Welsh Border and Mid Wales Hauliers 1950's onwards

chepstowchap:

Pete Hi , and a Salop Haulage Roadtrain , cc .
[/quote]
Hi CC,
Nice shot mate, Thanks for posting.

tastrucker:

altitude:
Just to remind us all of Dave the Renegade. A card I had from Tracy that Dave had made up.

We will never forget Dave and his contributions , the lorries on that card look like Morris transport from Llandrillio up near Llanymynech judging by the EP regs , thank you Trevor .

Trevor , …my father can remember a haulage company by the name of Morris from the Welshpool area …they had amongst others Guys and Fodens …black livery that backloaded tinplate from Gwynne Bowen at Gorseinon … Not Trevor Morris and his fine fleet of Atkinsons that also backloaded from Bowens …his Atkis , according to my father were immaculate …Another Oswestry haulier was B and C haulage may be you can remember them ? …Geraint .

Hi was trying to remember how post photo this was our shaun caddy truck when here drive at salop haulage looks better with stripes

caddy1:
Hi was trying to remember how post photo this was our shaun caddy truck when here drive at salop haulage looks better with stripes

Be good to see some of your Scania 76 artics pics if you have any , they did alot of scrap from GKN down to S Wales regards Keith .

Hi Keith wish we had some of the 76 keep hoping some will turn up one day had blue one as in ici colours our paul got aki borderer being restored at moment and shaun a 111 will look good when done cheers ian

Nice to see the posts on here and the thread going really well . Myself and Archie are both fine just plodding on like you do . Miss Dave every day but he will always be my number one and no one can change that . take care all and Happy new year to all the members on this site .

altitude:
Just to remind us all of Dave the Renegade. A card I had from Tracy that Dave had made up.

Thanks John for sharing this post.

Dave the Renegade:
Nice to see the posts on here and the thread going really well . Myself and Archie are both fine just plodding on like you do . Miss Dave every day but he will always be my number one and no one can change that . take care all and Happy new year to all the members on this site .

Hi Tracy,
Nice to hear you and Archie are fine, Happy new year to you both, Best Regards Pete

caddy1:

I wonder if this is the same motor that ended up in Elmore or Elwyn Griffiths fleet over by Rhyader? Can’t remember if this got stolen or an ERF,both ■■■■■■■ 14 litres, and he bought and ex Ely transport ERF but it only had the 10 liter ■■■■■■■ and he said it was like driving with the handbrake on after the 14 litres! so I bought it for internal work, first pic of it when I had her,second pic of her in happier days, (not my pic,think it is Punchy’s off the ERF thread),Cheer’s Pete

image.jpg

erf1.jpg

Just noticed this picture is “February” on Greenhous’s calendar,

caddy1:
Hi Keith wish we had some of the 76 keep hoping some will turn up one day had blue one as in ici colours our paul got aki borderer being restored at moment and shaun a 111 will look good when done cheers ian

Hi Ian , lets hope some do turn up , those 76s made a fine sight as they swept up Dinmore hill . Was most of your work out of GKN ? regards Keith .

pete smith:
Just noticed this picture is “February” on Greenhous’s calendar,

The picture this came from is now hanging on my wall, given to me by Tracy. On the back it says " Roadscapes 2011 "

Hello geraint , it is probably S J Morris from Llanfechain your father can remember , they backloaded tinplate from Gwynn Bowen as indeed did Trevor Morris , both firms are related S J stood for Sarah Jane the mother of Trevor Morris .
SJ Morris hauled most of the tinplate to Heinz at Kitt green , most of the Oswestry hauliers did along those from the Shotton area , SJ also did timber and livestock ,but now have just a couple of wagons now . Yes your father was right , they and Trevors fleet were immaculate , perhaps your father can remember Direct Transport at Gobowen another smart little fleet ran by Dennis Charles , i can remember BC haulge , but they finished years ago , in and out of Shotton they had AEC Mandators , thank you Trevor .

Can’t believe the news about Dave the Renegade, this thread has been brilliant thanks to him. I didn’t know Dave personally, but the enthusiasm and happiness he spread will be sorely missed on here imho. Let’s hope this thread keeps going in his memory.

A49 Craven Arms ,Shropshire .

chepstowchap:

A49 Craven Arms ,Shropshire .
[/quote]
Hi CC,
A company that is still trading, a rare thing now! Thanks for posting, Cheer’s Pete

Off NA3T site,

CZC00047-13.jpg

pete smith:
Off NA3T site,

Cheers Pete , Clive Price on the A49 near Leominster .

kingswinford kit:

caddy1:

Hi Ian , lets hope some do turn up , those 76s made a fine sight as they swept up Dinmore hill . Was most of your work out of GKN ? regards Keith .

Hi Keith yes think so ran down south Wales 24hr I was very young then so don’t remember much had couple in GKN colours who did drive for cheers ian