Welsh Border and Mid Wales Hauliers 1950's onwards

harry_gill:

Chris Webb:

Trev_H:
They were good enough to pull the birds Harry, frozen ones mind :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hiya,
I’ve pulled a few birds in my time as well, and some of them was a bit chilled.
thanks harry long retired.

I will have to rename this thread " The bird pulling thread " :laughing: :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

i don’t know about a pulling birds thread dave , more like " lock up your grannies , harry’s about "!!! anon

rigsby:
i don’t know about a pulling birds thread dave , more like " lock up your grannies , harry’s about "!!! anon

hiya,
Can’t even pull the missus anymore and she’s a granny,
thanks harry long retired

harry_gill:

rigsby:

hiya,

Harry have you been back on the Malts ? I hope you are behaving yourself retired or not, remember you are a Knight of the Road.

Lawrence Dunbar:

harry_gill:

rigsby:

hiya,

Harry have you been back on the Malts ? I hope you are behaving yourself retired or not, remember you are a Knight of the Road.

hiya,
Larry I think Knight of the garden path is more fitting in my case nowadays, I couldn’t even assist another driver lift a wheel brace these days let alone put it to practical use, must be time for a drop of Glenny.

harry_gill:

Lawrence Dunbar:

harry_gill:

rigsby:

hiya,

hiya,
Larry I think Knight of the garden path is more fitting in my case nowadays, I couldn’t even assist another driver lift a wheel brace these days let alone put it to practical use, must be time for a drop of Glenny.

I expect you would help Harry,especially if he had a large glass of malt waiting for you to swig after :wink:.
Cheers Dave.

Oswestry Waste Paper run some nice lorries,this Scania wagon & drag seen on the A5 near Shotatton,Shropshire.

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Lawrence Dunbar:

harry_gill:

rigsby:

hiya,

hiya,

I expect you would help Harry,especially if he had a large glass of malt waiting for you to swig after :wink:.
Cheers Dave.

hiya,
Wrong Dave I’d need the tipple first to make sure he wasn’t pulling my leg you know what they say a bird in the hand, and I always work better sloshed don’t feel the aches and pains so much and boy have I got plenty of them.

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Lawrence Dunbar:

harry_gill:

rigsby:

hiya,

hiya,

Cheers Dave.

hiya,
Wrong Dave I’d need the tipple first to make sure he wasn’t pulling my leg you know what they say a bird in the hand, and I always work better sloshed don’t feel the aches and pains so much and boy have I got plenty of them.

Its when you stop feeling the aches and pains Harry.I get a few from various bones I have broken over the years.But I’m still breathing and enjoying a few beers,not tasted the firewater :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Another one of Wynnstay motors,seen in the rain on the A5 near Shrewsbury.

Wheeltappers hiding behind the bushes at their check area next to the A5 at Nesscliffe,Shropshire.

Dave the Renegade:

You don’t burn extra fuel by using the windscreen wipers you know Dave? :laughing:

hammer:

Dave the Renegade:

You don’t burn extra fuel by using the windscreen wipers you know Dave? :laughing:

Spoils the pic :laughing: hammer,so they get switched off temporarily for a decent motor :laughing:.
Cheers Dave.

A small M A N,seen on the A5 near Montford Bridge,Shropshire.Interesting heading on the cab + too 200% to read it.

One of John Weaver & Sons Scania’s heading for Kronospan at Chirk,seen on the A5 near Shrewsbury.

Dave the Renegade:

In my opinion a really nice looking Scania,seen on the A49 south of Dorrington,Shropshire.

Totally agree Dave.

campbell.jpg

stravaiger:

Dave the Renegade:

In my opinion a really nice looking Scania,seen on the A49 south of Dorrington,Shropshire.

Totally agree Dave.

Are they a big outfit ? Looks like a Scottish livery to me.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

Scottish as haggis Dave, near Lanark. As to the size of the fleet I’d only be guessing but he has a range of work including fridges,bulk tippers, walking floors etc and to add to it all his son has wagons in the name of “Clyde Transport” should ever you meet any on your travels

IMG_0083.JPG

stravaiger:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

Scottish as haggis Dave, near Lanark. As to the size of the fleet I’d only be guessing but he has a range of work including fridges,bulk tippers, walking floors etc and to add to it all his son has wagons in the name of “Clyde Transport” should ever you meet any on your travels

Hi Jim,
Always nice to know a bit about the different operators.I only see the front of them as we pass by on the road.
Cheers Dave.

good pics
Dave when i get home i have sope Pics from the steam rally at the weekend will get them up asap