No wonder other drivers get frustrated

So driving the car up the A74M yesterday on the two lane section near Lesmahagow. First lorry driver pulls out to overtake and for 3 miles plays a game of cat and mouse with other lorry in Lane 1. Neither would give an inch and soon there was a massive tailback. Eventually he gets back into lane 1 and then another wagon goes out and it starts again after only a couple of cars get by
Why can’t one just drop it a k or 2 and let everybody get on their way. By the way I am a lorry driver. Is it stubbornness or just lack of awareness by some?

Lorry drivers seem to think that unless you’re on the limiter at all times you’re losing time left right and centre. Never understood their desperation to get by no matter how slowly

Everytime I am in the UK I experience the same on that road. I am never in a hurry but I do feel for other drivers that have to be held up by these selfish knumb brains.
I have mentioned how much this goes on on previous threads and have been told I was talking bull. It’s definitely more noticeable when car driving or camper van which is our most common mode of transport these days.

If another lorry is overtaking me and is going to take an age to pass me i ease off then flash him back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

switchlogic:
Lorry drivers seem to think that unless you’re on the limiter at all times you’re losing time left right and centre. Never understood their desperation to get by no matter how slowly

This ^^^^^. When I first started in this ridiculous business it was pre limiter so this was never an issue. When limiters came out I’ll admit to my eternal shame that I was one of those who absolutely needed to be on the limiter constantly and got annoyed when stuck behind someone a millionth of a mile per hour slower, I’d use every trick in the book to get past them; gravity, trapping them behind slow movers etc.

It didn’t take long for me to realise that my way was the sure fire way to a stress related illness and once that realisation struck I changed my driving style immediately, I’m now far happier, more relaxed and certainly less of a road going menace!

i never ever have the option to elephant race but i can understand how some drivers have the thought proccess of…i didnt ask for a limiter,the government imposed it so its not my problem theres a massive queue behind me and sod em…
im always of the opinion and practice of "if your not fast ,your last, but theres really no point for a half a klick 3 mile overtake if your running legal,unless its been a balls up and your cutting it fine to get stopped.

mark1284:
If another lorry is overtaking me and is going to take an age to pass me i ease off then flash him back in

Blimey…thought it was only me who did that.

chinese6:

mark1284:

Blimey…thought it was only me who did that.

No I do too.

If someone is put there trying to overtake then by definition they’ve caught you up and are quicker than you so they’ll get by anyway. Why not help them along.

Tbh to avoid the rat race I sit at about 53mph. It’s enough to get me past the supermarket dollies with a boost if needed but also enough to let things get by quickly enough.

toonsy:
Tbh to avoid the rat race I sit at about 53mph. It’s enough to get me past the supermarket dollies with a boost if needed but also enough to let things get by quickly enough.

Exactly the same.

Years back I did one of them course`s that Scania used to do,to show you how to get the best out of your motor,driving in the green etc etc
I tried driving as told over a distance that I knew,driving the way I normally drove, would take me 1hr 10min driving as shown /told time lost was 3 minutes.
Its hardly worth pushing it for the sake of 15 -20 mins over say a 3 hr drive.

I would always pull out to pass someone if i caught them and often find myself side by side for miles, then came adaptive cruise control, now i just sit behind them at a safe distance lettng the computer do the driving for me and wait for a big downhill to get the job done quickly

I always just sit at 53 nowadays… let the heros fly by and i have a little in hand if i catch someone up… plus it helps my fuel bonus.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jakethesnake:
Everytime I am in the UK I experience the same on that road. I am never in a hurry but I do feel for other drivers that have to be held up by these selfish knumb brains.
I have mentioned how much this goes on on previous threads and have been told I was talking bull. It’s definitely more noticeable when car driving or camper van which is our most common mode of transport these days.

So what differential do you call sensible then? Are trucks not allowed to overtake? Are you aware of speed differentials? How about blaming the stupid planners for building a dual 2 motorway?

Too many car drivers can’t anticipate what is happening so cause problems for themselves and others especially on that stretch. Scottish drivers are shocking, selfish and downright dangerous ( a bit like Essex drivers really) constantly driving in the off side line and never moving over except to cut you up and drive over the hatched line as they frantically try to access the access road they were first notified of over a mile earlier but ignored because…they must get past the lorries…

If MacPlod and Transfarce Scotland and their contractors actually watched the footage of these planks they could raise quite a lot of money.

Surprised more aren’t killed up here with their arrogant driving.

lolipop:
Years back I did one of them course`s that Scania used to do,to show you how to get the best out of your motor,driving in the green etc etc
I tried driving as told over a distance that I knew,driving the way I normally drove, would take me 1hr 10min driving as shown /told time lost was 3 minutes.
Its hardly worth pushing it for the sake of 15 -20 mins over say a 3 hr drive.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yes it is.
boats dont wait.
miss the boat and you can lose a full nights sleep or a days wages in some cases.
depending on what type of work you are on then timing can be critical though obviously not stobrat tosco type work.