Welsh Border and Mid Wales Hauliers 1950's onwards

caddy1:

kingswinford kit:

caddy1:
Hi Keith wish we had some of the 76 keep hoping some will turn up one day had blue one as in ici colours our paul got aki borderer being restored at moment and shaun a 111 will look good when done cheers ian

Hi Ian , lets hope some do turn up , those 76s made a fine sight as they swept up Dinmore hill . Was most of your work out of GKN ? regards Keith .

Hi Keith yes think so ran down south Wales 24hr I was very young then so don’t remember much had couple in GKN colours who did drive for cheers ian

Hello caddy , did your folks haul scrap up to Shotton ? GKN regularly used a AEC Mandator doing that sort of thing , do you remember Langleys from Eaton Constantine , i think they did occasional work from GKN with Leyland Comets as well as livestock , thank you Trevor

chepstowchap:

pete smith:
Off NA3T site,

Cheers Pete , Clive Price on the A49 near Leominster .
[/quote]
I’d forgotten about that Cargo CC!, Cheer’s Pete

Good-looking Cargo, that. Was it one of those with the ■■■■■■■ L10:290 and 9-sp Fuller? Robert

robert1952:
Good-looking Cargo, that. Was it one of those with the ■■■■■■■ L10:290 and 9-sp Fuller? Robert

Hi Robert,
I would have thought that was the spec, I can remember another operator with a plain white Cargo on the grain and at the time I was driving a Foden 4000 series 14 ltr ■■■■■■■ with twin splitter and a Donbur sloper, we both was in Massey Feeds at Holmes Chapel and I tipped and was taring out and this lad on the Cargo commented on the tare weight of the Foden, being surprised when it was only 180 kgs heavier than his Cargo! I could just scrape 25.5 ton on at 38 ton gross

Can’t remember if I have posted this before, Blowers coming out of Bayston Hill Quarry,

pete smith:
Can’t remember if I have posted this before, Blowers coming out of Bayston Hill Quarry,

Pete , Robert Hi, Clive Price had 2 Ford Cargos , will sort out the other image .
Pete , are Blowers still operating ? Have not seen them for some time , cc .

chepstowchap:

pete smith:

Pete , Robert Hi, Clive Price had 2 Ford Cargos , will sort out the other image .
Pete , are Blowers still operating ? Have not seen them for some time , cc .

Hi CC,
Blowers have packed in mate

A couple of Dave the Renegade’s photographs of Clive Price motor’s re-posted,

tastrucker:
Hello geraint , it is probably S J Morris from Llanfechain your father can remember , they backloaded tinplate from Gwynn Bowen as indeed did Trevor Morris , both firms are related S J stood for Sarah Jane the mother of Trevor Morris .
SJ Morris hauled most of the tinplate to Heinz at Kitt green , most of the Oswestry hauliers did along those from the Shotton area , SJ also did timber and livestock ,but now have just a couple of wagons now . Yes your father was right , they and Trevors fleet were immaculate , perhaps your father can remember Direct Transport at Gobowen another smart little fleet ran by Dennis Charles , i can remember BC haulge , but they finished years ago , in and out of Shotton they had AEC Mandators , thank you Trevor .

Trevor …thanx …yes my father agrees that hauliers that delivered steelfrom the Shotton area were indeed showstoppers !..most of the local hauliers were in awe of the likes of Trevor Morris ,and Direct Transport …down here as you say immaculate fleets …My father can remember a Direct driver by the name of Chris …his regular truck a Foden 8 wheeler …would you remember him ? …Geraint .

Has anybody got info or photos of Jack Jones’s motors from Llansantfraid, they worked out of Wynstay Farmers and did not hang about either! Cheer’s Pete

CSc00076.jpg

pete smith:
Has anybody got info or photos of Jack Jones’s motors from Llansantfraid, they worked out of Wynstay Farmers and did not hang about either! Cheer’s Pete

hello Pete , Jack Jones ran Leylands Comets , there wasd a Octopus and he finished with Marathons , parked up in the old station yard in Llansantffraid next to Wynstay , who back in those days had a smallfleet of D series Fords .
I can remember him bringing back feed from Birkenhead and Liverpool docks , i did not know that Edwards of Llanfair did fridge work ! thank you Trevor .

pete smith:

imagen
Pete Hi , on older M E Edwards , have to say not familiar with Jack Jones , cc .

pete smith:

chepstowchap:

image post
Cheers Pete ,will sort out some Salop haulage Roadtrains . Annscroft another Shrewsbury haulier . cc .

Hi CC,
One of Salop Haulages Road trains ended up at Elwyn?Griffith’s by Cross gates on the A44, it got stolen and he ended up with an ERF E10 which I ended up buying off him, Cheers Pete

Yep - Elwyn and Jack Griffiths run the garage at Crossgates and look after these two

fryske:

pete smith:

chepstowchap:

image post
Cheers Pete ,will sort out some Salop haulage Roadtrains . Annscroft another Shrewsbury haulier . cc .

Hi CC,
One of Salop Haulages Road trains ended up at Elwyn?Griffith’s by Cross gates on the A44, it got stolen and he ended up with an ERF E10 which I ended up buying off him, Cheers Pete

Yep - Elwyn and Jack Griffiths run the garage at Crossgates and look after these two

Hi Fryske,
The yard was over the island at Cross gates and off down a lane to the left after a couple of miles, chucked 100 litres of cherry in her and she flew back to Kingswinford no trouble!

pete smith:

fryske:

pete smith:

chepstowchap:

image post

Hi CC,

Hi Fryske,
The yard was over the island at Cross gates and off down a lane to the left after a couple of miles, chucked 100 litres of cherry in her and she flew back to Kingswinford no trouble!

Yes - Elwyn has ( had?) a big US truck for shows when I last saw him and it struggled to make the left at that roundabout!

Hello geraint , yes there was a driver with Direct named Chris he drove the last Foden 8 wheeler they bought new , an S80 cab i think they were called . Your father would probably remember the likes of George Mayers and Alf parry , thank you Trevor .

tastrucker:
Hello geraint , yes there was a driver with Direct named Chris he drove the last Foden 8 wheeler they bought new , an S80 cab i think they were called . Your father would probably remember the likes of George Mayers and Alf parry , thank you Trevor .

Trevor …thank for that …will ask my father if he knew those hauliers …Geraint .

kenfig bill:

tastrucker:

Trevor …thank for that …will ask my father if he knew those hauliers …Geraint .

Thats Ok , and i bet he can remember caddys too , thank you Trevor

D.G Hayward have just chucked the towel in after 45 years, another one gone :frowning:

CZC00032-4.jpg