Volvo F10,F12,F16

I remember the first F10 for Swifts of Northampton - TJL 563S driven by Mick Rogers & during the xmas school holidays my dad & Mick had a run to Rockware glass @ Knottingley with swifts ‘first’ tautliners. My dad had an F88, so i accompanied Mick on the trip there & remember it seeming out of this world compared to the 88 ( an N reg. 290 )what with air-con , luxurious carpet ,illuminated switches & car like quietness .My dad got one himself in march - UDO 617S but swapped it for a Transcon a couple of months later , for some reason he never took to the F10 .
There are some good pics on the Swift Service thread of their early F10s :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

CRAIG D:
i know theres a FL on there that was myfirst artic followed by the F10 below it was ex london rubber a great truck

Hiya "CRAIG D"Can you remember the reg on the London Rubber Volvo■■?..I think London Rubber had 6 all registered one after another.
A pal of mine goes to rallys around cheshire with 2 Ex London Rubber trucks which will be sister trucks to yours I’ll get photo’s in two weeks
and post them.
John

3300John:

CRAIG D:
i know theres a FL on there that was myfirst artic followed by the F10 below it was ex london rubber a great truck

Hiya "CRAIG D"Can you remember the reg on the London Rubber Volvo■■?..I think London Rubber had 6 all registered one after another.
A pal of mine goes to rallys around cheshire with 2 Ex London Rubber trucks which will be sister trucks to yours I’ll get photo’s in two weeks
and post them.
John

Stagetruck had one/some ex LRC Globetrotters. Always looked tidy, but then Stagetruck’s motors usually do. Have a look at Rockn Roller’s avatar - it may be one of them.

[
and post them.
John
[/quote]
Stagetruck had one/some ex LRC Globetrotters. Always looked tidy, but then Stagetruck’s motors usually do. Have a look at Rockn Roller’s avatar - it may be one of them.
[/quote]
one of my mates is ex stagetruck…I think it may be 12 on the reg
John

hi ya 3300 john mine was L13LRC we changed it to H2 SDT howarth bros from up manchester way have it now its been painted red and had another personal reg put on it. A lad named nick clarke from somerset had L15LRC on bricks for a bit that was tidy too then brian rayners from frome had it and wrecked it .

This is BFJ960T an F12 that my Uncle drove for A.E. Stuart & Sons Livestock Transport from new. Stuart’s packed in the haulage in the early 80’s but still hold the Volvo Truck & Bus Franchise for the Westcountry.

Here with an F10 of Stuart Snow from Andover.

Hope you like them, Andrew Stone.

CRAIG D:
hi ya 3300 john mine was L13LRC we changed it to H2 SDT howarth bros from up manchester way have it now its been painted red and had another personal reg put on it. A lad named nick clarke from somerset had L15LRC on bricks for a bit that was tidy too then brian rayners from frome had it and wrecked it .

Hiya… spot on my mate Keith works for Howarths. Mrs Howarth comes to the rallys with 1 F86 …2 F12’s… 2 old Dennis and Keith has a Model T Ford.
We’'ll all meet up at Llandudno festival of transport in two weeks… i’ll get a photo and post it…Howarth have two the red one and a silver grey ex stage
truck which is possibly the next number.
John

Heres my first ever volvo f10 tag axle i bought as a O/D way back in 1991 :blush: :blush: when derv was around 31p.p.l,

and here the old f12 i drove for 7 or 8 yrs for knowles,

I used to work for a firm in Congleton that had a ex LRC F1O the reg was G698 DFA (i think).
He had the chassis stretched and a mid-lift fitted.
I do have some photos but they are in the UK,the next time I go back I will have to dig them out but dont hold your breath :laughing:

this was mine

these were at truckfest in 2009

Some more pictures from an old F10/F12 brouchure

Hey Mercman, got anymore brochures to put on the SALES BROCHURE thread?

gb1:
Hey Mercman, got anymore brochures to put on the SALES BROCHURE thread?

Hi I have got a box full in the attic . Mostly from the 70 & 80 . Most of them are either volvo, scania,mercedes benz a few daf and a few more . The trouble is getting them down and scanning them too get on here. The quality of the scans aren’t very good i’m afraid . I will try and get some more scanned and put them on the thread. Thats if I can get on the computer I have got 2 kids that seem too take over the computer !!
Heres a couple more F10/12 pictures

Tony

me & my dad-alan

I bought this F12 Globetrotter from Dawsons in Leighton Buzzard. It was an ex Aston Clinton Haulage unit, and this was its first job after being painted.
Reg No. B413 YWL

I had this F16 when it was getting on a bit,(it wasnt in this condition when i had it.!) and it had a tag axle conversion as well, and speed limiter exempt! It was working for Frans Maas Tilbury when i was behind the wheel, 6 months after getting it the boss got me a brand new N reg 420 CD Globetrotter

Hi the last few pictures from the volvo leaflet

I think the twin headlight F12 Globetrotter is my favourite looking truck of all. I’ve not driven one, so many would beg to differ on it I’m sure! Has anyone still got one? Surely there must be a restored few about, it would be a shame for such a classic truck to dissappear. Any more pics??

Regards,

Mark.