Upsetting people who have to sit on the limiter

youve never had the paddys and subbies overtaking you then?
the wee video of the a75 a cpl month back might have opened your eyes to the normality of those who dont care. :slight_smile:

What is the point of this pointless thraed ■■

Race transporter registered as motorhome and restrictor removed tends to upset a fair few .
Legal in the outside as well .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

malcolmgbell:
What is the point of this pointless thraed ■■

^^^^^^
i think the point of it is so that anoraks like roymondo can put on their grammer police helmetsmscrutinise and be pedantic about typos whilst joining the ranks of the fridge engineer appreciation society.
im surprised he hasnt picked you up on " thraed " .
its not as if we are filling out phd exam paper ffs.most of us in here have enough qualifications to be working for highways england… :unamused:

There is no point to this thread, it is pointless and threadbare, the point being it isn’t a proper thread.
There it is. The thread laid bare, pointless though it is to point that out.

3srs4e.jpg

Play your silly games - but don’t be getting upset if somebody decides to pass you and show your mirror the side of their trailer .

adam277:
Once he has completed his 3 Mile dual carriageway overtake get in front of him and match his speed but shave 1/2 a mile an hour off it.
If he speeds up just go 1mph faster.

Watch him rage in your rear view mirror.
If he just sits in the right hand lane just speed up more so he looks like a numpty.
You know you won when all the lorries he spent twenty minutes overtaking start overtaking him.

Ps. You shouldn’t do this as it’s very childish but I have contemplated it at times. :grimacing:
Especially when they know they can’t go faster then the truck they are overtaking so they just sit their waiting for a hill…

Not quite sure what your beef is but I do wonder if you understand truck driving.

I have no problem with someone overtaking me going half a mile an hour faster provided they have had the brain (sometimes I wonder if they have a brain) to have observed what’s going on. Now where the road is busy it doesn’t make too much sense as you’ll p155 everyone off trying to get past. Where it is quieter what does it matter so long as you’re not the tat who took 10 minutes to crawl past me the other week in his Volvo near Scotch Corner before deciding he too wanted to go across the A66. He cut in so tight the Daf emergency braking was activated. He then acted the tat again on the roundabout so when it come to the dual carriageway I just pulled out and left the pillock for dust. Maybe being overtaken by a Daf Cf was beneath him.

I would say near enough 100% of truck drivers are not trying to p155 other drivers off but some don’t suffer fools gladly and there are a lot (mainly tipper tippers and parcel wallahs) who are frustrated F1 drivers and clearly are immune to regulations governing speed. However given that - they are just in a ruddy hurry.

If you have a heavy load on there are times that, if you drive correctly, you use the kinetic energy to get a little way up the next m-way hill and then despite being on the limiter the weight kicks in and you fall back. If you are observant you’ll realise that. So what. You re-overtake Mr Heavy Load, give him (or her a wave) and on a road like the M74 no doubt they’ll come haring past you at the next hill. It’s a sort of game but in my book not malicious. Just allows each truck to make the most of natural forces and get where they are going as quickly and efficiently as possible.

What makes me smile are the SWA’s who accelerate like mad up to 56 down the slip road are determined to overtake muggins who is building the speed up gradually within the green band and I just know that I’ll leave 'em for dead 5 minutes later. Hey ho.

Just know your truck and observe what else is going on. It ain’t hard, but there can be a lot going on when it is busy - I accept.