Welcome!

yeah I checked PSTT and Class 2 + CPC would be a bit cheaper, however travelling to Nottingham will mean I will be off my usual job for those few days, whereas Wallace is literally four tube stops away from my place and I can still go to work every day (I do nights). With Wallace - 5 day Class 2 + CPC would cost me around 1600.

Firstly, on the whole, Wallace is a decent set up.

But check out our current Christmas Offer. £1260 fully inclusive of 1:1 training, VAT, test fee, Mod 4 training, test fee, and vehicle for test. Also free accommodation for the duration of your course as you’re more than 70 miles away. Can be done over a weekend. All day Sat, Sunday with test Monday am. Perfectly normal with all but one person passing on that course during 2017.

Pay your deposit before we close for Christmas and get entered into a prize draw for a free course.

Pass Protection (3 retests totally covered) for £250.

Takes some beating!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

thanks. got theory and hazard booked for next week (I booked it a month ago) but the earliest slot for CPC theory is January (I checked at least three centres close to my place). Oh well booked for 12.01. Hunting now for study materials - bloody dvd cost 30 and app half that price.

TatteredPrince:
thanks. got theory and hazard booked for next week (I booked it a month ago) but the earliest slot for CPC theory is January (I checked at least three centres close to my place). Oh well booked for 12.01. Hunting now for study materials - bloody dvd cost 30 and app half that price.

That’s bloody unlucky waiting time to do CPC theory.

As for study materials I used official LGV theory book, official guide to driving goods vehicles and an app on my phone. None to expensive. The app had theory tests, hazard perception tests and the highway code built into it. I liked having it on my phone to practice when I had a spare few minutes.

Passed all three tests with very high scores. So personally I think it’s all anyone needs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

got theory and hazard booked for next week (I booked it a month ago) but the earliest slot for CPC theory is January (I checked at least three centres close to my place). Oh well booked for 12.01. Hunting now for study materials - bloody dvd cost 30 and app half that price.

Why not spread the net further? We have folks who are under pressure for quick tests and we normally secure them to suit but maybe 50, 60 or 70 miles away.

It depends how important it is to you.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I wish it was that easy Peter Smythe. Don’t get me wrong, I checked your offer a while ago and it is very nice, however attending a course nearby will mean I won’t have to take any days off my current job (which is a money saving itself). I’m not in a terrible rush and I’m planning to get this (Class1 + CPC) done by March latest. Now C+E would be another story and I will strongly consider your school then.

As for the theory hazard etc I got this Focus app from Play Store which helped me pass my motorbike licence last year - it is like 5quids for the LGV/HGV version. It is pretty good and I guess I will have to cough up another 12quids for their CPC app.