Volvo f89 parts

rward:
i think the 89 looks nice but at 30 if you buy it then you start spending it costs a fortune i know im doing one and believe me it runs away but i love them regards rowland

I totally agree Rowland, but as someone who’s currently ‘getting their hands dirty’ restoring one, how much do you think a properly (bare metal) restored F89 might sell for?

Ross.

big 250 i havent a clue i think you will only do an oldlorry up if your a fanatic or nut because its so bloody hard chasing partsgaining information etc etc if you thoght about the resale ypu probly wouldnt do one but when they done you do get some buzz ido try to do them to good standed with my 89 i been lucky with some good advise of people who now better than me which im very gratefull itl be done 2013 hopefully regards rowland ps i would never sell my 141 i love it

rward:
big 250 i havent a clue i think you will only do an oldlorry up if your a fanatic or nut because its so bloody hard chasing partsgaining information etc etc if you thoght about the resale ypu probly wouldnt do one but when they done you do get some buzz ido try to do them to good standed with my 89 i been lucky with some good advise of people who now better than me which im very gratefull itl be done 2013 hopefully regards rowland ps i would never sell my 141 i love it

I know exactly what you mean about your 141, if I had a nice F89 I’d never want to sell it but I’d sell my F16 tomorrow for ‘the right price’!!

Ross.

Watch the YouTube clip it sound pukka

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0iNP15zXNJE

Found a photo of the same truck on Flickr being delivered to a port somewhere with a price tag still attached he’s defo made a good investment who ever bought it
flickr.com/photos/13716483@N07/7253985482

hi,
that’s a good find :sunglasses: .i bet the seller wont think so though :wink:
regards andrew.

Never mind Business is business I guess an someone has to make the money :slight_smile: !! But what pukka looking truck it’ll be another restored classic on the show circuit cheers nick

Doesn’t look quite as nice close up in that price tag pic tho.

Ross.

Good morning all as a lifelong lover of F89s I can understand why people like these motors so much, my brother Tony and I knew every nut and bolt on them,after running them from1980 until 1997 you d expect that wouldn t you. For those of you who haven t already seen look at page 157 on Astran Middle East thread and you ll see our last 2 89s leaving us.Consecutive Regs and one in far better nick than the other.They were sold about 2005 or6 for wait for it 5k the pair not each. Included in this were engines, gearboxes,diffs, front and rear springs and all the other bits you amass after years of operating them. Hind sight is a wonderful thing ain t it we didn t sell them we gave them away. Regrets i ve had a few and this is one of them. Good luck all with your projects,dont break the bank. Regards Crow.

pete 359:
Hi all,
Don’t mean to cause any offence,but 30k for that motor is a bit erm …optimistic :wink:
Regards Andrew.

That makes pat seales old un cheap then doesnt it ?

robthedog:

pete 359:
Hi all,
Don’t mean to cause any offence,but 30k for that motor is a bit erm …optimistic :wink:
Regards Andrew.

I’ve seen Pat Seals F88 for sale in Smith Bro’s advert but not with a price, how much do they want for it?

Ross.

bigr250:

robthedog:

pete 359:
Hi all,
Regards Andrew.

I’ve seen Pat Seals F88 for sale in Smith Bro’s advert but not with a price, how much do they want for it?

Ross.

I think I got about a grand for mine Geoff off Theo…

rward:
goergyboyscania 141my rebuild is coming very very very slowly i got nearly all the parts iv been very lucky finding them you say you sold that in newport 9 miles from me wh0s that then i remember ringing you in 2000 talking to you i was looking for my 141 parts long time ago think your 141 looked lush well im hoping the next time im on here ill have some progress all the best rowland

Now it’s the new year mate could we see some photos of how the f89 is comin along or will it be ready this year for the shows :slight_smile: all the best nick

Heres a few pictures taken yesterday showing the chassis set up for reassembly.

I know your doing a f89 mate but look at the badges on ebay for f88 if there any use to you regards nick.
ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-F88-DEC … 3a7d58abd5

for sale on ebay ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-F88-240 … 257b292bdb

This is for sale on ebay ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-F89-vin … t_54wt_958

Found this photo of your 141 in a previous colour mate