Mansel Davies

A while ago I was asked on another thread for some pics of older Mansel Davies trucks.

Here’s one to be going on with; photographed only a month ago in our yard.

Mansel’s run a sizeable fleet of these bulkers; the oldest I’ve seen is a 1986 FM7. Will try to get a few more over the next week or so now the weather’s better.

Last one i saw on the M4 was an F12 6x2 pulling what looked like a euro liner, think it was K-reg.

They still had a few F7 tippers up until three or four years ago, one was a 79 T reg, have they still got these.

There are quite a few old wagons of various shapes and sizes down the bottom yard at Llanfyrnach; next time I go up there I’ll try and remember my camera.

There are still a couple of F12’s about mainly on local work; a greater rarity is a “C” reg FL10 unit which is at Carmarthen workshops as yard shunter; must be one of the first ones and it’s still in surprisingly good condition.

Had a ride up to their yards about six years ago, noticed the yard you mention with all the old canibilised moters, good for keeping the other old one’s going. Proves a point in sticking to the same make and model, suppose being a Volvo agent helps as well.