Welsh Border and Mid Wales Hauliers 1950's onwards

Retired Old ■■■■:

pete smith:

Retired Old ■■■■:
“Pink Lady” as I recall? She also ran an F88 for a while but I don’t think the driver and her were suited. I used to meet her quite regularly at one time on the M1 or M25.

Hi CC/ROF,
Kay had a 142 in pink and pulled a tipper trailer, did she used to keep the Four Crosses pub on the A41 by Edwards’s and parked just past Sandford Bridge on the right in that Ind park.

I’ve no idea about the pub, Pete, but I can confirm that she pulled a tipper with the Scania.
Just heard from another forum that Kay has become quite ill and is keen to put her memories to paper. Short article and photos on Facebook- Gloucestershire Hauliers and Drivers.

Hi ROF,
Just looked at that page on FB, sad news indeed,I think Kay did a few loads for Mervyn Appleby, can remember her running with a couple of his up from South Wales, I was under cover in a Foden 4000,well if you drove one of them you’d keep your head down!
Edit, here is pic of Diabootsy’s off Salop Hauliers Thread of Kay’s 142,

rvvk90.jpg

free uploader
Mason Transport , Shrewsbury .

chepstowchap:

free uploader

Hi CC,
Looks like a well used example, don’t think their motors saw the wash much! Cheer’s Pete

Wrekin Roadways,

15220015_788775911263341_3636392114804826205_n.jpg

pete smith:

chepstowchap:

free uploader

Hi CC,
Looks like a well used example, don’t think their motors saw the wash much! Cheer’s Pete

Hiya,
Don’t see the wash much Eh’, are they hiring ? lol
thanks harry, long retired.

pete smith:
Wrekin Roadways,

Hello pete , another smashing picture ! And loaded with Pirelli cables from Burton , they also did carbon black as well , thank you Trevor .

harry_gill:

pete smith:

chepstowchap:

free uploader

Hi CC,

Hiya,

Nice ropeing and sheeting though , regards Keith .

kingswinford kit:

harry_gill:

pete smith:

chepstowchap:

free uploader

Hi CC,

Hiya,

Nice ropeing and sheeting though , regards Keith .

Another Mason’s, sleeper cabbed Harry, more for you to wash off! Cheer’s Pete

15181147_792217344252531_4508966431251318254_n.jpg

Hiya,
I had two aversions one was washing lorries and the other was
sleeping in them, I did tell the Guvnor’s I made my crust when
driving and wasn’t paid as a valet and night watchman, I never
got the push for making my point either.

harry_gill:
Hiya,

And quite right Harry , paid to drive safely ,get the loads delivered on time -job done , Boss made the money for himself .a lot of drivers today deserve what they get in my eyes -bring back driver power , Harry ,you know what, i’ve drifted back to our early days with BRS -must wake up ,toshboy

toshboy:

harry_gill:
Hiya,

And quite right Harry , paid to drive safely ,get the loads delivered on time -job done , Boss made the money for himself .a lot of drivers today deserve what they get in my eyes -bring back driver power , Harry ,you know what, i’ve drifted back to our early days with BRS -must wake up ,toshboy

Hiya,
And yes Toshboy a return to driving would only be if there was a nearby
BRS depot and possibly a Mk 5 AEC Mandator chomping at the bit.

pete smith:

Used to deliver concrete pipes to T J Read many years ago they did a lot of ground works for Bulmers the depot was in Kingsacer Hereford now a resedential estate

pete smith:

Hi pete and ianto , yes Tracy Read was based down Kings acre in Hereford he had a couple of those ERF artics , one ended up with Newport transport services , he was also a brother to Richard Read at Longhope , regards Keith .

[

Pete Hi , found this one , seen in Welshpool, cc .](http://postimage.org/)

chepstowchap:

[

Pete Hi , found this one , seen in Welshpool, cc .
[/quote]
Hi CC,
Looks like someone has shot the diesel tank! Cheer’s Pete](http://postimage.org/)

Radnorshire reg number,

Good shot of Phil’s Travelling Hen. Top bloke, Phil, but haven’t seen him for about thirty years.

Retired Old ■■■■:
Good shot of Phil’s Travelling Hen. Top bloke, Phil, but haven’t seen him for about thirty years.

Hey ROF , bet you know the story behind the travelling hen , regards Keith

It’s been told many times, Keith. At least once on this site! :wink: