb: seem to get paid.

There isn’t a Scottish/Irish connection here by any chance OP? Just wondering out loud! :wink:

Escape. Fast. A worn tyre or electrical fault are normal things to put up with, but no operators licence, that’s just stupid…

Surely if the company has knowingly been operating trucks without an O licence then the chances of getting one granted later would amount to … No chance ■■

That’s it for now then! All laid off. Ffs! Yes there is an Irish connection. Turns out that the new company was suckered then shafted. The old owner has been interview by Vosa and I hope they throw the book at him. He has been operating x amount of trucks on a third of the licences for years. We took it on his licence while ours gets sorted.(trust) Came to light over a recent accident and now everyone is out of a job.
Just as a note the new company is very above board and want everything legal, hence as soon as the issues arose all trucks were pulled off the road. The only thing they are guilty of is trusting someone and maybe not doing enough checks.