New Mod...!

In a generous move to help Bully out whilst he’s snowed under, Mrs Mix has kindly agreed to be Deputy Mod in here…:grimacing:

She’s no Newbie, as you all know, so I’d watch your arses if I were you…plus Bully’s still the main Barkeep, so she’s got him to worry about too!!! :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Welcom Pam

y don’t give it out to someone else rather than someone who is already admin :question:

Why do you ask, have you got someone in mind for the job?

It’s all change at the top! :laughing: Good on ya pam.

well mrs… long may you :wink: a single beady eye on my filthy swear words.

samb:
Why do you ask, have you got someone in mind for the job?

no i haven’t samb,i just thought it would be nice to give someone out there with spare time on their hand’s a chance rather than pam who will be busy enough with the admin side of trucknet.

just a thought samb,i wish pam all the very best in the thankless job that it is :wink:

thanks for the welcome everyone
I’m only here to give Bully a hand as he has taken on the ex-pats forum which is busier than my own so it made sense for me to help him for a while :wink: :slight_smile:

pam

kitkat:
y don’t give it out to someone else rather than someone who is already admin :question:

Not as simple as that, mate…Mod jobs aren’t “given out” like prizes at a school fete, they’re not advertised anywhere, and it takes a very special sort of a person to be offered one (for reasons which immediately become clear once you find out some of the information these guys are privvy to). :wink:

We usually go for members who have a) been around and active for at least a year; b) keep within the rules (as far as is humanly forgiveable!); c) demonstrate tact, diplomacy, and an abiliy to see both sides of an argument without getting “overheated”; d) command a reasonable amount of respect amongst the members (hence a) above); e) we trust not to reveal the more sensitive info that they become privvy to about the Company, as well as personal info about the other Mods and Admins, to anyone, no matter what the circumstances; and f) who can remain calm against all the odds, and are prepared to enforce the unpopular rules and take the flack for doing so, even if they don’t like having to do it! :open_mouth: (Personally, I quite often have to edit out stuff that I actually agree with…but that’s my job… :cry: )

There are other factors too, which are harder to quantifiy…plus the obvious stuff about not being too heavily involved with other industry Websites - if you’re a Mod or Admin on another truck-related board, we can’t have you on the staff here.

We also never bring in a new Mod without 100% agreement from the existing staff…no matter how good we think someone would be, one vote against and it doesn’t happen. :open_mouth:
It’s not simply a matter of me or Rikki picking a name…all the Mods and Admins get a say, as they do with most new policies and ideas. Often an “outgoing” Mod will suggest a replacement and we take it from there…:grimacing:

Also, some forums are only ever allocated to experienced staff…every Mod does an “apprenticeship” on a smaller forum first…I did mine in the WTD Forum on the old board, if you remember! :sunglasses:

Admins are a whole different level again, because of the huge responsibility involved, and the access which they have to the software at the back of these boards. Again, proven experience is the main criteria…that and an obvious ability to put in the time.
The Directors work far more closely with the Admins, so we do have the majority of the say in who gets that sort of status. All Admins are highly experienced Mods who have shown willing to go the extra mile.

We also never discuss the specifics of why someone is asked to do a job outside of the Staff areas…and anyone found to be doing so would be sacked on the spot!!! :open_mouth:

Hope that enlightens you a little!!! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Ps. As the existing guys will tell you, once you become a Mod, it’s also virtually impossible to quit!!! :wink: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ps. As the existing guys will tell you, once you become a Mod, it’s also virtually impossible to quit!!!

amen :exclamation: :smiley: :wink:

jon

hey lads and lassies,they’ll be getting you’s mods and admin staff to sign the official secrets act next. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i was vetted to top secret in the forces,for the job i done.does this get me in the hush hush brigade :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m sure your day will come Kitkat! :laughing:

Ladytrucker679:

more chance of robk coming back on the boards than me becoming a mod :laughing:

So being an obnoxious, self centred, self confessed sexist,argumentative sod rules me out then eh?..

Ah well stick to what i do best i suppose WINDING THE MODS UP!!!..

I just wonder is there a league table for the member with the most post removals or edits■■?, that would be fun to know, bet im near the top…

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Yeyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Jammy for the job :smiley: