Were is the beaver

Beaver is a good guy in my book, I doubt very much he will care about being on pre mod. Some people on here really ought to lighten up and not take things too seriously. If you get offended by a users post, stay off them and don’t get yourself worked up over it. If you cannot believe or agree or like what another poster has to say, that is your problem, why should the poster be penalised. All of these who spout, troll, sock puppet etc are just hysterical drama queens that should stick to stamp collecting.

Dipper_Dave:
Premod is pretty much the same as a ban, in fact worse as it’s weak moderation.

Sorry Dave, those are two different things, otherwise they’d have the same name.

Dipper_Dave:
It’s like saying “We want you to stay but everything you post has to be approved first by someone who may not have the same opinion or point of view, oh but don’t worry by the time we approve it your point will be missed as the conversation will have moved on by the time it appears.”

Sorry again Dave, but that’s not true either.

We may not have the same view as EB, but his post has appeared because it didn’t break any forum rules.
It’s also unedited… ask him. :wink:

Dipper_Dave:
Imagine being at a party and having to stand next to the most boring bloke in the room, that’s the real world equivalent of ‘premod’. Might as well go home.

See last answer.

Dipper_Dave:
Apart from dozy who suffered perpetual premod but still stuck around I can’t envisage many would bother.

Sorry Dave, I can’t speak for dozy.

Dipper_Dave:
But rules is rules, well not really rules are only used when it suits.

The forum rules have been electronically agreed by posters before they post.
Having said that, the was weak moderation (with hindsight) in the Essex topic, which should have been clamped down on much harder and earlier that it was.
I’ll hold my hands up to my portion of that slippage. :blush: :blush:

Dipper_Dave:
“By drivers, for drivers”. That’s the primary ethos not “By snowflakes, for snowflakes”. That’s a totally different forum mainly for submissives and sissy’s which is a whole different thing entirely… or is it :wink:

That’s your opinion Dave, and you’re entitled to it.
However, the rules are what they are, so anybody who can’t/won’t stick to them will be dealt with according to those rules as best and fairly as we can.

Now for my own comments… I care less whether anybody decides to stay or go, because I’m just looking at a bunch of pixels, so in that regard, I actually agree with those who are saying not to take things too seriously.

The rules and the choice facing posters both remain the same though.

robroy:
However in the case of Beaver I think the mods have been a bit impulsive and trigger happy in booting off a lad that added a lot to the forum.

Rob,

With the greatest of respect… If you or anybody else believe that EB has been banned, then you have been misinformed.

I can say quite clearly that EB is NOT banned, a simple and unequivocal statement to which I give my word.

Posters are free to believe who they like though. :smiley:

Nice work on not taking my post to seriously DD… :wink:

Dipper_Dave:
Nice work on not taking my post to seriously DD… :wink:

You are the acknowledged master of the double meaning, so I might have been caught out here or there. :smiley: :wink:

dieseldave:

robroy:
However in the case of Beaver I think the mods have been a bit impulsive and trigger happy in booting off a lad that added a lot to the forum.

Rob,

With the greatest of respect… If you or anybody else believe that EB has been banned, then you have been misinformed.

I can say quite clearly that EB is NOT banned, a simple and unequivocal statement to which I give my word.

Posters are free to believe who they like though. :smiley:

Ok Dave, I certainly without doubt believe you mate.
Maybe on reflection my use of the word ‘banned’ was a bit heavy handed.
I know Beaver is on pre.mod, as he told me, it was just simple terminology … banned, booted, bulleted, chopped, …and pre.mod I just interpreted to be the same, with the same outcome, or at least similar.

Still stand by my opinion that pre.mod or banning or whatever was a bit heavy handed, when others in the past have got away with worse.

robroy:
Maybe on reflection my use of the word ‘banned’ was a bit heavy handed.

Thanks Rob, but tbf, you’re not the only one who has said “banned,” because a few others are saying the same thing.

It’s not important who first used that word, I just wanted to correct an inaccuracy before anybody took it as fact. :smiley:

eagerbeaver:
Getting emotional reading this thread lads. Sorry, my bad. It’s an eyelash issue.

Anyone who has had a mauling from me more often than not deserves it. :imp: If your spine is made of polystyrene, you deserve it.
As do liars, grasses, fools and general bellends.

That’s all fair enough EB, as long as it’s withing the forum rules.

It’s absolutely fine to attack what somebody writes, and you can maul that all you like because what a person writes is fair game for a right old ripping!!
The line is crossed when it’s the person gets mauled. That’s called a personal attack and it’s against the forum rules.

eagerbeaver:
We live in a society now that has ■■■■■■ up the leg of previous generations, and it makes me puke. Very soft generation :unamused:

To some extent, I agree with that, but here on TN, we have our rules.
It doesn’t matter who you are, or even who you think you are, but the rules aren’t about to be changed because some bully boys want to go around giving it large.

Those people have a clear choice to make.

1.) Post on TN within the rules, OR
2.) They can frequent a site that allows that which they wish to do.

This isn’t complicated, the choice is clear.

eagerbeaver:
I make no apologies for ANYTHING I’ve ever said/typed on here. If you don’t like it, ■■■■ off and read Take a Break instead :wink:

Fair enough.

eagerbeaver:
As for Tighty wallet McBully Beaver, if the mod’s take me off pre mod I would be ’ eager ’ to continue contributing.

You’re welcome to post as long as you’ve had a read of the above.

eagerbeaver:
Otherwise I’m off

Your choice. :smiley:

That awkward moment when an Admin quotes a post that’s not been pre-mod approved yet :laughing:

NM. found it waaaay up the page, this highlights the fundamental flaw with pre-mod though… :blush:

I did like Dippers Dave’s standing next to the bloke at the party analogy. Thought that was quite good :smiley:

Reef:
That awkward moment when an Admin quotes a post that’s not been pre-mod approved yet :laughing:

NM. found it waaaay up the page, this highlights the fundamental flaw with pre-mod though… :blush:

You had me going for a moment Reef. :laughing: :laughing:

You’ve made an excellent point though…

Speaking very generally… there’s no flaw in pre-mod because those on pre-mod (who took the ■■■■ when no Mods were around) now come to realise that there’s another side to that coin… their posts remain in a queue until… wait for it… there’s a Mod around. :wink:

Those who appear to have turned a corner may sometimes have their posts approved somewhat quicker but only if there’s a Mod around.

The delay is all part and parcel of them being in the pre-mod club, and far better than a ban IMHO. :laughing: :laughing:

Freight Dog:
I did like Dippers Dave’s standing next to the bloke at the party analogy. Thought that was quite good :smiley:

I think it’s a good analogy too, but I thought it didn’t quite fit the circumstances though.

Mind you, Dave is the master of double meanings, so he could have been discussing the theory of relativity without any of us realising it. :laughing: :laughing:

dieseldave:

Reef:

You had me going for a moment Reef. :laughing: :laughing:

You’ve made an excellent point though…

Speaking very generally… there’s no flaw in pre-mod because those on pre-mod (who took the ■■■■ when no Mods were around) now come to realise that there’s another side to that coin… their posts remain in a queue until… wait for it… there’s a Mod around. :wink:

Those who appear to have turned a corner may sometimes have their posts approved somewhat quicker but only if there’s a Mod around.

The delay is all part and parcel of them being in the pre-mod club, and far better than a ban IMHO. :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah sorry about that Dave, I did scroll up just not past my post and eb’s post happened to be the one prior to mine :unamused:

I know and understand how pre-mod works and even understand the reasoning behind it, I just highlighted (albeit accidentally) the detrimental effect it can have on the flow of a thread and the non pre-modded members, in a way we all pay the price not just the pre-modded member…