Welsh Border and Mid Wales Hauliers 1950's onwards

fryske:
One more from the road run yesterday

Another well known local firm - Conods of Leominster – two of their Leyland Marathons - soon they will have enough Marathons to put them back into active service…

Nice one Steve.I think they do run a rigid hauling plant to the Brightwell sales at Shobdon,which will soon be moving to Madley,Herefordshire.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

fryske:
One more from the road run yesterday

Another well known local firm - Conods of Leominster – two of their Leyland Marathons - soon they will have enough Marathons to put them back into active service…

Nice one Steve.I think they do run a rigid hauling plant to the Brightwell sales at Shobdon,which will soon be moving to Madley,Herefordshire.
Cheers Dave.

I’m never sure what is running and what isn’t but here’s some more of theirs!

And another project

A couple more,seen on the A5 near Montford Bridge,Shropshire.

One of animal feed firm Wynnstay artics,seen on the A5 west of Shrewsbury.

Dave the Renegade:

A Volvo FH artic of Ed Weetman,seen on the A49 at Craven Arms.

Dave,is that where you could turn off for Leintwardine and the goat rack down to Swansea,near that haulage/chicken depot - I can’t recall the name of the company,unless it was maybe/happen/could have been/ :unamused: D and N Morgan?

Chris Webb:

Dave the Renegade:

Dave,is that where you could turn off for Leintwardine and the goat rack down to Swansea,near that haulage/chicken depot - I can’t recall the name of the company,unless it was maybe/happen/could have been/ :unamused: D and N Morgan?

hi chris,
i think the road you refer too is on the roundabout outside the craven arms hotel.
regards andrew.

pete 359:

Chris Webb:

Dave the Renegade:

hi chris,
i think the road you refer too is on the roundabout outside the craven arms hotel.
regards andrew.

Hi Chris,
The road where the picture is taken is on a mini r/about that leads off to Bridgenorth,with a supermarket on the other side.
Andrew is right,you turn for Leintwardine about 100 yards in front of the Weetman FH by the Craven Arms Hotel.
D & N Morgan were back up the road at the other end of the town.Chukie Chickens owned by J P Wood were the poultry firm about a mile outside of Craven Arms.The premises is now run by Britpart who make stuff for Land Rover among other things.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

pete 359:

Chris Webb:

Dave the Renegade:

hi chris,
regards andrew.

Hi Chris,
The road where the picture is taken is on a mini r/about that leads off to Bridgenorth,with a supermarket on the other side.
Andrew is right,you turn for Leintwardine about 100 yards in front of the Weetman FH by the Craven Arms Hotel.
D & N Morgan were back up the road at the other end of the town.Chukie Chickens owned by J P Wood were the poultry firm about a mile outside of Craven Arms.The premises is now run by Britpart who make stuff for Land Rover among other things.
Cheers Dave.

Hi dave
I think you spend more time in craven arms than i do,
tony

tonyb70:

Dave the Renegade:

pete 359:

Chris Webb:

Dave the Renegade:

hi chris,
regards andrew.

Hi Chris,
Cheers Dave.

Hi dave
I think you spend more time in craven arms than i do,
tony

Only pass through there a couple of times a month Tony,but always make sure Tracy has her camera ready :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Soneone with a LGV training vehicle,seen on the A5 near Oswestry.

A bit dark this one,seen on the A5 near Oswestry.

Dave the Renegade:

pete 359:

Chris Webb:

Dave the Renegade:

hi chris,
regards andrew.

Hi Chris,

Cheers Dave.

What happened to Chukie chicken Dave? it was a big operation at one time, they even subbed work at times to BRS !

Trev_H:

Dave the Renegade:

pete 359:

Chris Webb:

Dave the Renegade:

hi chris,
regards andrew.

Hi Chris,

Cheers Dave.

What happened to Chukie chicken Dave? it was a big operation at one time, they even subbed work at times to BRS !

As far as I know they sold out to another firm who sold the Craven Arms premises Trev.They had a place on Anglesey as well.
Tonyb70 would know more info,as he lives in Craven Arms.
Cheers Dave.

A nice Daf XF,seen on the A5 near Shotatton,Shropshire.

Dave the Renegade:

Trev_H:

Dave the Renegade:

pete 359:

Chris Webb:

Dave the Renegade:

hi chris,
regards andrew.

Hi Chris,

Cheers Dave.

As far as I know they sold out to another firm who sold the Craven Arms premises Trev.They had a place on Anglesey as well.
Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave, Yes, they had a place at Llangefni on Anglesey and a place at Tipton, at busy periods I used to deliver chickens and turkeys to Asda for BRS from their places. They were also a big customer for B+W motors who sold them dozens of 80/81 Scanias.

A Volvo FH,seen on the A5 at Shotatton,Shropshire.

Trev_H:

Dave the Renegade:

Trev_H:

Dave the Renegade:

pete 359:

Chris Webb:

Dave the Renegade:

hi chris,
regards andrew.

Hi Chris,

Cheers Dave.

Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave, Yes, they had a place at Llangefni on Anglesey and a place at Tipton, at busy periods I used to deliver chickens and turkeys to Asda for BRS from their places. They were also a big customer for B+W motors who sold them dozens of 80/81 Scanias.

hiya,
Now then Trev stop talking dirty, “Scania 80s” indeed go and wash your mouth out.
thanks harry long retired.

They were good enough to pull the birds Harry, frozen ones mind :laughing: :laughing:

Trev_H:
They were good enough to pull the birds Harry, frozen ones mind :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Chris Webb:

Trev_H:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hiya,
I’ve pulled a few birds in my time as well, and some of them was a bit chilled.
thanks harry long retired.